News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. Man will most certainly evolve (unless we got extinct first). If we left it up to nature then we would evolve naturally. But we now have the means to evolve ourselves artificially which China has started experimenting with.

The reason I brought up mutation is 'cause that's what evolution is. Evolution is just mutations that are so helpful for survival that they don't get bred out.

Thousands of years ago genetic disorders that didn't help the human race survive, died off. It's only now that we have such a luxury of living that we keep this pointless mutations alive.

But mutations are common. Very common. They happen constantly and if they don't help then they tend to die off because the creatures with these mutations don't breed.

that doesn't account for lifeforms evolving into other advanced lifeforms naturally... as far as I am concerned, we only ever know of birds being birds, lions being lions, etc.. maybe some weird shit can be bred, dogs become domestic animals, or whatever.. but nothing just naturally evolves into another form

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the best way I can explain evolution is like a AI playing a computer game. The aim of the game is to get to the end. There's thousands of different moves to do but only one move will work for a certain situation. The AI doesn't know how to play the game, only that it must get the character from one side of the stage to the other. So it tries everything. Every time a move fails then it tries another move. When a move works then it keeps that move locked in for next time. It keeps doing this, trying thousands of random moves until the pattern gets it to the end of the stage.

Evolution is similar to this. We have billions upon billions of mutations resulting in random outcomes. Most don't work, so they die off. The ones that do work survive.

Live in a heavily sunny environment then dark skin mutation survives over light skin. Move to a darker area with less sun and over thousands of years the lighter skin people thrive while the darker skin people die off due to lack of vitamin D.

Hair creates warmth so animals in colder climates survived if they had the mutations for thicker hair. Humans living in warmer climates survived longer if they had less hair. With a large number of hair follicles mutating to become sweat glands, humans could hunt for longer as they have more stamina than the hairy animals. When humans went up against stronger animals they survived due to being smarter. The smart ones bred which lead to advanced intelligence.

That's what evolution is. Random mutations that work.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
that doesn't account for lifeforms evolving into other advanced lifeforms naturally... as far as I am concerned, we only ever know of birds being birds, lions being lions, etc.. maybe some weird shit can be bred, dogs become domestic animals, or whatever.. but nothing just naturally evolves into another form
Everything does. You know thay seals and whales have knees?

The knees are completely pointless but they're left over from when they roamed the land. This is also why whales and seals need oxygen from the air to survive. They don't have gills like fish.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nobody understands why things are the way they are.. heck, Jesus himself and was crucified in the worst possible way, by man!... I am certain he was asking more questions than you and I could at that time... and not only was he crucified in the worst possible way, but he had to live with knowing that it was to be his destiny.. I personally don't even like seeing a little child lose the top of their ice cream, let alone what you experience.... it still doesn't disprove God though... and in some weird way, he has an eternal plan for everybody (besides c*nts)
Hey I respect your view..don’t get me wrong..and I don’t need you to prove your belief to me..I accept that you,and others, believe in God..and if it helps you get through life and makes you a better person it is a great thing.. But all I’ve seen and been through I just can’t believe..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything does. You know thay seals and whales have knees?

The knees are completely pointless but they're left over from when they roamed the land. This is also why whales and seals need oxygen from the air to survive. They don't have gills like fish.
that is interesting, but I haven't seen them evolve into another species or anything of that calibre and that's the whole thing about Evolution.. evolutionists say we went from this, to this, to this... but there is no genuine proof

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course Gods are easily made up... Just like theories about here that don't include a God can be easily made up and disproven.. and there are just as many, if not more of those than Gods

You do realise that Hell was not part of the original teachings right? pretty much the original scripture was all about love and treating your neighbour the way you wish to be treated... organised religion has done just as much bad, as good to the word of God, I will give you that... but the original scripture is not about fear and control, it's about teaching us to live well.. I know for me personally I was living a horrible life, drinking, parting, and just being a general piece of shit... and how did that end up? anxiety, panic disorder, depression, etc...

Man will never have genuine evidence of the first cause, believer or not, and I admit that.. I have my faith in a fine tuned universe being set in place by a creator, you have your belief that a fine tuned universe came to be by accident.

I want genuine proof of lifeforms, planets, universes coming into being from a single cell, and evolving into other forms... it's not that hard ..is it?
The universe is not fine tuned though, it is expanding and increasing in speed. If it was fine tuned as you say it would be stable and constant but its not. It's unbalanced and reactive and continually changing and it's structure is completely random in its make up. Nothing about it says "intelligent design" because the design itself is random. Now whether its the Big Bang, or the Membrane theory or String Theory or simply a Theory of Everything, man will find out why our universe came into existence and we will not stop until we do as its in our nature to find out. And if you want more proof of the non existence of god, why would god put in us that will to explore, to research and find out why we are if all he wanted was for us to accept he did it all?

