Rhyse Martin - 24 minutes of crap

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yesterday’s performance by Martin has to be just about the worst I have seen for a long time.
He played only 24 minutes but was totally out of puff just about the whole time, he couldn’t even get off the ground after making a tackle and would have been penalized twice if we weren’t already 30 points behind.
His goal line defense was pathetic and he made 3 runs and 10 tackles in his 24 minutes of crap.

So yeah harsh criticism for him, but he played so much better last season after making his NRL debut at 25. There is no question his football has gone backwards this season and he is unfit for an NRL player.

I have read he is a poor trainer and not one of Dean Pay’s favorites and Dean certainly has not got the best out of him. Is this a perfect example of Pay’s inability as a coach or is it because Martin has already teed up his move to another club and doesn’t give a fuck beyond his pay cheque or is it because Martin was and will only ever be at reserve grade standard?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know the true story behind the one year contract, was it the club or the player who wanted that.

Pay isn't a good coach and isn't a good man manager. From what you read he doesn't speak to certain players and we all know he has his favourites.

No team can flourish in that environment and I'm yet to see a single player he's improved.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously though, the whole fuckin team is shit. Martin was shit but have a go at everyone else aswell. They can all fuck off and a very few players could stay but I couldn't give a shit if we have a completely new 17 for 2021. This is a **** of a side

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seemed to have been slotted into DH at the end, can't remember if he was there for his whole 24min or not. He was slotted into HB last week.

Fitness seems to be an issue generally for our players...they don't chase the kick very well, slow to get into position defensively, slowly wander back when we are rucking it out, they don't get up in the opposition faces in defence as often as other teams, don't pin the opposition in their 10m as well as we used to.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Going to be a good buy on SC when he moves clubs

Doginator

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He played 15 of those minutes at hooker, not his go! What’s coach would see him as a dummy half

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Martin is one of the best all round players we have along with CHN. They know their worth and playing under Pay has them playing like garbage.. ITS ALL PAY.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played 15 of those minutes at hooker, not his go! What’s coach would see him as a dummy half
After ~60 mins as a HALFBACK last week.
I think I've seen it all now.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously though, the whole fuckin team is shit. Martin was shit but have a go at everyone else aswell. They can all fuck off and a very few players could stay but I couldn't give a shit if we have a completely new 17 for 2021. This is a **** of a side
Yeah but watching yesterday I thought Martin looked like he didn't give a shit. While a lot of players are playing like crap, I put that down to a poor structure because of poor coaching, poor use of the bench and players being played out of position and not used to their strengths, I still think most of the squad is trying, but yesterday Martin not so much.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah but watching yesterday I thought Martin looked like he didn't give a shit. While a lot of players are playing like crap, I put that down to a poor structure because of poor coaching, poor use of the bench and players being played out of position and not used to their strengths, I still think most of the squad is trying, but yesterday Martin not so much.
You can add Jacko to your list.

You can add CHN to your list.

You can add Reimus to your list.

You can add Floppa to your list.

All looked disinterested. Look at their stats. Martin played hooker so metres were down but what was JJ's excuse.

All were out of position or fed up with it all.

The rest were just in the hopeless category except for Foran.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the players form has dropped & it's Pays fault we all know these players are better than this we saw it on the winning run we had at the end of last year.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
looks like pay is fucking around with rhyse martin, so rhyse is returning the favor and not giving a fuck either when on the field, it comes back to pay has lost the lockyer room

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
None of these players look like they care with pay as coach, expect Fozzy busting his arse, don’t know why as it’s all for nothing with the rest of the team not giving a fuck...!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
None of these players look like they care with pay as coach, expect Fozzy busting his arse, don’t know why as it’s all for nothing with the rest of the team not giving a fuck...!!
He owes us a 2 year million dollar performance so far...about time. He has a conscious. Good on him.

Malla

Reaction score
Pay should be blamed for his development of lack thereof. Martin is clearly and confidence player however he is very skilled with a heap of attacking talent.
Does Pay get the best out of him? No
Does Pay give him confidence to play his natural game? No.

I see a lot of tentativeness from Martin which I think is a direct result of the way Pay coaches him. It’s probably led to Martin losing a bit of interest hence effecting his fitness.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Martin should have been on with 5-10 to go in first half. Not fucking 60 minutes into the game when it's well and truly gone.

Pays fucking these guys enthusiam and needs to go.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Martin should have been on with 5-10 to go in first half. Not fucking 60 minutes into the game when it's well and truly gone.

Pays fucking these guys enthusiam and needs to go.
Be interesting to see how he goes for PNG. It's his big chance to show everyone what he's got.

A

Alexander the Great

You will try your best to not perform when your trying to get fired...