Do bosses only like people they are smarter than?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In most workplaces the boss has their favourites.. but have you ever noticed the boss always likes people that are never a threat to be taking their position?

It's always a good worker no doubt but someone who will never jump ahead of them, people that are plotters with little or no ambitions. Anyone who is intelligent, the boss always plays their cards close to their chest and trys to create a gap .

Who has noticed this? It applies to any workplace and especially in a large listed company. I know of a boss who would purge his whole management team every 2-3 years so they were always relatively new and he knows more about the place than them, all the past sins buried. It seems people who are long term employees are in more entry level positions are kept around because they are plotters with little or no ambitions (they might be good at their jobs too) ..

True or false? Are you a long term plotter relatively liked, or are you an intelligent ambitious person jostling with your boss. Or are you the boss keeping the intelligent people suppressed whilst taking a liking to the no ambition long term plotters.

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So your boss won't promote you and your co-workers hate you because of your ambitiousness, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with your big screen TV, perfect lawn and Swiss watch wearing mentality

Love it blue balls

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been on the ambitious and non-ambitious side before, and for the most part can attest to this. In my current role I have to pull it back and play it safe, which I've found does get me on the right side of my Manager and as a result life is easier.

I've also had amazing Managers that are true leaders and legit just want the best out of you.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Been on the ambitious and non-ambitious side before, and for the most part can attest to this. In my current role I have to pull it back and play it safe, which I've found does get me on the right side of my Manager and as a result life is easier.

I've also had amazing Managers that are true leaders and legit just want the best out of you.
I've worked with amazing Managers too once, and they've loved me... and then there are the rest...

If there's one thing I can attest to, it's being struck with the 'short-blonde' curse. This is something I am definitely luckless with, and something that I have. Now what this is, is a category of 'power women' who have short (no longer than shoulder length) blonde (or fair) hair in a position of power that I report to. In fact, I can count a total off 12 of these women who I have reported to over the last 7 years... and in some cases I was reporting to 2 of them at the same time. I mean less than half of them were ok... the others though... so here goes...

While I have been reporting to them since 2013, and they've given me my share of grief since then, the worst 2 by far are the one(s) I reported to from 2015-16 and also last year, 2019. I really really really don't like talking about people, but it's good to get these things off your cheSt.

So in 2015, I started working for J (short blonde). J was an Executive Director. Now, people think that corruption exists in Government. They think this... but I KNOW for a fact that is does exist and it's bad as I've been on the receiving end of power trippers time and time again. When I started working for J, a former nurse, I thought she was easily the most professional executive level Public Servant I had ever come across. At the time, a Director who reported to J (who I also had to report to) was M. M was also a short blonde... and a pom... but she was a single mother, and the father of her child lived interstate, meaning she would often be under stress and so there would be constant commuting between her and her daughter between states. This is understandably very stressful, however for a Director earning $200,000+ per year, her behavior was something I couldn't stand, She was demanding and short-tempered, and would blame me for things that were out of my control. For instance, the teleconference system we have didn't work once. She blamed me (and let me have it). My job is to report and arrange these things to be fixed, not take the blame for a technical error. After that hiding, I went to J and told her. J was someone who I was comfortable talking to about shit I would cop, and she would generally pull M into line. Now after that incident M toned it down a lot and would never dare speak to me like that anymore. J also gave me praising reviews at performance review meetings.

