Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the Xbox Game Pass people, The Outer Worlds is out on Game Pass today. It's getting really good reviews

Yeah I have seen it's getting good reviews. Being called Fallout New Vegas in Space to sum up the feeling of it. I get it, it's made by former members who worked on Fallout.

It's what Fallout 4 should have been like, not the boring crap it was. I won't even start on Fallout 76.

Talking games, I got my copy of COD MW. Was looking forward to playing it Saturday night but remembered my GF got us tickets to some Oktoberfest party....so looks like I'm gonna have to wait.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I have seen it's getting good reviews. Being called Fallout New Vegas in Space to sum up the feeling of it. I get it, it's made by former members who worked on Fallout.

It's what Fallout 4 should have been like, not the boring crap it was. I won't even start on Fallout 76.

Talking games, I got my copy of COD MW. Was looking forward to playing it Saturday night but remembered my GF got us tickets to some Oktoberfest party....so looks like I'm gonna have to wait.
Yeah, it's actually made by the Fallout New Vegas team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And I've broke another controller :(

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Death Stranding is getting mixed reviews. Most are good but there are some terrible reviews and even the good reviews point out the main issues.

Apparently the story is amazing and it introduces some interesting gameplay ideas. But it takes about 10 hours before the game starts and even then you're still stuck with hours of boring gameplay between the story elements.

It's the perfect game for people who like open world games massive multiplayer games where you have to grind through monotony to get reward. And I'm sure I would have enjoyed it many years ago. But I just don't have time for those kind of games now days.

Recently played through the main story of AC Odyssey which was amazing. But the story with a few side quests took me over 60 hours and I still have a long way to go on the main side quests. The game is so interesting that I want to do the side stuff though. Playing a game that makes me walk for hours between main gameplay? Just don't have time for that.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Death Stranding is getting mixed reviews. Most are good but there are some terrible reviews and even the good reviews point out the main issues.

Apparently the story is amazing and it introduces some interesting gameplay ideas. But it takes about 10 hours before the game starts and even then you're still stuck with hours of boring gameplay between the story elements.

It's the perfect game for people who like open world games massive multiplayer games where you have to grind through monotony to get reward. And I'm sure I would have enjoyed it many years ago. But I just don't have time for those kind of games now days.

Recently played through the main story of AC Odyssey which was amazing. But the story with a few side quests took me over 60 hours and I still have a long way to go on the main side quests. The game is so interesting that I want to do the side stuff though. Playing a game that makes me walk for hours between main gameplay? Just don't have time for that.
To be honest I've never been interested in Death Stranding at all. The whole concept just doesn't appeal to me.

AC Odyssey I really enjoyed playing. I have always been interested in Greek history and mythology.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest I've never been interested in Death Stranding at all. The whole concept just doesn't appeal to me.

AC Odyssey I really enjoyed playing. I have always been interested in Greek history and mythology.
Agreed. Interesting game. After I finished the main storyline of AC Odyssey I tried playing Origins and it seems like a massive step backwards. Tried playing other games too but they just feel lacking so I'm back playing Odyssey doing side quests and DLC

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Interesting game. After I finished the main storyline of AC Odyssey I tried playing Origins and it seems like a massive step backwards. Tried playing other games too but they just feel lacking so I'm back playing Odyssey doing side quests and DLC
AC Odyssey is probably my favorite in the AC franchise. Also liked AC Black Flag because it was set within the pirate days. Apart from that the first couple AC games were ok, as was Origins. That's my opinion anyway.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone on Xbox with new COD??

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. A few of us have it. Never get time to play it though and what I've played of it so far, haven't really enjoyed it.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah mate, its supports cross platforms now too so Xbox and PS4 can apparently play together?
Liking it better now im upgrading some weapons, but haven't had that much time lately to play it. A lot better than the last few COD's. No futuristic shit.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah mate, its supports cross platforms now too so Xbox and PS4 can apparently play together?
Liking it better now im upgrading some weapons, but haven't had that much time lately to play it. A lot better than the last few COD's. No futuristic shit.
I didn't even realise it was cross platform. I haven't even taken the plastic of it yet since I got it. Might get round to playing some on Saturday night.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't even realise it was cross platform. I haven't even taken the plastic of it yet since I got it. Might get round to playing some on Saturday night.
We usually chat about it in the Battlefield Thread mate. I'll try get on this weekend also.
Some of us are good, others (like myself) just make up the numbers. We have a good laugh though.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
We usually chat about it in the Battlefield Thread mate. I'll try get on this weekend also.
Some of us are good, others (like myself) just make up the numbers. We have a good laugh though.
Haha, yeah I'll be back at noob status as i haven't played an online shooter in a while. I used to go alright before, but not like john wick style or anything lol. I usually end up caught up in the chat and lose focus on the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone with Superloop? Looks decent I think?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone pumped for Pokemon Sword/Shield this week? Or am I the only Poke nerd here? haha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone pumped for Pokemon Sword/Shield this week? Or am I the only Poke nerd here? haha
Think you're alone there. The games I'm looking forward to are Jedi Fallen Order this week and Doom Eternal next week.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If anyone wants to squad up on COD MW add tonez_

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Too tedious lol. I hear Ash did finally win a league in the show, fuck those lucky kids that got to grow up and see him win :tearsofjoy: