Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Check this out...

• Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson were in quarantine in a Gold Coast hospital after contracting Corona Virus
  • A boy named 'Corona' (Spanish & Latin for Crown) happens to live on the Gold Coast
  • He wrote to them about the disease while they were in quarantine and asked if they were ok and the he was bullied at school because of his name
  • Tom Hanks wrote back to him... on a Corona Type-writter
https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertain...orona/ar-BB1358Yx?li=AAgfLCP&ocid=mailsignout

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m worried that once Coronavirus is over, people in Bali will be a bit more desperate and it will become more dangerous to travel there
Bali has already got 1 foot in the grave and not even at the start of it ,they got another 12 to 18 months with no tourism. The Australia gov will not permit any travel there for a long time. I think it hasn't really hit us yet how different travel is going to be and when the world will open up

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It looks like a potential reason for some areas getting hit worse than others is that the virus is mutating a lot more than we thought it was.

A team have tracked 30 different strains with different levels of infection.

It's important to note that while the strains are different, they're only slightly different. While it can lead to the virus being more infective or deadlier in certain cases, it's still similar enough that the virus can still be taken care of by the same vaccine.

The vaccines in development work in a way that will likely stop almost any Coronavirus.

That said, this could slow down vaccine development as we won't know how effective the vaccines are if we're testing them against different strains.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bali has already got 1 foot in the grave and not even at the start of it ,they got another 12 to 18 months with no tourism. The Australia gov will not permit any travel there for a long time. I think it hasn't really hit us yet how different travel is going to be and when the world will open up
I never got the appeal of Bali, i know it's meant to be cheap to go there but still.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I never got the appeal of Bali, i know it's meant to be cheap to go there but still.
Depends what you like. If you want a holiday where you can chill in a private villa with a pool and go out and eat nice food and overall it’s pretty cheap then Bali is the best. But there’s also the derro part (Kuta) if you are into that.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It looks like a potential reason for some areas getting hit worse than others is that the virus is mutating a lot more than we thought it was..
I'm also wondering if temperature and humidity play a big part?

New York, Milan, Wuhan, Madrid - all of these worst affected areas were deep in the winter when all this started. Temperatures well below 10 degrees and very dry air.

All of the top 10 countries by infections and deaths are those with colder climates when this started.

Not saying that it's a direct relationship but the virus seems less prevalent in warmer climates.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm also wondering if temperature and humidity play a big part?

New York, Milan, Wuhan, Madrid - all of these worst affected areas were deep in the winter when all this started. Temperatures well below 10 degrees and very dry air.

All of the top 10 countries by infections and deaths are those with colder climates when this started.

Not saying that it's a direct relationship but the virus seems less prevalent in warmer climates.
It's highly possible. The flu spreads so well in winter as people are closer together. If this virus is as infectious as it seems then it makes sense that colder months with people closer together would lead to more infections. Then there's the effect of other seasonal diseases causing problems. Then there's the fact that the more a virus spreads, the more likely it is to mutate.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an antibody test available in Australia i.e. a test that tells you if you've already had the virus?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol, isn't nice of the TV stations to play those old chestnuts like CONTAGION right in the middle of the coronavirus rampage. To be honest I didn't really notice anything different to the media news reports played before and after the movie. On a serious note a pretty good parallel to what is happening now with hand sanitiser being popular choice of the shoppers in the movie and the way in which human society is currently acting..... nothing spreads like fear......

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598778/

Storyline
Soon after her return from a business trip to Hong Kong, Beth Emhoff dies from what is a flu or some other type of infection. Her young son dies later the same day. Her husband Mitch however seems immune. Thus begins the spread of a deadly infection. For doctors and administrators at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, several days pass before anyone realizes the extent or gravity of this new infection. They must first identify the type of virus in question and then find a means of combating it, a process that will likely take several months. As the contagion spreads to millions of people worldwide, societal order begins to break down as people panic. Written by garykmcd

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Never been never will, if I go overseas I prefer not to see a bunch of pissed Aussies
So just don’t stay in Kuta and avoid them..... stay in Ubud up in the mountains or somewhere. People who say Bali is just a dump full off pissed tourists have either never been, or they stayed in Kuta. Bali is a beautiful place with friendly people and a fascinating culture. They are doing it tough and starvation has already become a serious threat over there. A woman in her 40s dies of starvation this week. I think every Aussie who can should go there once a vaccine is available / international travel is permitted again. It’s a chance to have a great time, while helping a struggling country get back on its feet. Win win.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So just don’t stay in Kuta and avoid them..... stay in Ubud up in the mountains or somewhere. People who say Bali is just a dump full off pissed tourists have either never been, or they stayed in Kuta. Bali is a beautiful place with friendly people and a fascinating culture. They are doing it tough and starvation has already become a serious threat over there. A woman in her 40s dies of starvation this week. I think every Aussie who can should go there once a vaccine is available / international travel is permitted again. It’s a chance to have a great time, while helping a struggling country get back on its feet. Win win.
So true man. Heaps of people I talk to about bali and say that it’s full of drunk aussies and it’s shothouse, half of them haven’t even been lol. As long as you stay in Seminyak at least then you should be alright. And get a villa. I like Canggu and Seminyak. Good balance with nightlife and relaxation. And it’s not even 6 hrs away on a plane

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's well past time to call this lock down hoax out for what it is. The farce-down aka lock down will be proven to be a total waste of time.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who's to blame here, the idiots for going to the beaches of the councils for opening them up again to begin with?

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/sydn...t-26c/ar-BB137AAv?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout
Good question. You give some people an inch and they will take a mile and once again some have abused the chance given.

It was clearly stated that beaches were not a place to socialize nor spend excess time there...go have you quick swims or laps, your beach run paying heed to social distancing and then home again.

Status
Not open for further replies.