Throughout 2015 and 2016, J would constantly have meetings with other departments counter-parts - basically ED's in the other departments. Constantly meeting every few weeks not to mention regular emails would mean that she would grow to become friends with these other people - which is natural as you can almost classify them as colleagues - I'll refer to this again. Now in June 2016, M announced that she was leaving and going to a separate department, getting a promotion to Executive Director. When it was announced in a team meeting, I acted shocked and sad... when inside I was throwing a party, so glad she was going to be gone. So for the final 6 weeks from then that M was with us since that announcement, I kept my distance from her. There were still some things I needed to do for her, but mainly I wouldn't engage with her because I just wanted her to be gone. On the Friday she was leaving, we threw her a celebration/going away party and there were good vibes all round. Then Monday morning I came into work nice and cheerful... happy... then (I knew it was too good to be true) it was almost synced to tag-team perfection. M leaves, and now J out of nowhere started giving me a hard time... over things that were not in my control, like changing a temporary employee to permanent. What happened is N (another short blonde... although one I didn't report to) was on secondment to us from one of those agencies that J had regular meeting with. It turns out J worked with N in the past. As our entire team was temporary, I wasn't sure how we could change her status to permanent. One of the Group Managers said positions are always coming up and it could easily be done as by the time our project finishes, something will be there for her. There was more to it though. I found out that J wanted her to become permanent because the department she was on secondment from was going to be shutdown. So... J who was a squeaky clean public servant suddenly had done something unethical (strike 1). I didn't say anything, but now I knew there was more to her than meets the eye. This comes AFTER hiring a guy on a temporary contract who was studying at uni to become a doctor. She hired him during his Summer holidays so he can earn some money. Now temporary or permanent employees NEED to go through a recruitment process. She didn't do that with him. That was strike 2 for her. Now from that Monday morning in July right until early September, J would constantly rip into me - and I had no one to go to. I could have tried her boss, but that would've looked very bad... and it's an unwritten rule to never go that far.

Anyway in September, J put me on a PIP (as stupid as that sounds, it stands for Performance Improvement Plan) and the idea was that I had 6 weeks to improve my performance, or my temporary employment, which was due to end in January (or should I say... extended in January), would be terminated in October. I had a set of tasks I needed to do. I thought to myself "if she thinks I'm not proactive enough, I'll show her" - and I did. Every single email I sent out I CC'd her in so she knew I was doing work. I mean... common sense says you don't do this, but considering she thought I wasn't proactive and was fighting for my job, I had nothing to lose. In early October we had another meeting, and she said while my performance has shown improvement, they wouldn't terminate my employment in October, but at the same time they won't renew it in January. I said to her the only thing that's changed is I'm cc'ing you in on everything. What you see now is what I've always been doing. Basically, she made the message clear that I wasn't going to be renewed even though I was right. That was strike 3 for her. I started looking for jobs in a hurry. Looking for a job in October isn't exactly easy, as most companies round up recruitment for the year around that same. I really didn't care though. I had 2 interviews and also a few meetings with recruitment companies. They were good but didn't work out for me. Then in November, an EOI was sent across the department. Basically, it was a position that was the same as mine except in a different division. Who did this position report to? You got it... 2 job-sharing short blondes. *Face Palm* - and although they were demanding, they were fair. Nothing bad to say about them. They were Directors, but the Executive Director, B was an awesome guy as well who I got along with. Anyway that got me through the 2016 shutdown period and employment running into 2017 - which is what I needed.

Now the team I worked with was great, and it was in the same building... just 26 floors higher - lol yes, so now I had access to lots of natural light and dizzying views. Now being the Government, I applied for an EOI and was technically a temporary employee, and they had a displaced employee list, meaning they needed to take care of their permanent employees. I left, but I left that team on good terms knowing it wasn't in their control. I finished there on a Wednesday, and started my next role the very next day - Thursday - and there we have it - another short blonde was my manager. *Face Palm* H - and so was her Director who was also another one of my managers *Double Face Palm*. She was ok though, a nice person. She had her moments but she was all round a nice person who I still respect. And her deputy, the Director, is by far one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. To this day, both of them are still my job referees. Anyway while I was working there I found out what happened in my previous team. Remember how I said that J was meeting with other departments and they were closing down? Well fuck me Freddy... one of those women who J was good friends with had applied for a job in a completely different department and landed it, meaning she was safe from being unemployed. However she asked J for a favor... if she had something (a vacant position) for her lovely assistant. Now her assistant, C, is someone who I spoke to a lot as J relied on me to speak to her to get these meetings organised. I wasn't an EA, but this is something that I did anyway. It seems that before the agency that C worked for closed their doors, they got rid of me not because I wasn't performing well, but to make way for C. Strike 4 for J.

