Other News Source The Consolidated Trbojevic Brothers Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd say Tom is worth $1.3 million and Jake over $1 million. More like $2.4 million for both. If they sign for way less at Manly then they're costing themselves over $1 million over the length of the deal.

If Manly do have to pay more due to a bidding war, that means they'll have close to $4 million tied up in three players. Players like Fainu, Cust, Fonua-Blake, Taupau, Waddell etc could all be persuaded to leave due to cap pressure as Manly wont be able to match others clubs offers for those guys.

I'd happily take Fainu and Cust as a consolation prize for a fifth of he cost.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dce $1.2m a year minimum
Marty T $650k to $700k minimum
AFB $600k to $650 minimum
Tom T $1.1m minimum
Jake T $900k to $1m minimum

$4.4m on five players, what’s your thoughts I think it’s doable considering TPA and shit.
I agree with the notion of what you are saying but I think you're stretching on AFB, I dont think he's getting $600+ (I think he is great btw).
The point is, IF Manly spend $2m a year on the turbos, plus the $1m+ for DCE, the rest of their salary cap will be stretched pretty thin with a best case player average salary of $244k (Assuming DCE is only on $1m but I think its more). The you factor in Tapau, AFB, Walker, etc who are all on more than this, pushes the average salary down further.
That said, the rest of their roster is largely currently 'no-name' players who are up and coming like Fainu and Cust, so most wont be earning huge $$.

Given the turbos are unlikely to leave, it gives us a better chance of getting a player like AFB, Fainu, Cust, etc with the dollars they have tied up elsewhere.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were never going to sign em..

I’d sign Lomax, xerri, Dylan brown and bailey Simonson..

DWZ
SMITH
LOMAX
XERRI
SIMONSON

that’s a very good and a well priced 1-5.

Go all out on
Dylan brown and a halfback and sign turpin

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We were never going to sign em..

I’d sign Lomax, xerri, Dylan brown and bailey Simonson..

DWZ
SMITH
LOMAX
XERRI
SIMONSON

that’s a very good and a well priced 1-5.

Go all out on
Dylan brown and a halfback and sign turpin
Didn't we have Simonsen in the lower grades a few year ago?

Dylan Brown should absolutely be a target but he might get Ash Taylor type money from a desperate club before he's really earnt it.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't we have Simonsen in the lower grades a few year ago?

Dylan Brown should absolutely be a target.
Not sure, I thought he was a product of the all blacks world sevens squad

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On controversy corner tonight that old drunk boozefield said Manly have offered Tom $1.1m and 900k for Jake. Turtleneck is on $1.3m which is $3.3m a season for all 3. Thats over 30% of the cap for 3 players.

Interesting point which boozefield brought up and which toovey agreed to, was that the Penn's are looking at selling Manly in the next 12-18 months, and that they need to re-sign the Turbo brothers so the sale is appealing. If this is true, i can see the Penn's going all out with re-signing the bros. so in return they get maximum sale value
Interesting point ..

You would think though any prospective buyer would do due diligence before buying the club and wouldn’t take much to realise they’re going to be busting the cap

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des back ending contracts again

I’d take Marty, Fonua Blake, Fainu from Manly instead

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Interesting point ..

You would think though any prospective buyer would do due diligence before buying the club and wouldn’t take much to realise they’re going to be busting the cap
It's vintage Des Hasler... buys players and pays them overs on heavily back-ended contracts.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des back ending contracts again

I’d take Marty, Fonua Blake, Fainu from Manly instead
Agree, if we miss out on the Trbos pillage the rest we need. Fainu looks the goods and some nice props yes please. Then somehow snag a quality outside back/Fullback. DWZ possibly long term if fits

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So long as we steer well clear of arse clown Walker or any of the “left overs” such as Elliott the Ranga centre Sirronen etc... then so be it. I’d only take one of their front row or hooker

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe thats the idea... drive the Manly cap up so hard we fuck Hasler over for what he did to us.

But make it so obvious because its played out in the media.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
On league life they we're talking to the Trbojevic's + mum and dad. I don't think they'll leave Manly tbh. If anyone is intrested it will be replayed tonight on fox league 502 at 11.30pm

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
On league life they we're talking to the Trbojevic's + mum and dad. I don't think they'll leave Manly tbh. If anyone is intrested it will be replayed tonight on fox league 502 at 11.30pm
Yes I watched it top family have bought them up well very entrenched in the area

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
jake isnt worth a million. Tom probably is however he has lots of injuries...so is he?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Does anyone really think they will leave Manly, seriously?

The best we can do is make Des pay stupid amounts to keep them and watch them go belly up again. Not surprisingly Des will jump ship again just before the explosion and all and sundry will beat off about how good Hasler is as a coach.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone really think they will leave Manly, seriously?

The best we can do is make Des pay stupid amounts to keep them and watch them go belly up again. Not surprisingly Des will jump ship again just before the explosion and all and sundry will beat off about how good Hasler is as a coach.
EXACTLY !!!!!!

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the notion of what you are saying but I think you're stretching on AFB, I dont think he's getting $600+ (I think he is great btw).
The point is, IF Manly spend $2m a year on the turbos, plus the $1m+ for DCE, the rest of their salary cap will be stretched pretty thin with a best case player average salary of $244k (Assuming DCE is only on $1m but I think its more). The you factor in Tapau, AFB, Walker, etc who are all on more than this, pushes the average salary down further.
That said, the rest of their roster is largely currently 'no-name' players who are up and coming like Fainu and Cust, so most wont be earning huge $$.

Given the turbos are unlikely to leave, it gives us a better chance of getting a player like AFB, Fainu, Cust, etc with the dollars they have tied up elsewhere.
Yeah probably stretching it on $600k but he would be on minimum $500k there was heaps of clubs chasing him before Dessie signed him up for a further 3 years if my memory serves me right, plus walker is off contract at seasons end and most likely will be let go,and rumoured to be on around $600k so that frees up some cash, and the turbos are on decent coin already so it would only be upgrades you’d think walkers $600k would cover the top ups for jake and Tom trbojevic. I think it’s doable, I mean the storm did it with Cronk smith slater Munster for years, and they weren’t on peanuts, fainu will be happy with $250k and playing FG week in and week out, Api will be let go as well me thinks.