And your last sentence is what I would call the death knell for all religions, the discovery of life on another planetary body. If that happens than every religion is redundant overnight. And the reason for that it is the premise of every religion we, mankind, is special in that we have been made or created. But the existence of life, even fossilised, microscopic life on another body destroys that premise. The discovery of life on another planet means life evolves and is not created and that we are not special, we are nothing more than the current apex of a carbon based life form evolving in an oxygen rich atmosphere.

And the implications of that are mind blowing. Imagine a Methane based life form evolving in an Argon rich atmosphere? Or a Silicon based life form in an Sulfur based atmosphere?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey I respect your view..don’t get me wrong..and I don’t need you to prove your belief to me..I accept that you,and others, believe in God..and if it helps you get through life and makes you a better person it is a great thing.. But all I’ve seen and been through I just can’t believe..

Sorry my initial comments were a bit out of line and I definitely didn't think you weren't being respectful or anything... and I could never begin to imagine what the thought process would be like to experience what you have.... even as a believer I see a lot of things and think, how can this be allowed to happen, why doesn't God step in.... but I just know that one day we will understand things better.. I mean who even knows.... we could even just be living in some kind of individual experience simulation that God set up to grow our souls... when you look into quantum physics and stuff like that... the world as we think we know it starts to look very different.... but that's for another topic lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Nobody understands why things are the way they are.. heck, Jesus himself and was crucified in the worst possible way, by man!... I am certain he was asking more questions than you and I could at that time... and not only was he crucified in the worst possible way, but he had to live with knowing that it was to be his destiny.. I personally don't even like seeing a little child lose the top of their ice cream, let alone what you experience.... it still doesn't disprove God though... and in some weird way, he has an eternal plan for everybody (besides c*nts)
And at the ninth hour, Jesus cried out with a loud voice, "Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" It is the only saying that appears in more than one Gospel, and is a quote from Psalm 22:2. This saying is taken by some as an abandonment of the Son by the Father.

If Jesus himself questioned why he was being crucified by man, how are we supposed to know why bad things happen to good people?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well...I was on a tilt table..which is a table that I am strapped on too, which is then raised up which allows me to stand and have weight bearing on my legs. As I was standing in the gymnasium I looked around the room at the people exercising. I saw an older woman in her late 60s, a young boy aged 13, a young girl aged 18, an older man in his late 50s, and man in his late 40s who had both a spinal injury and brain injury..As I observed the people struggling to get as much movement and strength as they could, I could not help but think, is there a God? If there is, how could he allow such horrible things to happen to people? How could he abandon us? Why do we have to struggle so hard? My thoughts then strayed to children with cancer, babies who only live for a few weeks, and good people who experience such loss and hardships in their lives. The only conclusion I could come to , is that God did not exist. A belief that has been confirmed as my experiences grew going to hospitals, and meeting others who have suffered losses in their lives.

To me that was proof enough..for you and others maybe not..but to me ..yes..
I am sure there are a lot of people out there, good people like yourself, who often ask this question. I'm not even going to lie, I often wonder why this happens. I don't think there's a point in trying to figure this out. Bad things happen because... bad things happen. This is one thing that I do know though. There are many people out there who may be ill or have disabilities and what have you that prevent them from having a very active life. It is sad to see this, however I know whenever I watch documentaries about this or see the individuals for myself, one thing about them is they have a heart of gold, and it absolutely makes you feel good inside to see what beautiful people they are.

You yourself @Mr 95% - how many people on here have a problem with you? NO ONE. Everyone here loves you, and we all know that you are a pure person, someone that's easy to get along with and someone that has no enemies.

There's also this guy I see regularly on weekends at the shopping centre. He can't talk, walk nor is he very mobile, and he needs a full-time carer. However he knows what's going on around him. Everyone loves him because of how gentle a soul he is, and even one time I recall someone waving at him, and even though he can't move that much, he was trying to wave back - and you could tell he was putting the effort in. He can also smile and do some other things. But this very being, this gentle soul is someone everyone loves - it's hard not to.

We may question why these things happen, but we don't have the answers - it's best to have faith instead.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am sure there are a lot of people out there, good people like yourself, who often ask this question. I'm not even going to lie, I often wonder why this happens. I don't think there's a point in trying to figure this out. Bad things happen because... bad things happen. This is one thing that I do know though. There are many people out there who may be ill or have disabilities and what have you that prevent them from having a very active life. It is sad to see this, however I know whenever I watch documentaries about this or see the individuals for myself, one thing about them is they have a heart of gold, and it absolutely makes you feel good inside to see what beautiful people they are.

You yourself @Mr 95% - how many people on here have a problem with you? NO ONE. Everyone here loves you, and we all know that you are a pure person, someone that's easy to get along with and someone that has no enemies.

