Never been so disinterested in an upcoming season

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You call them panic buys?

Doesn't this prove they have had no targets or pipeline.

You would think they would have started planning from the time they told the world that we are entering the market place at 2021.wasn't that year 2018 right? ..they told everyone that would listen how bad the previous board was with the salary cap....so now it's their turn and they have Nothing!!
They have had 2 years ++ to plan an assault in the market place.....result zero to date
Exactly.

Also a point people missing.

When did pay say this about Ponga type signing?

Answer is for those that don’t know When we where fighting the spoon off and in the mix of a woeful disgusting putrid season.

Few good games and people
Foolishly forget that reality.

Every chance without Foran and the improvement in other rosters (both in new recruits and long term injured players back e.g titans with Ryan James and ash Taylor out so much) is we will be fighting it off this year again.

Watch the excuses role in again.

It’s sad, but I’m not one for being delusional.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You call them panic buys?

Doesn't this prove they have had no targets or pipeline.

You would think they would have started planning from the time they told the world that we are entering the market place at 2021.wasn't that year 2018 right? ..they told everyone that would listen how bad the previous board was with the salary cap....so now it's their turn and they have Nothing!!
They have had 2 years ++ to plan an assault in the market place.....result zero to date
The management would have players in mind for the future and certain strategies but for obvious reasons this is kept behind closed doors
Mate I totally agree some things should have not been said
Let’s give them at least this year to make inroads
We might also snag reputable players later in the season

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we play how we did the last 2 months and a couple of young blokes excel you will be

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As horsey would say time to crack that champagne bottle you think???
The management would have players in mind for the future and certain strategies but for obvious reasons this is kept behind closed doors
Mate I totally agree some things should have not been said
Let’s give them at least this year to make inroads
We might also snag reputable players later in the year

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As horsey would say time to crack that champagne bottle you think???
What’s the point of saying that,
Let’s give them at least some time this year and see what happens
At the end board elections will roll around,nobody is safe in the long run.

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tongue in cheek mate

Always thought he was easily pleased (horse)even with a miniscule small win
What’s the point of saying that,
Let’s give them at least some time this year and see happens
At the end board elections will roll around,nobody is safe in the long run.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Somebody give this guy a billy...

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t know about on season results but things will happen this year in one way or another. There is cap space available for 2021 and a coach who was only extended for 1 year which tells me the board are monitoring the results closely.... only 29 squad spots filled so one more available.. waiting on Forans cap relief compensation ...there is potentially a lot on the cards i reckon..
Don’t get the negativity in this place.
We have some great juniors coming through.
After they started believing in themselves last year we beat a lot of top 8 teams and the ones we didn’t only beat us by 6-8 points.
We were cruelled by injury and some young blokes had to step up.
There are some senior guys off contract like tolman at the end of the year and we will be actively buying some players for 2020 although I don’t think we need many.give me Fifita at the broncos to replace tolman and I’m happy to let our squad develop.i would be happy hovering around the 8 this year

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was an interesting thread.. I mean 2020 hasn’t even kicked off yet, can’t write our boys off this early.!! I certainly won’t be an never have done.

let’s gone doggies..!!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
After they started believing in themselves last year we beat a lot of top 8 teams and the ones we didn’t only beat us by 6-8 points.
There are some senior guys off contract like tolman at the end of the year and we will be actively buying some players for 2020 although I don’t think we need many.give me Fifita at the broncos to replace tolman and I’m happy to let our squad develop.i would be happy hovering around the 8 this year
For the 2020 season we're signing one reject MAX (all we have to spend). It's unlikely we're going to get the Fifita deal over the line without offering stupid amounts of money (everything so far has shown we're not going to pay overs so we're not getting any top talent). It's also going to be difficult for us to sign reject and opportunist type players if we have serious competition for them (other clubs interested bar a few). If we were able to hover around the eight (not realistic) that would help massively for future recruitment. We're more looking towards a bottom four battle (hopefully finishing around 12th). Anything is possible of course (and until it's mathematically impossible I'll be behind the boys) but we shouldn't be placing our expectations at miracle levels.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Was an interesting thread.. I mean 2020 hasn’t even kicked off yet, can’t write our boys off this early.!! I certainly won’t be an never have done.

let’s gone doggies..!!!
All boils down to ..those guys out there are wearing our jumper. We want to watch them play and we want them to win.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Simply, I just want to see effort and pride in our jersey, no matter what result.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I have not even renewed my family membership yet for this season, I am usually a first or second-day renewer since 2012. But until we get a sponsor, I think I'll just hold off.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just desperate for results mate... staring at our 4th year straight with no finals... what can you do.. but I think something has to give this year.