J got a promotion in another Department now, and was ranked even higher. Now as I came over to my role which I was in last year, we had access to their org chart as we're on the same IT network. I found out that...

J hired MM (not M the lady) to work with her. MM was with us in our team when we reported to J. No doubt he was good, but J would've been on the recruitment panel meaning her selection was clouded and biased when hiring MM - strike 5.

She then organised N and C to come over (2 more strikes) and took on another staff member from the department that closed to be her own EA - another favor for a friend who had also moved on. That's 8 strikes for someone who I thought was clean as a whistle... boy was I wrong. And that's just the stuff I know about. Goodness knows what other corrupt stuff she's done. These are the people who are high up in the public service. The power gets to their head.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To summarise above, you worked for Satan.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I worked in a multi national not so long ago, worked for a lady who was in her early 50s, she had a dreadful marriage and no kids..

I worked with a mate and we were pretty senior ourselves but reported Into her in Australia. This place was a multi national with parent company starting their day at our 5pm.

She has a shit if a life and would be at work everyday until after midnight. Come in at about 9.15am.

After a while she always calls meetings at 5-6pm, they go for an hour or two the. She needs something quickly done for overseas and most nights the team was at work to 9-10pm. Every day there was a reason to keep everyone back. She would everyday at about 6pm ask what everyone wants for dinner and she would order it in. You knew it was another late one.

She had the nerve to call in my mate and I suggesting we were not committed to the job as there were times at 11pm we were nowhere to be seen. On my first week on a Friday night I left the office at 2am missing a friend's birthday

My mate puts in for annual leave 18 months in advance which was denied based on a busy time of year. It was always busy. After I resigned to take up a better job, they quickly approved his leave as they thought he would leave also.. after his annual leave they never let him forget he wasn't around at a busy time. Smashed him in his review saying overseas marked his card when he took leave

I too was never let to forget about my annual leave, at the Interview stage I told them in 6 months I had a holiday booked which they agreed. When it came time for the holiday (Las Vegas) they tried everything to make me cancel it .. when I returned I was never let forget.

You could never book anything with friends at 7pm-8pm as you were ready to pack your things at 6pm and she calls an urgent meeting, 5 days out of 5. On the rare occassion you would sneak out at 6.30pm but very rare and only if she was in a meeting

This lady would absolutely throw who ever wasn't in the room under the bus with overseas. They f this up or that, they are not committed, you can't trust their work.

One time another man had his wife turn up at work at 11pm to see if he was there, she didn't believe he was always working back in the office. He is still there too, poor bastard is smart but interviews very poorly so he will be her slave forever.

The reality is both myself and my mate were better than her but we have a life and family and cannot be there to 10pm or later each night starting at 9am. The difference was she couldn't bullshit us, we saw though it. Lucky if we had 15 mins for lunch too.

Overseas saw her as a god and we were never going to progress due to our having to balance work with a life. Granted noone in that place did the work she did but it was ridiculous. Most of the work was a waste of time as overseas kept changing the goal post in you so it always needed reworking or would be obsolete on new data just available.

At my exit interview I absolutely pasted her and she was demoted and moved to another team. I told her manager she was the reason of the high staff turnover. She cannot say no to overseas and burns everyone here. I heard two to three months later they moved her back in the role, back to her old tricks.

We are both out from there now but other people are still copping it from her. Those that are not good enough to find another job, the plotters or just some people might also be smart but are ugly or don't interview well. My friend and I were the total package.. we were those bastard guys that would get up her nose because we did what we wanted but we're good at our work so she had to tolerate it.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I chopped one of my bosses fingers off, then a year later shot him with a framing gun nail went in from knuckle into hand bone .I also got him electrocuted once and laughed i call him a **** on an daily basis ,have no idea what this threads about but hey

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've worked with amazing Managers too once, and they've loved me... and then there are the rest...

