Opinion Belmore stadium upgrade and proud history

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wasn't oasis in milperra? Basically between Bankstown and Liverpool and on Canterbury Rd? Pretty good positioning I reckon..
It was meant to be where the Whitlam centre is at Liverpool

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't oasis in milperra? Basically between Bankstown and Liverpool and on Canterbury Rd? Pretty good positioning I reckon..
Yep, bang in Liverpool per @Natboy II as I recall. But it's been a while and these days the way my memory is going I could likely organise my own surprise party :-).

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was meant to be where the Whitlam centre is at Liverpool
I thought it was the Bankstown airport site where they ended up building bunnings.. if it was meant to be in Liverpool then thank God that didn't go ahead.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I thought it was the Bankstown airport site where they ended up building bunnings.. if it was meant to be in Liverpool then thank God that didn't go ahead.
That would’ve been much better there

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think they made a major error rebuilding Bankwest at the old Parra stadium site it should have been built at Olympic Park. You would still have ANZ for major events and big games then you'd have Bankwest there with great transport links.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: government need to give us some money to refurbish belmore stadium. Rotate the stadium 90 deg and use part of Peter Moore oval , 25-30 thousand seater. acquire properties for better access, build carpark under neath stadium field . Only need $400 mil . Put up statues of bullfrog, turv , baa. Hazam, Scott Wilson. Turn belmore into a fucking fortress. Put your hand In Your pocket NSW liberal government . Let’s go!
You are a freaking brain-dead monkey if you think the Government will pump $400,000,000 into Belmore! They've blown out the SFS upgrade by $100,000,000 and that was seen as a major cock-up FFS.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a bad idea Bazil - but can't see it happening given that the NSW Govt is all about BW/SFS/ANZ.
The State Members for Canterbury and Bankstown are not members of the Government (ie; Labor, not Liberal), plus they are not marginal electorates, so until that changes we get nothing.

Go Dogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't doubt that mate - certainly much closer than say Campbelltown. When I think about it with the M5 it's probably less than 30min from Belmore?
Anyways, once a pipe dream... Looks like ANZ is the future, like it or loathe it. The plans for the new ANZ look pretty good...
New ANZ plans look much better but it’s a tough location Homebush. Speaking of Campbelltown the few times I went to watch dogs vs tigers there dogs supporters have out numbered them... you’ll be surprised we are all through the south west.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
New ANZ plans look much better but it’s a tough location Homebush. Speaking of Campbelltown the few times I went to watch dogs vs tigers there dogs supporters have out numbered them... you’ll be surprised we are all through the south west.
It's tough compromise, finding a location everyone is happy with. Probably unlikely. I guess at the end of the day money talks and when ANZ (or whoever the naming rights sponsor is) pays us to play there (as they do today) - compare that to the construction and maintenance cost of your own stadium, or paying huge rents to the Govt to be based there (one of the reasons we moved the administration back to Belmore from Olympic Park a few years back - Belmore is much cheaper). Spiritually and tribally it would be awesome to have our own modern stadium/facilities - I just don't see how it can work commercially - it's a different world nowadays. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Perfect spot but I think the planes would have an issue..
Pat Richards might’ve hit a plane with one of those big bombs he used to do that came down with snow on them.

I hope I’m not on an ASIO watchlist now for being a bulldogs supporter who said “bomb” and “plane” in the same sentence haha

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Don't worry about trying to get the govt to pay for it, I'll just go over to my spare change jar....

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Add to that Liverpool is growing fast, it is being specifically shaped as the 3rd CBD after Sydney and Parra.
I don't know where you got that info from...

3rd CBD is North Sydney.
4th CBD is Macquarie Park (expected to take over North Sydney in the future)

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's tough compromise, finding a location everyone is happy with. Probably unlikely. I guess at the end of the day money talks and when ANZ (or whoever the naming rights sponsor is) pays us to play there (as they do today) - compare that to the construction and maintenance cost of your own stadium, or paying huge rents to the Govt to be based there (one of the reasons we moved the administration back to Belmore from Olympic Park a few years back - Belmore is much cheaper). Spiritually and tribally it would be awesome to have our own modern stadium/facilities - I just don't see how it can work commercially - it's a different world nowadays. I'd love to be proven wrong.
100% I understand why. I suppose us diehards always hold hope of having a suburban ground as our fortress. Either way if the team performs I reckon we’ll pack out any stadium.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap scott wilson for Steve Price!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pat Richards might’ve hit a plane with one of those big bombs he used to do that came down with snow on them.

I hope I’m not on an ASIO watchlist now for being a bulldogs supporter who said “bomb” and “plane” in the same sentence haha
You certainly shouldn't have repeated it...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We should just share Bankwest. I think all western teams should just play out of there, including Penrith and Tigers. The days of one stadium per team is not feasible anymore.

The only other alternative to this would be knocking down ANZ and rebuilding it properly, sadly we are getting some shitty revamp instead of that.

I mean it would be nice for every team to have their own Bankwest style stadium, but that is pretty stupid when you consider how much that would cost.