Soccer FIFA Womens world cup

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
USA smashed up Thailand 13 nil a couple of days ago.

The way the US were celebrating has dividend opinion. Basically, they kept celebrating like they'd won the cup even on the 9th, 10th, 11th etc goals.

i'm all for going for it as hard as possible and scoring as many goals as you can (they want to make sure they finish top of their pool after all), and for some its their first goal in a world cup etc, but there's a point where its time to tone it down. That Thai goalie must have been shattered.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

The way the US were celebrating has dividend opinion. Basically, they kept celebrating like they'd won the cup even on the 9th, 10th, 11th etc goals.

i'm all for going for it as hard as possible and scoring as many goals as you can (they want to make sure they finish top of their pool after all), and for some its their first goal in a world cup etc, but there's a point where its time to tone it down. That Thai goalie must have been shattered.
just seen that now, what a bunch of ***** acting like that

Australia comeback from 0-2 down to win the game but I don't like that final own goal being allowed to stand, kerr was offside so the defender is only under pressure from her

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

American girls are bitches, what more can you say.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just seen that now, what a bunch of ***** acting like that

Australia comeback from 0-2 down to win the game but I don't like that final own goal being allowed to stand, kerr was offside so the defender is only under pressure from her
I couldn't give a shit we needed that win.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

If you don't want the other team to celebrate then stop them from scoring.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Great comeback by the Matildas!

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently if we beat Jamaica we are almost certain to get out of group stage as one of the remaining 4 teams that go through even without finishing top two of our group

Wahesh

Reaction score
Mattie's beat Jamaica 4-1. Sam Kerr scored all 4 goals.

Brazil 1 - 0 Italy (their women dive as well).

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On the topic of women's sports - are you all warming to the idea of watching them?

I recall a few years ago, the quality was terrible and it was unwatchable for me. But I find myself slightly more and more interested (but it could also just be my patriotism for this great country coming through). I may even watch the womens SOO this Friday - I remember last years' was a good spectacle.

I mean ... TBF I really shouldn't complain about quality when I have an A-league membership LOL

Wahesh

Reaction score
On the topic of women's sports - are you all warming to the idea of watching them?

I recall a few years ago, the quality was terrible and it was unwatchable for me. But I find myself slightly more and more interested (but it could also just be my patriotism for this great country coming through). I may even watch the womens SOO this Friday - I remember last years' was a good spectacle.

I mean ... TBF I really shouldn't complain about quality when I have an A-league membership LOL
I love women's sports but rugby league isn't one of them. It's too soft for me lol. The soccer is better IMO. To think that just 20 years ago the Matties did not win 1 game in the 1999 World Cup to being the powerhouse they are now is amazing.

However having said that I'm not really a big fan of women's revolution in all sport world wide (just look at WWE for example) - I'm happy for them but I don't like the way the media shine a light on it like they do.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I'm with you JB. I thought that the women's SoO was a great advertisement for the sport last year to be honest. Sure it wasn't full of huge hits but the skill level was excellent (very little dropped ball, accurate passes, precise running etc). I'll certainly be watching again on Friday night.
As for the soccer, I was up this morning to watch the Matildas against the Jamaicans and I was suitably impressed.
Sam Kerr scoring four is a brilliant effort and puts her up with the best strikers in both the women's and men's game in Australia IMO. She sure knows how to score a goal and makes it look easy (....and she's also very humble). A great role model up there with Ash Barty.
In honesty, if you follow soccer or tennis, the women have been leading the way in Australia....and good luck to them.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Glad to know I am not the only one. :sweatsmile:

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
some of these soccer players are hottttttt!!!

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Perhaps but Alanna Ferguson is a former Rugby League player, and a mother, and shits on the best one from great heights!

Oh come on brother and play fair!
Alanna F is representative of <1% of league players......(......either that or I've seriously been watching the wrong games!) :grimacing:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Oh come on brother and play fair!
Alanna F is representative of <1% of league players......(......either that or I've seriously been watching the wrong games!) :grimacing:
Bro I'll take that <1% - you can have the rest.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Disgusting and disgraceful that you are objectifying this woman.

This woman is a mother, a wife, and her baby may one day grow up to read these comments.

MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH!