News Brandon Wakeham will start in the halves for Canterbury in their season opener against Parramatta

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I thought you would like this one mate! But I agree we need to give Wakeham a shot if he’s going to develop. Hopefully RT & Napa lay the platform him to play some footy.
I like it but I'm completely prepared to be letdown lol. Guess we will just wait until Thursday to see how he's utilised...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay could have taken the easy option and selected Cogger but all credit to him for going with Wakeham.
Yeah totally. Well, if this is what he actually does. Its a good choice. We need some flair!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The other good move is it sounds like Britt will grab a bench front row spot which I think he earned through 9s and trial form. Disappointing Stimson sounds like he’s not a certainty. Have high hopes for him this year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So we all just gonna ignore that DWZ is gonna win the Dally M this year?
Some of the niff nuffs here reckon hes not that good lol fmd the guy is a gun single handedly turned us into a winning team at the end of last year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Some of the niff nuffs here reckon hes not that good lol fmd the guy is a gun single handedly turned us into a winning team at the end of last year
Because he isn't that good, offensively he is below average.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best news. and pay needed to do this.!!! Can’t wait.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I like all of this but I would have Cogger/Katoa ahead of holland. Glad to see a more attacking approach and good news if Meaney is right to go
I can't see cogger doing much from the bench. He's not a gamebreaker... He needs to be running on as a half or not all.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely you can’t have Holland and Katoa on the bench against that monster Eels pack.
They may be monsters but they run out of steam after 20 mins,probably the reasoning behind wakehams inclusion,to run at the tiring forwards

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was concerned thinking Katoa was going to start at hooker. Some of his service close to the line in the trials cost us. Holland is probably the closest thing to a Mr fix it we have on our roster. The other option may have been to start with Jmk and if injuries occurred Katoa could go to hooker and Jmk could be used as the fix it player.
Utility is definitely a roster position we should be looking to fill. John Asiata is a player I would like the club to enquire about.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Junior paulo will leave his size 13 boots marked all over Holland’s head!

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was concerned thinking Katoa was going to start at hooker. Some of his service close to the line in the trials cost us. Holland is probably the closest thing to a Mr fix it we have on our roster. The other option may have been to start with Jmk and if injuries occurred Katoa could go to hooker and Jmk could be used as the fix it player.
Utility is definitely a roster position we should be looking to fill. John Asiata is a player I would like the club to enquire about.
Agree John Asiata Could be a handy utility. Off contract next season. Good player, a move to Sydney outside his comfort zone, plenty of upside with him

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love how some blew up when a couple of us gave them disagrees when they said they “just know” Pay will start with Lewis & Cogger. Good call @Big M you pipped me :grinning:

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s clearly just Pay playing it safe. If wakeham goes well he looks like a master coach and if he doesn’t he brings cogger in and nobody will be able to whinge that he didn’t try wakeham. It’s the smart thing to do. But I also hope Wakeham is given enough time to shine and not hooked after one bad game. Especially since our first game we will either win by 2 or get flogged by 50.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I love how some blew up when a couple of us gave them disagrees when they said they “just know” Pay will start with Lewis & Cogger. Good call @Big M you pipped me :grinning:
upload_2020-3-7_19-48-1.jpeg
The prosecution rests...well, until Tuesday :-).

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Holland at bench hooker actually goes ok surprisingly .He is not your usual type but brings an unconventional dynamic .
Good stuff with wakeham .
Britty has looked good in trials as i will be first to say i thought he was average signing but has surprised me .