Official Corey Waddell signs for the Bulldogs for the next three seasons

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Unless your the Rorters we need to have depth signings, I would just prefer we sign some "tip of the spear" players first then see what cash we have left for the depth. At this rate I hope we don't blow our cash on depth and don't address the glaring positional areas of the last decade.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As it stands next season I'm going with
11. Elliot (right edge)
12. Waddell
13. Jackson

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I actually think it’s ok.He wouldn’t have cost much and is a decent athlete . 104kg and 190cm so he’s a fair lump .

We lost CHN who was our best backrower . Jacko is gone as an edge forward and Doorey is unproven. That only leaves Stimson who didnt show much . Put it this way - He has played a shitload better than Jackson this year.

Of course we need a fullback , half and hooker and hopefully they come. But we still need other players as well because we get outplayed all over the park. Our edge defence all year has been horrible
We went from offering Bateman a multimillion dollar contract to this...literally all our signings are "squad signings" on overs or outright flops like DWZ, Napa. Also signing players isn't going to improve our defence, actually getting fit, improving our defensive systems and learning to effectively work as a unit will. You could throw any player on our edge right now and they will be just as exposed as the guys we have there now.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My prediction is we ain't signing Tolman and Sue. Waddell and maybe Asiata come in with probably RFM to fill in the middle. Our chances of getting a game breaking forward are pretty low and can probably only happen if we release Napa.

8 Napa
10 Thompson
11 Elliott
12 Jackson
13 Asiata

15 Renouf
16 RFM
17 Stimson/Doorey/C Smith/Waddell/Britt

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those losing needlessly losing their minds - we have a 30 man squad to fill, so not every recruit is gonna be a rep star.

In any case, this is a more than sound signing. Waddell is adept either through the middle or on an edge, and is aggressive in defence. Will provide a bit of extra grunt next year and comes cheap.
Exactly right. He is about 5 yards quicker than any edge back rower we currently have.

We need to have a bit of faith in Barrett. He has seen him at Manly and rates him. Thats enough for me

Our whole squad is average. Not just our spine. I disagree when people say we already have enough backrowers. We actually have alot of shit backrowers. I reckon Baz will move a few of them on

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
What problem grogdog?

We are on track for our power point !!!

Lynne was instrumental for the titans spoon! As too hill for the eels multiple spoons!!

Bateman to Waddell!

We might outdo them both with a run of 4 or 5 spoons at this rate!!!

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's not that it's a bad signing, it's just we already have average second rowers (Britt, Stimson, Smith, even Jackson these days) that are signed for 2021 and beyond that it's hard for fans to get excited for this signing. If we fucked off Britt and Stimson i'd be more excited for this signing as it opens up cap space elsewhere, instead of having so much of it decidated to one area where we are average as fuck.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My prediction is we ain't signing Tolman and Sue. Waddell and maybe Asiata come in with probably RFM to fill in the middle. Our chances of getting a game breaking forward are pretty low and can probably only happen if we release Napa.

8 Napa
10 Thompson
11 Elliott
12 Jackson
13 Asiata

15 Renouf
16 RFM
17 Stimson/Doorey/C Smith/Waddell/Britt
If Jackson and Elliott are our edge backrowers next year we wont win a game mate

Have you not seen Jacko let in 3 tries every week ?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We went from offering Bateman a multimillion dollar contract to this...literally all our signings are "squad signings" on overs or outright flops like DWZ, Napa. Also signing players isn't going to improve our defence, actually getting fit, improving our defensive systems and learning to effectively work as a unit will. You could throw any player on our edge right now and they will be just as exposed as the guys we have there now.
Yeah thats a fair point but Barrett wasnt around when we offered Bateman.

I didnt think it was a good idea to spend big money on an edge backrower when we needed spine players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm sure he'll be a decent squad signing BUT we already have enough of them and I can't see him being anymore than a player battling in out for the last bench spot... it just isn't what we need to get off the bottom of the ladder. It's also almost a certainty that we're not paying minimum wage and it's more closer to the 300k mark (just like the Stimson signing).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Baz said he has a plan. And we have a heap of guys off contract next year so they will he playing for positions. He’s really only signed 2 back rowers on his watch Waddell & Resigned Elliot. Everyone else in the back row is playing for a position beyond 2021 beside Jacko who will likely play less minutes next year. Plenty of funds available to make a huge offer to a spine player which in my opinion, looks to be how he is setting things up.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How could I forget Britt!!

Britt Stimson Jackson Elliott and Waddell!!! Extend tolman next! What a pack!!!

Such an astute signing from our powerhouse!!! The cheer squad will he vocal!
We’ve got a number of forwards off contract this year and next who need to be replaced in the squad. Corey comes at the right price which will allow us to invest money in other key spine positions.

With that said - can you recommend some better forward options in the lower price range who are currently available?

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Jackson and Elliott are our edge backrowers next year we wont win a game mate

Have you not seen Jacko let in 3 tries every week ?
Well we've got both till 2023 so need to get used to it. I've really liked Doorey and RFM on the edge but given we've got these guys contracted on decent coin they need to start.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz said he has a plan. And we have a heap of guys off contract next year so they will he playing for positions. He’s really only signed 2 back rowers on his watch Waddell & Resigned Elliot. Everyone else in the back row is playing for a position beyond 2021 beside Jacko who will likely play less minutes next year. Plenty of funds available to make a huge offer to a spine player which in my opinion, looks to be how he is setting things up.
It will be interesting to see what happens next year. Realistically the lock spot should be between Jacko and Elliott but they have also been talking to Asiata.

Maybe Baz still does see Jacko as a backrower but he would have to improve a hell of a lot from this year.

I dont have any inside info whatsoever but i do know player movements have been happening later and later the past few years. Hooper was saying the other day they are going pretty hard for Burton so that would solve one problem.

Everyone will know more about the hooker position when Smith makes a decision. Either Grant or B.Smith may be available then