Official Corey Waddell signs for the Bulldogs for the next three seasons

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We're excited to announce that we are continuing to build the strength and depth of our forward pack with the signing of Manly back-rower Corey Waddell for the next three seasons.

The 23 year-old, who is renowned for his hard running and strong defence, made his debut for the Sea Eagles in 2019 and has currently appeared in 34 NRL matches for the club.

Waddell has family links to the game with his late father Steve having made 89 NRL appearances for Penrith and Illawarra in the late 1990's and he has also worked with incoming Bulldogs Coach Trent Barrett, while he was coming through the system at the Penrith Panthers

Chief Executive Andrew Hill was pleased to have added another piece to the Bulldogs squad for 2021:

"We are continuing to construct our squad for 2021 and beyond and Corey will be an important part of that process.

He is a hard-working footballer who is a strong defender and someone who will bring additional quality and depth to our forward pack.

We look forward to Corey joining us next season."

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In what realm is this a good signing
I actually think it’s ok.He wouldn’t have cost much and is a decent athlete . 104kg and 190cm so he’s a fair lump .

We lost CHN who was our best backrower . Jacko is gone as an edge forward and Doorey is unproven. That only leaves Stimson who didnt show much . Put it this way - He has played a shitload better than Jackson this year.

Of course we need a fullback , half and hooker and hopefully they come. But we still need other players as well because we get outplayed all over the park. Our edge defence all year has been horrible

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually think it’s ok.He wouldn’t have cost much and is a decent athlete . 104kg and 190cm so he’s a fair lump .

We lost CHN who was our best backrower . Jacko is gone as an edge forward and Doorey is unproven. That only leaves Stimson who didnt show much . Put it this way - He has played a shitload better than Jackson this year.

Of course we need a fullback , half and hooker and hopefully they come. But we still need other players as well because we get outplayed all over the park. Our edge defence all year has been horrible
I think he could go ok, we have had that traditional body shape of back rowers in the past, so good to have someone with someone decent height...

Maybe my expectations have fallen in line with current admin also - lol

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For those losing needlessly losing their minds - we have a 30 man squad to fill, so not every recruit is gonna be a rep star.

In any case, this is a more than sound signing. Waddell is adept either through the middle or on an edge, and is aggressive in defence. Will provide a bit of extra grunt next year and comes cheap.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I feel like in 2019 he was solid and has fallen off a bit since. Nice squad depth signing. Him and Britt can Dutch-Rudder each other waiting to come in as injury replacements.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
How could I forget Britt!!

Britt Stimson Jackson Elliott and Waddell!!! Extend tolman next! What a pack!!!

Such an astute signing from our powerhouse!!! The cheer squad will he vocal!

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Waddel Jackson Stimson and Elliott!!! Hand us the spoon back to back babyyyy. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lynne extends Tolman before she’s kicked out.
I wouldn't be too upset if we kept Tolman provided Napa was shown the door. Of course the problem is, Napa is under contract and no club would be stupid enough to buy him so we could gain some salary cap space.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
My gripe isn't with him spsxifically. Just that we are stocked in depth rowers and need a prop and half.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The more of these types of players we sign the less available in the cap next year for someone decent. People can say he's on small money but we have alot of players supposedly taking up small money. Unless we can get rid of some of those players like Britt, Stimson etc. And why another 3 year deal, it's not like he'd be in demand.

Are we going to sign any backs even as back up players (not that most of the ones we have are any good).

Who is available next year to play 9, I'm guessing we're starting with JMK as hooker again.

It's really looking pretty dark again for next year.