If there's one thing I can attest to, it's being struck with the 'short-blonde' curse. This is something I am definitely luckless with, and something that I have. Now what this is, is a category of 'power women' who have short (no longer than shoulder length) blonde (or fair) hair in a position of power that I report to. In fact, I can count a total off 12 of these women who I have reported to over the last 7 years... and in some cases I was reporting to 2 of them at the same time. I mean less than half of them were ok... the others though... so here goes...

While I have been reporting to them since 2013, and they've given me my share of grief since then, the worst 2 by far are the one(s) I reported to from 2015-16 and also last year, 2019. I really really really don't like talking about people, but it's good to get these things off your cheSt.

So in 2015, I started working for J (short blonde). J was an Executive Director. Now, people think that corruption exists in Government. They think this... but I KNOW for a fact that is does exist and it's bad as I've been on the receiving end of power trippers time and time again. When I started working for J, a former nurse, I thought she was easily the most professional executive level Public Servant I had ever come across. At the time, a Director who reported to J (who I also had to report to) was M. M was also a short blonde... and a pom... but she was a single mother, and the father of her child lived interstate, meaning she would often be under stress and so there would be constant commuting between her and her daughter between states. This is understandably very stressful, however for a Director earning $200,000+ per year, her behavior was something I couldn't stand, She was demanding and short-tempered, and would blame me for things that were out of my control. For instance, the teleconference system we have didn't work once. She blamed me (and let me have it). My job is to report and arrange these things to be fixed, not take the blame for a technical error. After that hiding, I went to J and told her. J was someone who I was comfortable talking to about shit I would cop, and she would generally pull M into line. Now after that incident M toned it down a lot and would never dare speak to me like that anymore. J also gave me praising reviews at performance review meetings.

Throughout 2015 and 2016, J would constantly have meetings with other departments counter-parts - basically ED's in the other departments. Constantly meeting every few weeks not to mention regular emails would mean that she would grow to become friends with these other people - which is natural as you can almost classify them as colleagues - I'll refer to this again. Now in June 2016, M announced that she was leaving and going to a separate department, getting a promotion to Executive Director. When it was announced in a team meeting, I acted shocked and sad... when inside I was throwing a party, so glad she was going to be gone. So for the final 6 weeks from then that M was with us since that announcement, I kept my distance from her. There were still some things I needed to do for her, but mainly I wouldn't engage with her because I just wanted her to be gone. On the Friday she was leaving, we threw her a celebration/going away party and there were good vibes all round. Then Monday morning I came into work nice and cheerful... happy... then (I knew it was too good to be true) it was almost synced to tag-team perfection. M leaves, and now J out of nowhere started giving me a hard time... over things that were not in my control, like changing a temporary employee to permanent. What happened is N (another short blonde... although one I didn't report to) was on secondment to us from one of those agencies that J had regular meeting with. It turns out J worked with N in the past. As our entire team was temporary, I wasn't sure how we could change her status to permanent. One of the Group Managers said positions are always coming up and it could easily be done as by the time our project finishes, something will be there for her. There was more to it though. I found out that J wanted her to become permanent because the department she was on secondment from was going to be shutdown. So... J who was a squeaky clean public servant suddenly had done something unethical (strike 1). I didn't say anything, but now I knew there was more to her than meets the eye. This comes AFTER hiring a guy on a temporary contract who was studying at uni to become a doctor. She hired him during his Summer holidays so he can earn some money. Now temporary or permanent employees NEED to go through a recruitment process. She didn't do that with him. That was strike 2 for her. Now from that Monday morning in July right until early September, J would constantly rip into me - and I had no one to go to. I could have tried her boss, but that would've looked very bad... and it's an unwritten rule to never go that far.

