Never been so disinterested in an upcoming season

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just desperate for results mate... staring at our 4th year straight with no finals... what can you do.. but I think something has to give this year.
Yeah I’m with you it hurts to see us no playing finals footy.but our old board and coach didn’t look after our juniors they were chasing premierships.and look what happened.get your juniors right and the premierships will come.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine how many threads hes gonna make when he is interested.
Very passionate allzbulldog

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never felt this way about an upcoming season, it’s really sad tbh, cause there is nothing to look forward to. No new signings..... sigh
I bet you are great fun at parties!!! Talk about suck the atmosphere out of a room!

Seriously, I dig your passion but FFS bro, try and see the glass being half full instead of half empty for once! Just ONCE! ......

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
If you set your expectations low, you cant be disappointed...
This. The end of the day it’s about being realistic about where the team is at and tbh I’m not expecting too much difference from last season.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have never felt this way about an upcoming season, it’s really sad tbh, cause there is nothing to look forward to. No new signings..... sigh
You obviously werent around in the mid 70's were you....with astute talent spotting we grew a bunch of juniors into an entertaining premiership winning side. We changed the culture of rugby league from being a dour tackling contest into an entertaining brand of football that utilised the emerging confidence instilled in the junior players. The Mortimers, Hughes, Peponis, Noonan, Brentnall, Robinson, Folkes, Charlton, Anderson to name a few all home grown talent or emerging juniors we recruited. No big name recruits there. Sure we had Bob McCarthy and Gary Stephens too at the end of their careers to help lead our emerging players, but it was the core group of youngsters that eventually delivered the premiership.

Our new Board are in the middle of the same thing, developing our squad, recruiting and developing promising juniors and instilling confidence so that the players believe in themselves and keep having a go. Win lose or draw. This is the Bulldogs way we go about assembling our footy side.

I cant wait for this season to start to see what weve been working on this offseason. Win, lose or draw I just want our guys to keep having a go.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You obviously werent around in the mid 70's were you....with astute talent spotting we grew a bunch of juniors into an entertaining premiership winning side. We changed the culture of rugby league from being a dour tackling contest into an entertaining brand of football that utilised the emerging confidence instilled in the junior players. The Mortimers, Hughes, Peponis, Noonan, Brentnall, Robinson, Folkes, Charlton, Anderson to name a few all home grown talent or emerging juniors we recruited. No big name recruits there. Sure we had Bob McCarthy and Gary Stephens too at the end of their careers to help lead our emerging players, but it was the core group of youngsters that eventually delivered the premiership.

Our new Board are in the middle of the same thing, developing our squad, recruiting and developing promising juniors and instilling confidence so that the players believe in themselves and keep having a go. Win lose or draw. This is the Bulldogs way we go about assembling our footy side.

I cant wait for this season to start to see what weve been working on this offseason. Win, lose or draw I just want our guys to keep having a go.
All true but now there is a thing called salary cap so u cant help but lose some of them players.

That was 50 years ago things are different now.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am keen to see DWZ ripping in again... what a statement he made at a new club.

I am much happier with the position we are in, with a team full of guys who play for their mate, and the jersey, than if I was supporting a team in which only half the guys turn up each week, but they made a marquee signing... feel like we've got a solid foundation now to move back into the 8 where we rightfully belong

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am keen to see DWZ ripping in again... what a statement he made at a new club.

I am much happier with the position we are in, with a team full of guys who play for their mate, and the jersey, than if I was supporting a team in which only half the guys turn up each week, but they made a marquee signing... feel like we've got a solid foundation now to move back into the 8 where we rightfully belong
Couldn’t agree more Howard..!!!

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
All true but now there is a thing called salary cap so u cant help but lose some of them players.

That was 50 years ago things are different now.
I think we all agree that the Rorters, Souths, Storm and Broncos have been rorting the cap and/or getting favours and cap relief or a blind eye turned by the NRL. We are NOT gong to be let buy a premiership. We tried but failed to secure Api K or Ramien. Wed like Haas or D Fifita but will miss out again. The Turbo bros resigned, Manu resigned with Rorters and Mitchell wanted too much when we were talking to him. So who exactly on the market for 2020/21 did we miss out on? Matterson would of been nice I guess.
The only way we can compete is to develop our own players. Then be prepared to lose some to clubs that dont develop, because we will have a fresh batch coming through anyway. We wont be ever allowed to compete to buy the best available talent thats on the market.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we all agree that the Rorters, Souths, Storm and Broncos have been rorting the cap and/or getting favours and cap relief or a blind eye turned by the NRL. We are NOT gong to be let buy a premiership. We tried but failed to secure Api K or Ramien. Wed like Haas or D Fifita but will miss out again. The Turbo bros resigned, Manu resigned with Rorters and Mitchell wanted too much when we were talking to him. So who exactly on the market for 2020/21 did we miss out on? Matterson would of been nice I guess.
The only way we can compete is to develop our own players. Then be prepared to lose some to clubs that dont develop, because we will have a fresh batch coming through anyway. We wont be ever allowed to compete to buy the best available talent thats on the market.
I understand that, but with the salary cap we cant keep all of our developed players.
I completely agree with u as a club to be succesful we have to have that blueprint but in todays game we also have to trade some experienced players around due to the cap. We just cant keep them all like u could in the old days

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bring on the season! Getting close now