There's also this guy I see regularly on weekends at the shopping centre. He can't talk, walk nor is he very mobile, and he needs a full-time carer. However he knows what's going on around him. Everyone loves him because of how gentle a soul he is, and even one time I recall someone waving at him, and even though he can't move that much, he was trying to wave back - and you could tell he was putting the effort in. He can also smile and do some other things. But this very being, this gentle soul is someone everyone loves - it's hard not to.

We may question why these things happen, but we don't have the answers - it's best to have faith instead.
:kissingheart:*

*no homo

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry my initial comments were a bit out of line and I definitely didn't think you weren't being respectful or anything... and I could never begin to imagine what the thought process would be like to experience what you have.... even as a believer I see a lot of things and think, how can this be allowed to happen, why doesn't God step in.... but I just know that one day we will understand things better.. I mean who even knows.... we could even just be living in some kind of individual experience simulation that God set up to grow our souls... when you look into quantum physics and stuff like that... the world as we think we know it starts to look very different.... but that's for another topic lol
Aargghhh no Quantum physics..part of my brain just exploded!!:fearscream:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
that is interesting, but I haven't seen them evolve into another species or anything of that calibre and that's the whole thing about Evolution.. evolutionists say we went from this, to this, to this... but there is no genuine proof
Generally there's fossil records which act as proof and now genetic sequencing which allows us to see the same genes we have with other animals, but you are right that we haven't observed a complete change of species (excluding what we have seen in micro-organisms)

A natural complete change of species takes a long time. That said, we will likely see it done unnaturally soon. Technically we've already seen some like the monkey pigs in China that didn't survive long

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/07/worlds-first-monkey-pig-hybrids-born-chinese-lab-11407023/

Or the Spider goats. Well, technically they're just goats but they develop spider silk. This was done through selective breeding though. The Chinese Spider Pigs were made through genetic editing with CRISPR.

https://m.phys.org/news/2010-05-scientists-goats-spider-silk.html

Next stop, manbearpig

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love Quantum Physics. Some concepts are so complex that there's no way to explain it to humans.

From a religious perspective, some of the concepts of Quantum Physics align with the religion of Pantheism. The modern Pantheism, not the ancient Greek multi-God pantheism.

Pantheism states that God and the Universe are the same thing. That we are all part of God in some kind of collective consciousness. This lends to the "made in God's image" being that we were quite literally made from the cells of God.

This lines up with Quantum Superposition and the fact that a particle/wave can collapse merely by us observing or measuring it. Pantheism has many schools of belief but one school believes that we can literally change the Universe by just thinking it.

Of course none of this has ever been confirmed to be real. But it's an interesting Idea.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Less than a quarter of what the greedy arsehole was asking for. Definite win for Rugby Australia IMO. :p
They got out of it cheaply. The greedy arsehole was on a 5 million contract wasn't he. 3 million and the grubby problem went away...they made money on the deal.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Quantum Physics. Some concepts are so complex that there's no way to explain it to humans.

From a religious perspective, some of the concepts of Quantum Physics align with the religion of Pantheism. The modern Pantheism, not the ancient Greek multi-God pantheism.

Pantheism states that God and the Universe are the same thing. That we are all part of God in some kind of collective consciousness. This lends to the "made in God's image" being that we were quite literally made from the cells of God.

This lines up with Quantum Superposition and the fact that a particle/wave can collapse merely by us observing or measuring it. Pantheism has many schools of belief but one school believes that we can literally change the Universe by just thinking it.

Of course none of this has ever been confirmed to be real. But it's an interesting Idea.
I'm currently reading (and struggling to understand I don't mind admitting) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grand_Design_(book) by Mlodinow and Hawking. Two paragraphs and my brain is full. :grinning:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The universe is not fine tuned though, it is expanding and increasing in speed. If it was fine tuned as you say it would be stable and constant but its not. It's unbalanced and reactive and continually changing and it's structure is completely random in its make up. Nothing about it says "intelligent design" because the design itself is random. Now whether its the Big Bang, or the Membrane theory or String Theory or simply a Theory of Everything, man will find out why our universe came into existence and we will not stop until we do as its in our nature to find out. And if you want more proof of the non existence of god, why would god put in us that will to explore, to research and find out why we are if all he wanted was for us to accept he did it all?

And your last sentence is what I would call the death knell for all religions, the discovery of life on another planetary body. If that happens than every religion is redundant overnight. And the reason for that it is the premise of every religion we, mankind, is special in that we have been made or created. But the existence of life, even fossilised, microscopic life on another body destroys that premise. The discovery of life on another planet means life evolves and is not created and that we are not special, we are nothing more than the current apex of a carbon based life form evolving in an oxygen rich atmosphere.