Anyway in September, J put me on a PIP (as stupid as that sounds, it stands for Performance Improvement Plan) and the idea was that I had 6 weeks to improve my performance, or my temporary employment, which was due to end in January (or should I say... extended in January), would be terminated in October. I had a set of tasks I needed to do. I thought to myself "if she thinks I'm not proactive enough, I'll show her" - and I did. Every single email I sent out I CC'd her in so she knew I was doing work. I mean... common sense says you don't do this, but considering she thought I wasn't proactive and was fighting for my job, I had nothing to lose. In early October we had another meeting, and she said while my performance has shown improvement, they wouldn't terminate my employment in October, but at the same time they won't renew it in January. I said to her the only thing that's changed is I'm cc'ing you in on everything. What you see now is what I've always been doing. Basically, she made the message clear that I wasn't going to be renewed even though I was right. That was strike 3 for her. I started looking for jobs in a hurry. Looking for a job in October isn't exactly easy, as most companies round up recruitment for the year around that same. I really didn't care though. I had 2 interviews and also a few meetings with recruitment companies. They were good but didn't work out for me. Then in November, an EOI was sent across the department. Basically, it was a position that was the same as mine except in a different division. Who did this position report to? You got it... 2 job-sharing short blondes. *Face Palm* - and although they were demanding, they were fair. Nothing bad to say about them. They were Directors, but the Executive Director, B was an awesome guy as well who I got along with. Anyway that got me through the 2016 shutdown period and employment running into 2017 - which is what I needed.

Now the team I worked with was great, and it was in the same building... just 26 floors higher - lol yes, so now I had access to lots of natural light and dizzying views. Now being the Government, I applied for an EOI and was technically a temporary employee, and they had a displaced employee list, meaning they needed to take care of their permanent employees. I left, but I left that team on good terms knowing it wasn't in their control. I finished there on a Wednesday, and started my next role the very next day - Thursday - and there we have it - another short blonde was my manager. *Face Palm* H - and so was her Director who was also another one of my managers *Double Face Palm*. She was ok though, a nice person. She had her moments but she was all round a nice person who I still respect. And her deputy, the Director, is by far one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. To this day, both of them are still my job referees. Anyway while I was working there I found out what happened in my previous team. Remember how I said that J was meeting with other departments and they were closing down? Well fuck me Freddy... one of those women who J was good friends with had applied for a job in a completely different department and landed it, meaning she was safe from being unemployed. However she asked J for a favor... if she had something (a vacant position) for her lovely assistant. Now her assistant, C, is someone who I spoke to a lot as J relied on me to speak to her to get these meetings organised. I wasn't an EA, but this is something that I did anyway. It seems that before the agency that C worked for closed their doors, they got rid of me not because I wasn't performing well, but to make way for C. Strike 4 for J.

J got a promotion in another Department now, and was ranked even higher. Now as I came over to my role which I was in last year, we had access to their org chart as we're on the same IT network. I found out that...

J hired MM (not M the lady) to work with her. MM was with us in our team when we reported to J. No doubt he was good, but J would've been on the recruitment panel meaning her selection was clouded and biased when hiring MM - strike 5.

She then organised N and C to come over (2 more strikes) and took on another staff member from the department that closed to be her own EA - another favor for a friend who had also moved on. That's 8 strikes for someone who I thought was clean as a whistle... boy was I wrong. And that's just the stuff I know about. Goodness knows what other corrupt stuff she's done. These are the people who are high up in the public service. The power gets to their head.
wow
how many girls in the lift were u scared of taking to though?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I chopped one of my bosses fingers off, then a year later shot him with a framing gun nail went in from knuckle into hand bone .I also got him electrocuted once and laughed i call him a c*** on an daily basis ,have no idea what this threads about but hey
So what you are saying is you're a menace to be around on the work site :tearsofjoy:

I usually just get on the piss with my boss, it's mostly his shout too.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what you are saying is you're a menace to be around on the work site :tearsofjoy:

I usually just get on the piss with my boss, it's mostly his shout too.
Nah I'm pretty safe I don't get hurt that much lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
nasheed here,
i have literally never seen this in real life.

