doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tolman has been very good but i agree ogden isn’t getting enough minutes

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even when papi was our hilly he wasn’t getting many mins. Like 17 min first stint and 14 the second.

Think he got 22-24 mins over the weekend. I’d love to know if it comes down to not having the legs to continue or pay just prefers the experienced boys.

But yeh. Easily our most impactful forward and was dropped at the start of the week :unamused: not even sure how that’s possible. But Elliot who does less in more time is first choice every week.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd love for Ogden to start but even if he comes off the bench, there's no reason he still can't play 40-50 minutes.

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ogden and Big Papa should be the starting props.
Agree 100 %
Even when he is on dont let him touch the ball in the 3/4/5th tackle
He always goes for the settler with no offload nothing

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t drop Tolman completely he’s our experience

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love this site. Plenty of out there comments. But when you are in a losing team crazy suggestions to pop up. Tolman has been arguable the best Forward in our team. and not just in defence. Where he plays could be discussed but he has to be in the team somewhere.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I was thinking more that Ogden should be our starting prop and Napa off the bench. Ogden has earnt a run on position IMO and Napa is more suited to short sharp stints. Napa hasn't really impressed me yet.

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tolman offers very little in attack but defensively and in clean up work he is outstanding. Limit his hit ups - don't pass him the ball use as a decoy. On the rae occasionas the dogs make a break Tolman is often in support - bothers me that the faster players who should be in support are way behind the play.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont want Tolman dropped, but i definately think Ogden is not getting enough time on the field..

And the conservative approach that Pay is taking is clearly not working ... so its time to throw caution to the wind.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team needs a complete overhaul. Tolman has been our starting prop since 2011. Its time to move on. We need big strong props. Midgets like Tolman dont cut it anymore. Starting with him and Jackson in the middle everyweek is suicide. There too small we are getting monstered. Its one or the other not both. We have Jackson we dont need Tolman.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would probably have more impact off the bench rather than being worked to death.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We need Tolman for his token dropped balls and soft hitups on the 4th tackle.

Tolman is a prop that belongs in a different era. Maybe the 70s. He would thrive at melbourne because their star studded team can carry the odd unskilled minimum wage player.

You need big (xxl) steamrollers who have leg speed, can pop an offload and occasionally bust the line and run 30-40 metres. Does our coaching staff and recruitment not watch any of the top 8 teams?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would be great if Pay atleast stopped playing him for an entire half of footy.