News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I think so too. I can 100% guarantee that future sponser will think so too.

It seems silly but if they had met in a bar and the girls were all dressed up looking like mature woman then I wouldn't have a problem(not that I have a problem really anyway)

ButiL if they met at SCHOOL then it looks creepy. The guys would have had to ask them shit like "how old are you?" Lol. CREEPY
Yh the meeting them at school part is definitely the major issue.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I think so too. I can 100% guarantee that future sponser will think so too.

It seems silly but if they had met in a bar and the girls were all dressed up looking like mature woman then I wouldn't have a problem(not that I have a problem really anyway)

ButiL if they met at SCHOOL then it looks creepy. The guys would have had to ask them shit like "how old are you?" Lol. CREEPY
Haha. Yeah any time as an adult male you have to ask a young woman that question, you know you're in trouble already.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure legal age is 18. Unless the age gap is no greater than two years. So a 17 yr girl with 19 yr guy or 16 yr girl with 18 yr guy. That’s always been my understanding. Could be wrong
They were 18

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The way I thought is they probz been to the school. Had the girls stalk them down off Facebook or Instagram or something and gone from there.

Not great.

Though if they seriously chatted them up at schools then fucking dickheads deserve to be sacked.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
unless the players gave the girls their number (which is even worse), then they must have sent the 1st texts cause the girls didnt have their number......
Either option is speculation, maybe they said "we'll be at such and such place tonight", or maybe they bumped into them one evening coincidentally (unlikely but possible). No way of knowing without an official report, which we are unlikely to ever see.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this has set the club back so far again both and and definitely off the field.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just go bash cops, and bash and terrorise family’s and bash women
Coz your allowed to play if you do that..........

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh the meeting them at school part is definitely the major issue.
What if they were teachers aid or staff people are making the assumption they are school girls. It looks like the main issue is they broke team protocols.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah 18s alright but we don't know. Could have been 17.

Plus they're grown men going to school to pick up girls, still seems off to me. Sure if they met outside of school, but at school? Seems off in my book.
True, most year 12’s would turn 18 later than February from memory

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL 2020: Canterbury Bulldogs Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor suspended
Bulldogs players Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor have been provisionally suspended and will miss the Round 1 clash against the Eels following shock claims.

The NRL has been rocked by yet another sex scandal on the eve of the code’s season opener with two Canterbury players sensationally stood down amid claims they had sex with two schoolgirls.

Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor were due to be named in the Bulldogs side to play the Eels at Bankwest Stadium on Thursday night but will not play.

The incidents allegedly took place at the team hotel during the club’s visit to Port Macquarie for a trial game last month. It is understood the two females are above the age of consent and the sex was consensual. There is no criminal investigation into the matter.

Corey Harawira-Naera has been issued a show cause notice by the NRL Picture: Alix Sweeney

But Canterbury officials have ruled the two players breached the club’s and the NRL’s code of conduct.

The scandal is a horrible blow to the NRL ahead a massive season kick-off between the fierce western Sydney rivals at what is expected to be a sold out Bankwest Stadium.

The NRL is furious the claims have tarnished the season’s opening blockbuster.

Harawira-Naera and Okunbor have been issued show cause notices by the NRL and could face further disciplinary action.

Jayden Okunbor will also miss the match against the Eels. Picture: Chris Hyde/Getty Images

The Daily Telegraph has been told the two players met the students during a school visit to promote the club’s trial match against Canberra.

Sources claim the alleged sexual encounters were revealed after the women spoke of the incident on a group app.

The parents of both teenagers were told of the claims.

Most NRL clubs forbid women from visiting team hotels on away trips.

The Port Macquarie school where the girls attend has also been made aware.

The incidents could not have come at a worse time for the Bulldogs, who were closing in on securing a major jersey sponsor for 2020.

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is expected to hold a press conference this morning to discuss the behaviour of his two players. In the club’s statement, CEO Andrew Hill said: “While neither player is the subject of a criminal investigation, the club is treating the matter very seriously. The allegations are that each player engaged in behaviour that represents a serious breach of the NRL rules and the Bulldogs’ code of conduct.’’

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/7aa1b76b040793a4f439b070ff2b945a

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True, most year 12’s would turn 18 later than February from memory
Other posters are saying they are 18.

As long as the guys didn't initiate anything AT SCHOOL then I guess it isn't that bad.

Just seems off to me, not something I would do lol.

A

Alexander the Great

Bullfrogs Brown papers bags would have come in handy to make this go away if he was still around......

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bullfrogs Brown papers bags would have come in handy to make this go away if he was still around......
But but but... we have his bloodline running the joint

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Even if they are 18 isn’t it still weird they are School Girls ahhaha thats like venturing to pedo territory

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Other posters are saying they are 18.

As long as the guys didn't initiate anything AT SCHOOL then I guess it isn't that bad.

Just seems off to me, not something I would do lol.
I think it’s pretty bad and it’s not like they don’t receive enough education on that sort of stuff. They may be mate, I’m just pointing out only a few kids were 18 at the start of year 12 in my school