Bosses usually like switched on employees who are self motivated so that they dont need to be motivated, micro managed and do well.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha.. Only when you fall from the scaffold aye Southey :laughing:
I once jumped of some scaf barefoot landed on a clout that fucking hurt had to pull the **** out with a hammer I did not enjoy, I lowered some scaffolding today I laughing thinking of you ,

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Look up narcissist, narcissistic personality disorder and sociopath.

There you have it.
Btw yes bosses do not value people who are more intelligent.
They use their NPD to belittle any they identify with half a brain.

Very rare to find empathetic leaders!
But most empaths lead themselves anyway.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I worked in a multi national not so long ago, worked for a lady who was in her early 50s, she had a dreadful marriage and no kids..

I worked with a mate and we were pretty senior ourselves but reported Into her in Australia. This place was a multi national with parent company starting their day at our 5pm.

She has a shit if a life and would be at work everyday until after midnight. Come in at about 9.15am.

After a while she always calls meetings at 5-6pm, they go for an hour or two the. She needs something quickly done for overseas and most nights the team was at work to 9-10pm. Every day there was a reason to keep everyone back. She would everyday at about 6pm ask what everyone wants for dinner and she would order it in. You knew it was another late one.

She had the nerve to call in my mate and I suggesting we were not committed to the job as there were times at 11pm we were nowhere to be seen. On my first week on a Friday night I left the office at 2am missing a friend's birthday

My mate puts in for annual leave 18 months in advance which was denied based on a busy time of year. It was always busy. After I resigned to take up a better job, they quickly approved his leave as they thought he would leave also.. after his annual leave they never let him forget he wasn't around at a busy time. Smashed him in his review saying overseas marked his card when he took leave

I too was never let to forget about my annual leave, at the Interview stage I told them in 6 months I had a holiday booked which they agreed. When it came time for the holiday (Las Vegas) they tried everything to make me cancel it .. when I returned I was never let forget.

You could never book anything with friends at 7pm-8pm as you were ready to pack your things at 6pm and she calls an urgent meeting, 5 days out of 5. On the rare occassion you would sneak out at 6.30pm but very rare and only if she was in a meeting

This lady would absolutely throw who ever wasn't in the room under the bus with overseas. They f this up or that, they are not committed, you can't trust their work.

One time another man had his wife turn up at work at 11pm to see if he was there, she didn't believe he was always working back in the office. He is still there too, poor bastard is smart but interviews very poorly so he will be her slave forever.

The reality is both myself and my mate were better than her but we have a life and family and cannot be there to 10pm or later each night starting at 9am. The difference was she couldn't bullshit us, we saw though it. Lucky if we had 15 mins for lunch too.

Overseas saw her as a god and we were never going to progress due to our having to balance work with a life. Granted noone in that place did the work she did but it was ridiculous. Most of the work was a waste of time as overseas kept changing the goal post in you so it always needed reworking or would be obsolete on new data just available.

At my exit interview I absolutely pasted her and she was demoted and moved to another team. I told her manager she was the reason of the high staff turnover. She cannot say no to overseas and burns everyone here. I heard two to three months later they moved her back in the role, back to her old tricks.

We are both out from there now but other people are still copping it from her. Those that are not good enough to find another job, the plotters or just some people might also be smart but are ugly or don't interview well. My friend and I were the total package.. we were those bastard guys that would get up her nose because we did what we wanted but we're good at our work so she had to tolerate it.
I used to work 12 hours shifts when I was working in a fruit shop while studying. That was physical labor. But it wasn't that bad, 6am start, 6pm finish. What you're describing is boarder-line criminal. You, by law, are entitled to a 45 min lunch break and 15 min morning tea break. At business discretion, you are also entitled to a 10 min afternoon tea break. And keeping everyone back 4-5 hours everyday at the very last minute is grounds for legal action.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you're describing is boarder-line criminal. You, by law, are entitled to a 45 min lunch break and 15 min morning tea break. At business discretion, you are also entitled to a 10 min afternoon tea break. And keeping everyone back 4-5 hours everyday at the very last minute is grounds for legal action.
I understand all this.. but good luck prosecuting it. I was 3 weeks Into the job and thought to myself, ok I'm still learning, this will ease up as I learn the role and become more efficient... But at 10pm I look around every night and most of the team is still there.. im thinking geez either they never learn the role or this is a real problem. I decided that I would get out, I was only three weeks in. but it took me a good 9 months to find a new suitable job and resign, that's being a very skilled employable person, others have no chance of leaving... When I resigned almost all the team at one time or another grabbed me in the hallway or kitchen and said "please get me out of here", Ive been looking for a long time but can't find a job.. one lady who was forced to work ridiculous hours developed breast cancer. No proof it was related to the job but the high stress and long hours, she was thrashed, she quit and walked out one night, just got up and walked out, mid meeting never to return.

