Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the gym yesterday and there was a fat guy working out with a mask on. Oh my..

Gyms would be a bad place for spreading a virus.. apparently the corona virus can live 24 hours on a piece of metal... How many people in the gym touch it .

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was at the gym yesterday and there was a fat guy working out with a mask on. Oh my..

Gyms would be a bad place for spreading a virus.. apparently the corona virus can live 24 hours on a piece of metal... How many people in the gym touch it .
Depends on the type of metal. It'll stay on porous surfaces potentially for a few days. Metal it's likely to only stay on for an hour, probably less. Still a decent chance of catching it if others are there and have it (which is a very low chance)

Masks are kind of useless to prevent infection too. They do technically work but only if you're constantly washing your hands and never touching your face. The masks generally only protect you if someone sneezes directly onto you, and even then you're likely to still get infected due to the debris hitting your face.

Masks are best for someone who already has the virus, to prevent them from spreading it easily.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Scomo's having none of it:

Scott Morrison Refuses To Accept Coronavirus Handshake Ban
By The Shovel on March 3, 2020

The Prime Minister says he won’t be following the advice of health professionals concerned about the spread of coronavirus, and will forcibly shake whoever’s hand he bloody well feels like.

In a media conference this morning Mr Morrison said that while he was supportive of other actions to stop the virus, we needed to be careful not to totally change our way of life.

“I think we’ve gone too far when we’re saying a man in a position of power can’t grab someone’s hand and pump it up and down several times for the sake of TV cameras,” he said. “As I travel around the country, I will certainly continue to awkwardly force people to shake my hand, as I have always done”.

Some people in Mr Morrison’s electorate were concerned what they might contract if they were to have their hand shaken by the Prime Minister. “I’m worried that by being in contact, I’ll all of a sudden become a tacky used-car salesman, or worse – leader of the Liberal Party,” one resident said.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how much of an effect this virus will have on game crowds?
Could reduce the Rorters average crowds from 5,000 to 1,000.

However the NRL will instruct broadcasters to insert digitally (sounds painful) a bigger crowd.

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could reduce the Rorters average crows fro 5,000 to 1,000.

However the NRL will instruct broadcasters to insert digitally (sounds painful) a bigger crowd.
It might be a club wide directive that one - https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...s/news-story/fc1970b69a1c4923d2d31b37d98ceab5

The nation’s chief health officers will meet today to consider bigger social distancing steps to reduce the coronavirus risk such as cancelling mass sporting events or religious gatherings and school or workplace closures.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to be quoting the Shovel again, but the Coronavirus is providing the satirical papers with so much material...

People Panic-Buying Toilet Paper Are Most Likely To Die From Coronavirus, New Research Confirms
By The Shovel on March 3, 2020

People who think toilet paper is the most important thing to stock up on during a viral outbreak are probably not smart enough to survive it, new research has confirmed.

With supermarkets around the country selling out of toilet paper, health authorities have reminded people that you cannot eat toilet paper or use it to treat viral outbreaks. But experts say that the warning may be too late for some.

“What we found is that people who weirdly think that buying 800 rolls of toilet paper will somehow protect them from a viral pandemic are probably most susceptible to catching the virus,” lead researcher Natasha Innis said. “I’m not convinced they actually know what this is”.

She said there were other items they might like to consider. “Like soap. There’s still plenty available on shelves apparently”.

She said one woman who panic-bought two shopping trolleys worth of toilet paper later died of hunger. “She forgot to buy food unfortunately. But at least in her final moments she was able to wipe herself with 700 linear metres of quality 3 ply”.

Last edited:

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toilet paper and rice were the hot items selling out here a few weeks ago when our 'Disease Outbreak Response System Condition' (DORSCON) level elevated.

>> Why toilet paper? I'm still not convinced it's because folks think that they'll be working from home for weeks ... there's something else happening here; pack mentality, keeping up with the Jones' (FOMO: "everyone else is doing it, so should I") ... COVID19 exerts its pathology in the respiratory system (via immune response) and has minimal digestive tract issues, why the toilet paper?

I must be missing a very simply point!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Toilet paper and rice were the hot items selling out here a few weeks ago when our 'Disease Outbreak Response System Condition' (DORSCON) level elevated.

>> Why toilet paper? I'm still not convinced it's because folks think that they'll be working from home for weeks ... there's something else happening here; pack mentality, keeping up with the Jones' (FOMO: "everyone else is doing it, so should I") ... COVID19 exerts it's pathology in the respiratory system (via immune and has minimal digestive tract issues, why the toilet paper?

Plus, you can always use alternatives to toilet paper - bidets, shower, the bum gun, newspaper (ok, nobody actually reads those anymore).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

>> Why toilet paper? I'm still not convinced it's because folks think that they'll be working from home for weeks ... there's something else happening here; pack mentality, keeping up with the Jones' (FOMO: "everyone else is doing it, so should I") ... COVID19 exerts its pathology in the respiratory system (via immune response) and has minimal digestive tract issues, why the toilet paper?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Plus, you can always use alternatives to toilet paper - bidets, shower, the bum gun, newspaper (ok, nobody actually reads those anymore).
I hear that people wipe their bums with iPads now days.

Status
Not open for further replies.