Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to my first cod purchase since black ops 3. With ign having a meltdown from the first reveal saying it’s too realistic and sad to kill a terrorist who has families to now white phosphorus shouldn’t be in the game I am day one buying if activision don’t bend the knee like cdproject red did with cyberpunk.
IGN are a bunch of **** these days. Soyboys and feminist millennials run that place these days and get triggered over anything. Game journalists are the worst these days, to be honest a majority aren't even real gamers. Anyhow, the more they whinge about COD the more it makes me want to buy it. Well I was buying it anyway but their whinging just clarifies it that I have to get it

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking forward to my first cod purchase since black ops 3. With ign having a meltdown from the first reveal saying it’s too realistic and sad to kill a terrorist who has families to now white phosphorus shouldn’t be in the game I am day one buying if activision don’t bend the knee like cdproject red did with cyberpunk.
It's funny that IGN would complain about that considering that they gave Spec Ops the Line a great review and in that you torch civilians with napalm.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Eh. I read the IGN article. It wasn't IGN, it was an opinion column from a former US marine that doesn't work for IGN. He also raised a good point that they're selling the game as realistic but not treating white phosphorus for what it is.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And FIFA has unfortunately kicked in again and I've been sucked in for another half a year of EA taking the fucking piss and raging against laggy servers :(

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eh. I read the IGN article. It wasn't IGN, it was an opinion column from a former US marine that doesn't work for IGN. He also raised a good point that they're selling the game as realistic but not treating white phosphorus for what it is.
That was only one article, go and look at all the other articles produced by them being so offended by it lol. And no. Where’s all these so called ex marines having an issue with other war atrocities happening in video games. It’s nothing more than ign using an ex marine to push their agenda. I mean they were having a sook that in levels they had to kill terrorists with families and didn’t feel right lol.
Also they have female sas soldiers, that ain’t realistic why didn’t they get a sas soldier to write a column on how women are being misrepresented

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IGN are a bunch of **** these days. Soyboys and feminist millennials run that place these days and get triggered over anything. Game journalists are the worst these days, to be honest a majority are even real gamers. Anyhow, the more they whinge about COD the more it makes me want to buy it. Well I was buying it anyway but their whinging just clarifies it that I have to get it
Just everything you said is exactly

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's funny that IGN would complain about that considering that they gave Spec Ops the Line a great review and in that you torch civilians with napalm.
Yeah but that was a while ago, unfortunately since then IGN has changed and hired more millennials, soyboys and feminist and are not your traditional games journalists. I used to use IGN all the time for my gaming news and reviews but I stay clear of them now.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but that was a while ago, unfortunately since then IGN has changed and hired more millennials, soyboys and feminist and are not your traditional games journalists. I used to use IGN all the time for my gaming news and reviews but I stay clear of them now.
Did you see them upset from Rambo last blood as well?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you see them upset from Rambo last blood as well?
Nah I didn't but it doesn't surprise me. As I said before I pretty much stay clear of IGN. Were they complaining about the over the top violence in the latest trailer for the movie?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah I didn't but it doesn't surprise me. As I said before I pretty much stay clear of IGN. Were they complaining about the over the top violence in the latest trailer for the movie?
Hahaha they complained about over the top violence in the actual movie. What retards it’s fkn Rambo lol. Also other critics are offended it depicted Mexicans negatively lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That was only one article, go and look at all the other articles produced by them being so offended by it lol. And no. Where’s all these so called ex marines having an issue with other war atrocities happening in video games. It’s nothing more than ign using an ex marine to push their agenda. I mean they were having a sook that in levels they had to kill terrorists with families and didn’t feel right lol.
Also they have female sas soldiers, that ain’t realistic why didn’t they get a sas soldier to write a column on how women are being misrepresented
The article covered the other games. He covered Spec Ops and several others that used WP and said that they handled it well 'cause they showed the horror of it while CoD is using it as a reward and showing no downside of it which normally would be fine if it wasn't for the "realistic" tag.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I also went through all the other IGN articles and generally found praise for the game with no other real criticism other than a complaint about the minimap

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm definitely not arguing about that. IGN is packed full of soyboys who are offended by literally anything. Some of the whiney crap they put out now days is embarrassing. I'm just questioning Realist as he seems to have blown something out of proportion.

IGN won't criticise COD themselves. Everyone knows that COD paper bags keeps IGN going.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally got around to playing Uncharted Lost Legacy. Great game. Very short but really good. Has a lot of epic locations like Uncharted 4 but also took up the emotional focus they use in Uncharted 4 and I think they did it even better in this. The dynamic between the two main characters is really bloody well done.

And for the anti-PC crowd that got so annoyed by Nadine being unbeatable in Uncharted 4, in this both Chloe and Nadine get there arse handed to them by one guy several times. Also, anti-PC side note. The chick that does the voice for Nadine is white. So the anti-PC women hating crowd can play this without too much worry *cough* Realist *cough*

Actually, scratch that. Realist can't play it 'cause the women are allowed out of the kitchen.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Medal of Honor game is going to be VR

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Medal of Honor game is going to be VR

I got excited when I seen the name Medal Of Honor but then seen it was being made for VR. Oh how I loved the old Medal Of Honor games back in the day.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
How about it we finally have a release date for The Last Of Us Part II. Feb 21, 2020.

And here is a look at Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Story trailer. It's looking good compared to the last few COD games. The Modern Warfare were the best of the series so glad they are going back to it this time round.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Does anyone have any Mega Drive retro games to play? I've got them all on a certain device ;) Just wanting to know if there are any good ones?

Also, @Hacky McAxe I played Bubsy the other day. I threw in the towel during stage 2.