Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Troll on st helens forum saying that Thompson is a done deal to bulldogs and Holbrook to bulldogs is off the table and dogs will stick with pay
But everyone on there seems to think that he's trolling 100 percent

Thommo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Troll on st helens forum saying that Thompson is a done deal to bulldogs and Holbrook to bulldogs is off the table and dogs will stick with pay
Hes the copycat Mr Invisible....total bellend...ignore him

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sorry horse. I could tell your comments where pro this board.

I am not saying that’s right or wrong for the club yet. Though if the fuck this up and we keep pay and miss Holbrook then they have signed their own papers and won’t last and are out of their depth just like our coach.

Your comment is fair, the roster is rubbish. Though we have gotten worse on last year, he hasn’t got any game plans that are working in 2 years. He can’t get simple selections and rotations right.

Perhaps the last 2 seasons are to blame for his diminished outlook though regardless he has to go.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything is pure conjecture until the board state they have compleat faith in Pay and fully support him; then we know for certain he's out...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fuck you’re gonna be a laugh and a half when Pay is still coach next year. Deal with it baby
The Board and our Club will be more than a laugh and a half if they don't fix this. Beats me how anyone can seemingly be so cavalier about the state the Dogs are in.

We've got to get out of this mess in a sensible and long term way. Dean Pay does not appear capable of facilitating the complete restructure and recruitment necessary.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking that he was trolling too but his last msg saying that he will be asking for an apology off everyone in the next few days after everyone giving it to him.
God if our board sticks with Pay and thinks thats the way forward..
Ive already lost interest in our boring style and relying on individual brilliance by certain players to get points.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry horse. I could tell your comments where pro this board.

I am not saying that’s right or wrong for the club yet. Though if the fuck this up and we keep pay and miss Holbrook then they have signed their own papers and won’t last and are out of their depth just like our coach.

Your comment is fair, the roster is rubbish. Though we have gotten worse on last year, he hasn’t got any game plans that are working in 2 years. He can’t get simple selections and rotations right.

Perhaps the last 2 seasons are to blame for his diminished outlook though regardless he has to go.
That's all well and good but please tell me why everyone here seems to be so stunned that our results haven't improved from last year? Have a look at our player gains and losses since June last year as a starting point.

The Club was very much upfront and transparent, and spelled it out to everyone last year that due to circumstances, this year would effectively a write-off, albeit for the greater good of this clubs future. And this was even before we lost Klemmer!

I think all this agony amongst the Kennel is very much self-inflicted. The warning was issued last year, and was seemingly ignored. And even after losing a player as vital as Klemmer, it was met with a smugness from members here that he'd be easily replaced, some even going as far as saying that his work was detrimental to our team which was flat out laughable, yet a view accepted by a lot of members here.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an article about holbrook in the telegraph today. Just about his achievements. Some comments from royce symmond, steve price and trent robinson. Said something about fast brand of footy he favours etc.
Only had a glance as i was waiting for my coffee.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an article about holbrook in the telegraph today. Just about his achievements. Some comments from royce symmond, steve price and trent robinson. Said something about fast brand of footy he favours etc.
Only had a glance as i was waiting for my coffee.
Sorry, thats steve price the ex dragons coach not our steve price. No need to get excited. Lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah man, he brought madness and the dogs of war mentality back to our club... I cannot wait to see the back of him at the end of the season.
The only madness he brought was the madness I conjure up while watching our team play.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah man, he brought madness and the dogs of war mentality back to our club... I cannot wait to see the back of him at the end of the season.
You and everyone else on here (except for the three pay lovers: horse, twintosser and some user I can't remember)

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You and everyone else on here (except for the three pay lovers: horse, twintosser and some user I can't remember)
Probably concerned about losing their job at the football club hence self interest posts from these guys.....what's best for the club...or what best for the individual

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I concur, he’s brought me lots of madness. I don’t blame it all on him. The roster is terrible: though that said he is certainly shown he is out of his depth and needs to go!!!

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's all well and good but please tell me why everyone here seems to be so stunned that our results haven't improved from last year? Have a look at our player gains and losses since June last year as a starting point.

The Club was very much upfront and transparent, and spelled it out to everyone last year that due to circumstances, this year would effectively a write-off, albeit for the greater good of this clubs future. And this was even before we lost Klemmer!

I think all this agony amongst the Kennel is very much self-inflicted. The warning was issued last year, and was seemingly ignored. And even after losing a player as vital as Klemmer, it was met with a smugness from members here that he'd be easily replaced, some even going as far as saying that his work was detrimental to our team which was flat out laughable, yet a view accepted by a lot of members here.
You’re completely focused on the end of your nose mate.

I, like many here, are measuring Pay and the footy team on many things beyond win/loss column.
I can’t be bothered trying to list all the regressed stats but I challenge you to tell me who or what has improved in last 2 years on the field ?

I wish Pay was our man, but plain as day we are a rabble

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

380B3BF1-9FB1-4236-8CF3-023C9C2A396F.jpeg