Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Gagai to Bulldogs??

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let’s not kid ourselves. Gagai is so far ahead of anyone in our backlike bar arguably dwz and POTENTIALLY smith!

That said I agree. If we had to pay him 600-700k a year I’d much much much rather we threw it at Manu or latrell. Better yet both.

First things first though. Sign Holbrook!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
40 tries from 174 games isn't a good strike record in particular when 29 of them were from 2012 - 2017. Outside backs should be putting on the tries.

Hoppa by comparison 41 tries in 140 games.

If true then shows the club have little confidence in Montoya, Holland, Harper (just yet), and possibly Okunbor.

If true we should have just kept JMoz.

Then again anything is better than Montoya.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let’s not kid ourselves. Gagai is so far ahead of anyone in our backlike bar arguably dwz and POTENTIALLY smith!

That said I agree. If we had to pay him 600-700k a year I’d much much much rather we threw it at Manu or latrell. Better yet both.

First things first though. Sign Holbrook!!!
Ferguson is on 500k at Parra.

Gagai aint worth half of that and Gagais workrate aint 20% of what Ferguson produces week in week out

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ferguson is on 500k at Parra.

Gagai aint worth half of that and Gagais workrate aint 20% of what Ferguson produces week in week out
I don’t disagree with what your saying about the fergo comparable. Though I’d say Ferguson was effected in price with his reputation and history.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Joey Manu dropped from roosters lineup this afternoon. Surely a decent offer could tempt him here
He wasn’t dropped just rested because he ended up doing so much extra work at fullback while Tedesco was at Origin. Bmoz or Hall will be dropped next week to fit him back in.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on what the other options are. He certainly plays alot better at rep level than club level

For a couple of years with Souffs paying a chunk of the salary possibly.

Let's face it who wants to go into next year with Holland or Montoya as the options. Harper I don't think is ready yet.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We all worked that out, when James Roberts signed with Souths.
Okay. Sorry for confirming a rumour and the exact figure based on people I know at that club who run their cap.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the start of 2021 Gagai will be 29yrs old - so no thank you.

I would much prefer to spend $350k to $400k (maybe) on each of

Nick Cotric who will be 22yrs old for season 2021.

&/Or

Zac Lomax (Goal kicker) who will be 21yrs old for season 2021.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the start of 2021 Gagai will be 29yrs old - so no thank you.

I would much prefer to spend $350k to $400k (maybe) on each of

Nick Cotric who will be 22yrs old for season 2021.

&/Or

Zac Lomax (Goal kicker) who will be 21yrs old for season 2021.
We need a left centre tbh, you have mentioned all right side centres.i would go for xerri boots n all, and unless we can get manu for right centre I would keep hoop.a if it fell thru with manu

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a left centre tbh, you have mentioned all right side centres.i would go for xerri boots n all, and unless we can get manu for right centre I would keep hoop.a if it fell thru with manu
I think Cotric is only playing right centre because Raiders are missing BJ Lealua. He has previously been playing left wing (Rapana plays right).

Also, I would love Manu but seen as we will have to pay overs anyway - I'd rather payer a little over for a cheaper centre than alot over for an expensive one.

I just hope we start landing some quality signatures soon though , otherwise we're going to be screwed for a long time.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can we have Corey Allan, Campbell Graham, or Braidon Burns instead? Souths only shifting Gagai because they have better younger options coming through.

Heck id even take Doueihi as he's behind Reynolds and Walker.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's a shithouse centre... so yeah it's a no from me.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If true...
It seems like we haven't changed our bad habits...that's picking up other teams problems !!! :rage::fearscream: