Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon if he confirmed that he met with Thompson he’s keen on coming. Other then that don’t know why hill would admit it.
No hoolbrook though??

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who would know what’s truth and what’s not, as always it’s all speculation until something is made official. So I will read and wait and hope something is confirmed soon.

Fingers crossed...!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen this guy play? Just looked at his stats and the most impressive thing is the amount of games he has already played...only stats but nothing really stands out.

Banned
Reaction score
I don't. Dude if a shonky shitcunt who knew exactly what he was doing, cheated the system in various ways, and got caught, yet played the victim card.

Only thing I'm annoyed about is he wasn't banned for life with no exceptions.
Flanagan is known to be confused about the guidelines of his 2014 suspension.

Despite being instructed not to communicate with any Sharks players or officials in 2014, the NRL bizarrely allowed him to re-sign with the club during his suspension.

"He's allowed to communicate with the club about (his) future contract and that was part of the discussion that we had," Greenberg said when asked about his re-signing in 2014.

"But, ultimately, the decision on whether they contracted him, that was a decision for the club."

Having been allowed to secure his own future at the club beyond his suspension, Flanagan doesn't believe his responding to club officials' emails about player retention and recruit from 2015 amounts to effectively coaching the Sharks in 2014, as he stands accused of.
From https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...fused-flanagan-s-welfare-20181220-p50nbx.html
To me at least, it affords a different light to the situation.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen this guy play? Just looked at his stats and the most impressive thing is the amount of games he has already played...only stats but nothing really stands out.
Has a silky offload in him and goes hard. For a massive lad he is very quick on his feet and extremely mobile.

Like the majority of the pommy forwards he is a skillful lad.

He is definitely the type of prop we desperately need.

If you compare him to a current nrl player, i would say his mobility and the way he runs is like a Frizell/Sims type, but with alot more skillful hands

Defence wise, didnt take too much notice so cant comment

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best stat I saw was downing 6 pints of warm pommy piss in 13 minutes.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has a silky offload in him and goes hard. For a massive lad he is very quick on his feet and extremely mobile.

Like the majority of the pommy forwards he is a skillful lad.

He is definitely the type of prop we desperately need.

If you compare him to a current nrl player, i would say his mobility and the way he runs is like a Frizell/Sims type, but with alot more skillful hands

Defence wise, didnt take too much notice so cant comment
Well it would make sense he plays for st helens, same team coached by Holbrook...major coup if they get both

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Will be the next big thing to come out of England if he does come down. A prop with power and pace.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be the next big thing to come out of England if he does come down. A prop with power and pace.
Him and jai arrow....what an awesome pack we would have ....and maybe latrell in the centres

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully we can sign Thompson. Although I can imagine other clubs swooping in last minute after we've been linked to him for months.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's good, mobile athletic and has an offload... most importantly not a plodder lol.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven’t they heard of a telephone or email? Seems a long way to go to negotiate. Thompson must be in the bag if he went all the way over there or it’s a smoke screen for something else.....
Im in real estate and 1 thing we swear by to close a deal is face to face has a much better success rate id imagine it would be the same

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the battle of the bullshit artists.

Rothfield: Met Thompson but NOT Holbrook.
Danny Wiedler: Met player agents AND didn't deny meeting Holbrook.

Just have to wait for NRL Lurker, TripleM's Dobbo and Brent Read to have a crack.
Thompson will end up at Souths

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven’t they heard of a telephone or email? Seems a long way to go to negotiate. Thompson must be in the bag if he went all the way over there or it’s a smoke screen for something else.....
100 million % its a smoke screen. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they both come over.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We baulked at his transfer fee in November last year when we made our first enquires, don’t know what’s changed... I believe he’s on his way to Souths.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It could be on the sly holbrook has told thompson he’s coming to us and to sign with us ,i find holbrooks comments about re signing and being very non committal about re signing with st helens to me is a big signal he may be leaving i just hope its with us.