News SCG set to host NRL grand final after ANZ renovation

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the SCG isn’t ideal but it’s only for a couple of years
This was the venue until the SFS was built which had a smaller capacity at the time
Generations have watched GF there over the years

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have been at ANZ for so long now people are just used to a shit atmosphere and being miles from the field. 2021 could be a massive year if we get the recruiting right and get BankWest packed out when the bandwagoners return.
I know that ANZ is not ideal but will be a lot better once the capacity is reduced and the two ends are bought right in
Should give us that enclosed feeling and bring the crowd closer to the action

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know that ANZ is not ideal but will be a lot better once the capacity is reduced and the two ends are bought right in
Should give us that enclosed feeling and bring the crowd closer to the action
What's the reconfiguration capacity going to be though? Still 75k plus? I'm sure it will be better once renovated but even then it's too large for most club games and won't create the same atmosphere as Bankwest would with 30-35k there.

The sound Bankwest generates even with 15k there is amazing. I doubt you could replicate that at ANZ even once its renovated.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the reconfiguration capacity going to be though? Still 75k plus? I'm sure it will be better once renovated but even then it's too large for most club games and won't create the same atmosphere as Bankwest would with 30-35k there.

The sound Bankwest generates even with 15k there is amazing. I doubt you could replicate that at ANZ even once its renovated.
The capacity is going to be around 70/75K
I totally agree with you regarding BankWest and the atmosphere,it’s just the perfect size
The club looks at the dollars being paid by ANZ and that’s it
It won’t be ideal but a slight improvement
My main concern is what’s dished up on the field in all honesty

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
MEMBERS UPDATE ON ANZ
STADIUM RE-DEVELOPMENT

Dear Members,

I thought it important to give you an update on the plans for the re-development of ANZ Stadium moving forward to let you know where the Bulldogs are positioned.

Government has announced that the re-development of ANZ Stadium will now commence after the State of Origin match in Sydney next year.

This date will be confirmed in due course. Once the re-development has commenced it is anticipated that the work will be completed by February 2023.

What, therefore, does this mean for you as Bulldogs Members?

Because of the commencement date the Bulldogs will continue to play their home matches at ANZ Stadium up until the re-development date.

The club will decide where to play our additional home matches in the coming months, once we have official dates for work beginning at ANZ Stadium.

There will be a number of options to consider and we will look at each of those.

One option will be to play matches at Bankwest Stadium. You as Members will get a chance to experience that ground when we take on the Penrith Panthers on Saturday 3rd August at 5-30 pm. I urge everyone to come along that day to try out this new State-of-the-art Stadium and get an idea of the spectator experience there.

We will also look at other stadium options that are presented to us.

As promised you will be the first to know as soon as we have more news on our schedule of matches for next season.

Thanks for your continued support.

Andrew Hill – Chief Executive
Sweet we can knock on the Parrasuker Eels Ground for a at least a year!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It probably would have been better to finish the new SFS before renovating ANZ, surely?

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Something only our Reserve Grade teams know about.
True their the defending premiers THE RESERVE GRADE TEAM SHOULD TURN OUR NRL SIDE INTO A LAUGHING STOCK CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE ACHIEVED IN RESERVE GRADE AND WHAT OUR FIRST GRADE SIDE ARE ACHEVING SND THEIR STILL NOT GETTING A CRACK IN FIRST GRADE

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyways we’re going to end up spending overs on a marquee signing just hope it’s the right one!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Screw Queensland.... we have to endure another four years of coalition government thanks to those jerks :p

They should take it rural. Play it on a cow paddock in Coonabarabran
What’s wrong with a coalition government? Labor we’re going to put their hands in my pocket with all their dumb taxes. They were going to discourage investors in buying property and in turn it would have a reverse effect on property prices. Property prices which I borrowed a lot of money for and eroding all the equity I had leaving me with jack shit after 25 years of hard work. How’s that for rewarding the hard workers of this country! Yes, it would of helped first home buyers get into the market which is a good thing but at who’s expense? At the expense of someone who’s busted their arse for many years. Have you seen Shorten running on the news, he runs like a duck, thank goodness we don’t have a prime minister who runs like a duck. How embarrassing

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Screw Queensland.... we have to endure another four years of coalition government thanks to those jerks :p

They should take it rural. Play it on a cow paddock in Coonabarabran
What’s wrong with a coalition government?

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, what's a grand final again?
You know, it’s the game we’ve played twice in over the last seven years. You know, it’s the game that we have featured in once every four years on average over the last 40 years and won 6 times in that period as well. C’mon, your team holds the record since 1980(4 decades) for the most premierships equal with the Broncos. Your team holds the record for most premiership in the last 40 years and you don’t know what a Grand Final is because of a few lean years?? Geeeez

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GF info won’t bother us haha but looks like BankWest will be our home soon!
We could just use belmore...we lose there as well as anywhere else at the moment and it comfortably accomodates 10,000 which will be our top home crowd for the next 5 years

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Play at Belmore, fark BankWest, nice ground in a shit location, plus we will get screwed for seat allocation, I for one won’t go to a single game there. If that’s the plan then I’ll drop my membership to a non attending one.

Go Dogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What’s wrong with a coalition government? Labor we’re going to put their hands in my pocket with all their dumb taxes. They were going to discourage investors in buying property and in turn it would have a reverse effect on property prices. Property prices which I borrowed a lot of money for and eroding all the equity I had leaving me with jack shit after 25 years of hard work. How’s that for rewarding the hard workers of this country! Yes, it would of helped first home buyers get into the market which is a good thing but at who’s expense? At the expense of someone who’s busted their arse for many years. Have you seen Shorten running on the news, he runs like a duck, thank goodness we don’t have a prime minister who runs like a duck. How embarrassing
Our dying planet says hi!