It's a combination of Satan who was the boss and the mentality of the overseas company. Their belief is that you give everything to the company and they own you, that you are so lucky to have a job, they think Australia is a bunch of lazy people. They would ask one thing, you spend all night getting it done, then the next day they completely change the specs of what they want and you have to start from scratch.. then they would force you to change numbers as they didn't accept them.. then a few weeks later when things didn't happen as they wanted they would hold people to account for it. Even though they kept changing their mind and made you change forecasts

To make it worse, I learnt today that Satan was promoted. Good luck to people who work there. Oh my... The HR department is toothless at that place, people repeatedly complained but they kept saying it's temporary and things would settle down . But it never did.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
I understand all this.. but good luck prosecuting it. I was 3 weeks Into the job and thought to myself, ok I'm still learning, this will ease up as I learn the role and become more efficient... But at 10pm I look around every night and most of the team is still there.. im thinking geez either they never learn the role or this is a real problem. I decided that I would get out, I was only three weeks in. but it took me a good 9 months to find a new suitable job and resign, that's being a very skilled employable person, others have no chance of leaving... When I resigned almost all the team at one time or another grabbed me in the hallway or kitchen and said "please get me out of here", Ive been looking for a long time but can't find a job.. one lady who was forced to work ridiculous hours developed breast cancer. No proof it was related to the job but the high stress and long hours, she was thrashed, she quit and walked out one night, just got up and walked out, mid meeting never to return.

It's a combination of Satan who was the boss and the mentality of the overseas company. Their belief is that you give everything to the company and they own you, that you are so lucky to have a job, they think Australia is a bunch of lazy people. They would ask one thing, you spend all night getting it done, then the next day they completely change the specs of what they want and you have to start from scratch.. then they would force you to change numbers as they didn't accept them.. then a few weeks later when things didn't happen as they wanted they would hold people to account for it. Even though they kept changing their mind and made you change forecasts

To make it worse, I learnt today that Satan was promoted. Good luck to people who work there. Oh my... The HR department is toothless at that place, people repeatedly complained but they kept saying it's temporary and things would settle down . But it never did.
That's why I work in Government. If you ever do excess hours, they'll either have to pay you in overtime (if it's agreed) or time in lieu, such as take a flex day sometime the following week etc...

Anyway my most recent manager was by far the worst I've ever had. She had no communication skills whatsoever. She was a good worker, a good operator, and I wouldn't challenge that, but she is not manager material. She cannot speak to staff in an effect way. She uses scare tactics which is not legal. She even threatened me one time with my job saying that it'll have very bad financial consequences for me. That was the first (and only) time in my career I was contemplating quitting a job. I spoke to a 2 former managers about this and asked them if there was a possibility to go back working for them knowing that they were moving to Parramatta (which would've been a nightmare commute for me), but that's something I was willing to do to get away from my the current manager. They told me to put up with it for a bit longer an if push comes to shove, we'll address it then.

Well... I put up with it for a bit longer, and they were eventually going to push me. I fought back... and won (which I didn't expect). Now I'm in a new role, not reporting to that manager, and thank my lucky stars and God that I spoke to my 2 former managers and fought back.