Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I for one appreciate any information regarding signings etc given on here, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, doesn't mean it's the end of the world doggies fans.
Believe me there is a lot of names and conversations taking place behind the scenes at the moment and we have plenty of money to make it happen. Have faith doggies fans we are moving in the right direction to become a powerhouse club onve again.
Re Shaun Johnson, I too was told he had virtually agreed to terms and the plan was he would be signing a contract when he returned from NZ next week, however things didn't work out that way and he received a hard to refuse offer from the warriors while over there, the lure of moving back home to finish his career was the deciding factor in the end.
Agree - thank you to all those that provide mail keeps the forum interesting. Special shout out to Dave “The Hitman” Holland on this occasion. Cheers.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lollll
Now where r all those dumb fucks that told me selling dwz was good idea "the cash will get us johnson bro"
Hows a 16th place club going to compete against all the clubs with cash
Regardless, we're still better off being without DWZ and being able to use an extra 300-400k in cap space.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The truth is we're going to have to overpay a few players to get the ball rolling. We were lucky with Burton and JAC but other players thinking of coming over won't be encouraged by Flanagan and JMK in the spine which may be the case next year. Who knows who the fullback will be.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
we need EXPERIENCE to lead our young boys for fuck sake, this club needs to stop sitting on its hands. Nothing will change until we have that.!!

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox sports today - It must have gone pear shaped with dealings with contract terms. Shaun Johnson is going back to New Zealand Warriors for 2 years. $450,000 a season.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
ive missed the last few pages, has anyone posted that they're worried burton might backflip?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He wanted too much, the Warriors paid it, we wouldn't. I'm happy with that.

Always a Bulldog
Doubt. Imo we were happy paying 450k (what the Warriors did, they just matched our offer), the problem was when the Warriors came in we would of needed to up that. I'm not saying we should but it wasn't because "the Warriors paid it (too much)".

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth be told we offered the same amount of money then they did we didn’t need to be paying overs for SJ at the end he chose them over us I honestly thought we had a done deal there must be a disconnection between us and the player managers no one wants to deal with us cause we are such a basket case plan and simple

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah OK, miss out on a half back so lets go see if we can get a middle forward. Makes sense....
Agree
I get a middle forward is needed but fuck me, I sense no plan on actually how they will actually build squad .. from chasing half back to middle forward