Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why isn't katoa in the side?

Played well in the trial, doesn't appear to be injured and seems like a pretty easy selection either starting or off the bench

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Played well in the trial, doesn't appear to be injured and seems like a pretty easy selection either starting or off the bench
I’d rather Averillo on the bench. He’s more versatile too

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d rather Averillo on the bench. He’s more versatile too
I’d rather Averillo in the halves. I think he’ll handle nrl fine, unfortunately he’ll be used out of position.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Katoa shit and we need Averillo at the very least off the bench

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just had my first decent look at the line-ups... Fcuk we are going to get pumped!!

Apart from the bench we lose every match -up and I guarantee Pay doesn't utilise the bench.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d rather Averillo in the halves. I think he’ll handle nrl fine, unfortunately he’ll be used out of position.
I’m happy to ease him into first grade for a bit. He’ll get his shot as a starter soon

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He could but I prefer JMK
I wouldn’t mind seeing just to see if he could provide a point of difference as I think Katoa has more in attack. I don’t really care who the hooker is as I don’t think JMK or Katoa are long term solutions but it is vital to keep getting game time into Averillo.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why on earth isn't Brandon wakeham starting ,especially with the new format

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simply if Wakeham didnt have that breakout game for Fiji against Lebanon and PNG we wouldnt be in this situation where we are deciding between 4 halves (Lewis,Foran,Cogger,Wakeham).
He has got the attention of other coaches and teams so we need to make room for him. We could do a Thurston and bring him off the bench for some game time and experience or let him bide his time in canterbury cup.
Since there will be no canterbury cup its in our best interests to fit him in the side even if its off the bench.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Simply if Wakeham didnt have that breakout game for Fiji against Lebanon and PNG we wouldnt be in this situation where we are deciding between 4 halves (Lewis,Foran,Cogger,Wakeham).
He has got the attention of other coaches and teams so we need to make room for him. We could do a Thurston and bring him off the bench for some game time and experience or let him bide his time in canterbury cup.
Since there will be no canterbury cup its in our best interests to fit him in the side even if its off the bench.
Wakeham should 100% be starting halfback, really think it's as simple as that. It's so frustrating that we continue to go absolutely nowhere and are pretty much in the exact same situation with Lewis and Cogger our halves again. Btw I'm not upset that Cogger is getting another run, he started to find a bit of form last season and was then wrongfully dropped before seeing if he could build on it....Lewis on the other hand should be no where near the side, couldn't care less if he scored the match winner at this point, he has no where near the required skill level and his development has been absolutely non existent despite continually getting favourable treatment.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wakeham should 100% be starting halfback, really think it's as simple as that. It's so frustrating that we continue to go absolutely nowhere and are pretty much in the exact same situation with Lewis and Cogger our halves again. Btw I'm not upset that Cogger is getting another run, he started to find a bit of form last season and was then wrongfully dropped before seeing if he could build on it....Lewis on the other hand should be no where near the side, couldn't care less if he scored the match winner at this point, he has no where near the required skill level and his development has been absolutely non existent despite continually getting favourable treatment.
I now no why the lower level coaching staff are getting annoyed with pays selections...FMD

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In all seriousness, Tolman does a ton of the dirty walk in the middle for us, he's a big loss.
Upside is that Lewis now has the option to bomb to the wing on tackle 4 or tackle 5.
Tolman OUT. Slow play the balls and doesn't bend the line.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let’s hope Averillo plays a bigger role then a injury replacement in the backline or coming on after the game is gone if the halves shit the bed. The role Papsmear played off the bench at Storm when he came into first grade would be suit Averillo perfectly.