Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he's coming back to the NRL I doubt he goes to the titans. Has any coach ever seen out a contract there. Plus his hands are tied with money already invested in players there, here he can basically recruit a team of his choice. It's St Helens or us.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he's coming back to the NRL I doubt he goes to the titans. Has any coach ever seen out a contract there. Plus his hands are tied with money already invested in players there, here he can basically recruit a team of his choice. It's St Helens or us.
I'm pretty sure cartwright saw out his contract with them and resigned

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Eventually he "stood down", we all know what that means.
I thought searle and him resigned on the same day, but fair point. Still, seven years is a long time for an nrl coach to stay at a foundation club

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If St. Helens have given him a deadline then there can be no doubt that he has been offered a contract/contracts elsewhere. And given the gold coast have only just sacked Brennan, surely we are the team that's offered him a contract?!
I dont want to see Pay be shafted by the club, but I think it needs to happen. Let's hope we have tables Holbrook an offer and it comes off.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought searle and him resigned on the same day, but fair point. Still, seven years is a long time for an nrl coach to stay at a foundation club
Agree, seven years at any club is a fair amount of time, not many clubs have that level of patience.

I still think for Holbrook we are the better option, he can build a team of his choosing (well more or less).

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St Helens giving the deadline helps our cause.
Titans wont have enough time to go through their processes.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How do we know the Titans didn't sign him up before they sacked Brennan?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Maybe the players knew pay was on borrowed time and were informed he'd be out by the end of season so they decided to pull their collective fingers out of their arses and play as a unit for the rest of the year
Exactly what I thought. Playing to show they don’t need to go
I would be more disappointed if that was the case and a bigger reason to get rid of said players. All these entitled have lost the meaning on professional which means doing your best regardless and let front office sort the rest out. Getting paid means it's a job and their ARE expectations for that.

Thommo

Waterboy
Reaction score
I hope he brings luke thompson with him
Not going to happen...... yet. Like i said earlier...his family are millionaires so cash isnt the issue. Hes not yet said anything about wanting to test himself blah blah...if hes a home bird and puts family 1st the chances are he stays put. Here's hoping lol

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook yes...the silence is deafening. May time he said he'd sit down and sign "cos i love it here" ....since then...diddly squat.
So the talk of titans is BS?

Thommo

Waterboy
Reaction score
We are resigned to losing him....not sure where to...doesnt actually bother us where to....but the feeling is to The Dogs....

We just want it sorted now...get on with it and move on.

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What is it about Dean's coaching that impresses you so much?

Do you not think that a 'great coach' would continually implement methods such as Pay's non adaptive in game strategies, or his poorly tuned and timed set plays? What about his continual ineffective bench rotations or his seemingly random squad changes week to week? What about the the ongoing simple defensive issues that seem to be overlooked week-in week-out, or the lack of on field communication and leadership?

Surely it can be asserted that good leaders can make a big difference, not just in sport but in life, and the Bulldogs coaching role is no exception.

Furthermore, the cleanout that you speak off..... That started 2 years ago, not because the club wanted to... but because it had to... as a reaction to poor leadership.

Poor leadership does not only effect the here and now, but is also toxic in regards to the nurture and development of future growth and success.

Dean Pay is not a good leader in terms of what we need as our coach, and as a result our team and our on field performances are significantly suffering.
Comical you are matey, so funny!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't have a good feeling about this... we will lose out to the Titans imo