And the implications of that are mind blowing. Imagine a Methane based life form evolving in an Argon rich atmosphere? Or a Silicon based life form in an Sulfur based atmosphere?
Our planet is very much fined tuned for life... even our proximity to the sun and moon being altered even slightly would be catastrophic.. there are so many variables in play that need to be JUST right, or we are doomed... look at something like a the bacterial flagellar motor and tell me that is not intelligent design? what human could ever come up with something so complex? everything man has achieved has come from the study of the natural world.. art, music, design, mathematics, geometry, and of course, science... God did not create us just to accept it... that's why Jesus says to be like children... what are children like? inquisitive... God created all things for his and our pleasure.. look at the beauty of a sunset, a sunrise, a waterfall, flowers.. and tell me that a creator would create things of such beauty, just for people to "accept"

yes and that's just what atheism is, isn't it.... "if this happens...."..... "these things happen over millions of years..." but never any ACTUAL proof of anything to disprove a creator... just ifs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Generally there's fossil records which act as proof and now genetic sequencing which allows us to see the same genes we have with other animals, but you are right that we haven't observed a complete change of species (excluding what we have seen in micro-organisms)

A natural complete change of species takes a long time. That said, we will likely see it done unnaturally soon. Technically we've already seen some like the monkey pigs in China that didn't survive long

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/07/worlds-first-monkey-pig-hybrids-born-chinese-lab-11407023/

Or the Spider goats. Well, technically they're just goats but they develop spider silk. This was done through selective breeding though. The Chinese Spider Pigs were made through genetic editing with CRISPR.

https://m.phys.org/news/2010-05-scientists-goats-spider-silk.html

Next stop, manbearpig
man and animals were created by the same consciousness and therefor share so many similarities.. take something like DNA.. we're going to have similarities in our DNA because we have similar functions, similar features... look at binary code for example... you can use one programming language to create a whole range of different applications...I might create a website at a smaller scale, whilst somebody at Google might be unlocking the gates of Hell lol... God's programming language is just far more advanced than anything humans have created

Pantheism is not far from what I believe is the truth... if anything could exist outside of God, he would not BE God.. "He is before all things, and in him all things hold together" Colossians 1:17... QP certainly does suggest that everything is connected.. I just think God is the all that became aware of itself.... no idea how it happened... but either way... no matter how we got here, it's insane when you really stop and think about it.. believer, or atheist.

Man that shit is crazy... the double slit experiment blows my mind.. I think the ancients were a lot more clued onto all that stuff intuitively

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How do you know it was only $3,000,000? Both parties have said that it is confidential, meaning that they know what was involved, no other parties. The media will always speculate. How do you know that the Telegraph's $8,000,000 wasn't closer to the mark? We don't know, it's non of our business.

Secondly, if Folau wasn't happy with the payout, he'd have continued with the court case. This case was a win in the bag for him, so he'd have continued if he wanted to.

Thirdly, a little left-field here, there are so many people commenting on Izzy's Instagram saying how much they hate him and that he's greedy etc. How do these same people not know what he'll do with the money? How do we know he won't help the church, of give to those who need it, or help fund missionaries that he was do to under go once he retired from playing (which seems more likely). We never questioned what he did with his money when he was playing, so who are we to question it now that he's not playing? It's the exact same outcome, he gets millions whether or not he plays (he was fired remember, he didn't away from the game and chose to sue them afterwards), he does what he wants with his money.
Rugby Australia have revealed the real payout figure was 3 million to shut up all the people claiming this as a win for Folau and accusing them of incompetence. Not that it has worked. But it is NOT a media speculated figure. It has come straight from the horse’s mouth. Before you say that it was immoral for RA to do that, Folau is the one who released a video statement claiming the situation as a win for himself to try to save face, so RA didn’t really owe him any confidentiality.

Why do you assume it woukd have been an easy win for Folau? Sorry mate, but if your bloke and his team were confident of a win, there’s no way they would have settled for that amount.

I think a lot of people question his character Because he’s already proven himself to be untrustworthy. He went on record saying he would walk away if he did something like this and put RA in a difficult position with sponsors again after the first controversy. If he was a man of his word, he would have walked away without chasing any financial compensation. There is also the fact that once he did decide to fight in court he claimed that he was all about the principle and that he would see the case through to its resolution but in the end he walked away from the case in favour of a payout. He called out liars in his post, yet in a number of ways he has not proven to be true to his word throughout this sorry little episode.

People also don’t like that he asked for public funding to fund his case. Those campaigns are designed to assist the needy, which is what he should be all about too.

I’m sure there are many who don’t like him because of his basic position, but he has also given people a good deal of cause to question his integrity.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They got out of it cheaply. The greedy arsehole was on a 5 million contract wasn't he. 3 million and the grubby problem went away...they made money on the deal.
I’m not sure what his actual contract figure was, but if RA walked away having paid him less than that initial amount, they’d all be over the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.