Never been so disinterested in an upcoming season

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate,all contracts are bullshit at the moment.
All players are available for a better price, they will move.
I'm homesick.....I want to play fullback, wife is having a baby, need to move interstate, etc etc etc...
Back to their negotiation skills are up shit creek.
Ah ok so that’s your answer, entice players to break contracts?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it's ok for us to entice our own players to break their contracts with us, like woods, mybe, Graham etc etc to benefit us...
Ok that's fine right.....
Oh ok so you can’t answer it. It’s easy to knock them without providing solutions

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We could just rush in now and sign players any players that MIGHT fit (right/wrong position and/or right/wrong attitude). But they would be panic buys.

Personally I prefer the measured professional approach, taking our time, looking at who is available or might be available, at the right price and making sure that they fit what we need. Not just for 1 year but for multiple years, because we are the Bulldogs, the mighty mighty Bulldogs.

Go Dogs
It's too late to sign players now as majority of the top talent available for 2021 has been re-signed or moved elsewhere. It'd be silly to do that approach now. The thing is how are we going to spend 95% of our salary cap for 2021? After retaining players we're going to have a couple of millions to spend and the longer we wait the less players available obviously.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
But it's ok for us to entice our own players to break their contracts with us, like woods, mybe, Graham etc etc to benefit us...
Ok that's fine right.....
Why did we have to do that??

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes you wonder about the do nothing boards cavalry.
Free chinese meals at the club and free box tickets at the games reign supreme...
But no common sense about signing some marquees to lift us off the ground and score points.
Again I ask who is going to score our points this year?
They want a good start to the year, well against a star studded team in the eels at a packed bankwest round 1, a team that regularly scores high scores, I cannot see us starting the season off well, hope I'm wrong
Good way of putting it :grinning:

but.....excuses, reasons why not, more excuses, more reasons why not, no DNA, they wouldn't come here of all clubs, more excuses, we have no money, we aren't good enough to play for, excuses, and not the right time to talk about it.

*grinning*

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Target list or not

What makes you think a player would want to choose the dogs above another team? What is the attraction?

Ultimately its gonna come down to money to get elite players because we sure as shit dont have the right coaching staff and playing roster to entice the 1%
Where did I say that elite players would choose us over anyone else for less money?

I didn't mention money at all.

All I wanted to know where his inside knowledge of club procedures and plans came from, because they have not been publicised. And if he has inside knowledge I am sure we would all like to know more about those details so maybe he should share his knowlege.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Free chinese meals at the club and free box tickets at the games reign supreme...
But no common sense about signing some marquees to lift us off the ground and score points.
They want a good start to the year, well against a star studded team in the eels at a packed bankwest round 1, a team that regularly scores high scores, I cannot see us starting the season off well, hope I'm wrong
There’s no marquees coming for 2020 and I doubt there’s any coming in 2021 either. I think the board and Pay were rather naive to talk so openly about signing stars for 2021 and I think they have found out the reality of the situation. You need the marquees available and wanting to come to the club then you have to get them for a price that doesn’t ruin your cap.

What they have done in the meantime with the juniors has put us in a very good position moving forward and we will make some nice signings for 2021 to compliment the juniors.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it's now just nice signings....
By nice you mean no game breakers just solid players.....why even bother.
I would trade 2 or even 3 plodders for 1 game breaker
There’s no marquees coming for 2020 and I doubt there’s any coming in 2021 either. I think the board and Pay were rather naive to talk so openly about signing stars for 2021 and I think they have found out the reality of the situation. You need the marquees available and wanting to come to the club then you have to get them for a price that doesn’t ruin your cap.

What they have done in the meantime with the juniors has put us in a very good position moving forward and we will make some nice signings for 2021 to compliment the juniors.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relax mate, there are no leaks at the club....................
Where did I say that elite players would choose us over anyone else for less money?

I didn't mention money at all.

All I wanted to know where his inside knowledge of club procedures and plans came from, because they have not been publicised. And if he has inside knowledge I am sure we would all like to know more about those details so maybe he should share his knowlege.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So it's now just nice signings....
By nice you mean no game breakers just solid players.....why even bother.
I would trade 2 or even 3 plodders for 1 game breaker
Where did I say plodders or they won’t be game breakers? They don’t have to be a super star to make a massive difference to the team. You have a hard on for getting a marquee and blowing the bank on it. It’s looking increasing likely that it’s not going to happen.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
For the record I’ve got absolutely nothing for free from the club, quite the opposite really. Still waiting for you to answer my last question mate

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've already written 2020 off, only thing is I don't want the spoon.

If we escape it, then I'll be happy. Just being realistic.

PS I know this is loser talk but FMD what do you expect with this mob and the coach.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

What do you mean by nice signings? We're going to have a couple of million to spend and if they're players that're going to make a difference they're not going to come for the same reason marquee player's aren't. The only difference is they won't ask for as much in overs (just look at the previous players we've been linked with, Koroisau was a done deal?). If we're not going to pay overs at all then how are we going to compete in the market when as you've seen other clubs are willing to pay overs and they're also in a better position then us. Sure it's possible we pick up one to two rejects (similar to DWZ) before the 2021 season starts but that isn't going to equate to a couple of million (at least) in the cap. We're going to have to sign whoever is left without a club to fill our cap which will result in panic buys as we've let all of the top talent re-sign or move club by then (we don't have pick of the litter now, we're not even going to have pick of the litter with the little remaining before the 2021 season starts either). I personally don't see how we're going to fill the roster out (unless we front load contracts) with getting players "for a price that doesn't ruin your cap". The only positive I'll say is that a few extra players will be available due to them wanting out of their contract early (e.g. JAC, Arrow, a couple of players will pop up for the same reason, we still need to entice them to come).

I don't follow our juniors. How do they compare to other clubs? You're making it sound like they're the best juniors in the country. Do we have the next Haas or Fifita? The next Staggs to slot into our Centres would be nice.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate,all contracts are bullshit at the moment.
All players are available for a better price, they will move.
I'm homesick.....I want to play fullback, wife is having a baby, need to move interstate, etc etc etc...
Back to their negotiation skills are up shit creek.
Certainly appears that way doesn’t it.. contracts just don’t mean as much as what they used too... would be happy to see NRL put some tighter rules around this.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Certainly appears that way doesn’t it.. contracts just don’t mean as much as what they used too... would be happy to see NRL put some tighter rules around this.
We could also have the best negotiators in the league but it doesn't mean anything in our current situation if we're not going to throw the checkbook at players (not saying we should for every player). With how we're expected to go this year as well it's most likely going to be the same after this season too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've already written 2020 off, only thing is I don't want the spoon.

If we escape it, then I'll be happy. Just being realistic.

PS I know this is loser talk but FMD what do you expect with this mob and the coach.
Bloody arsenal fan ffs