What happened Kennel last time with mass team changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I like everyone else wanna blow a gasket for pays team changes.
But let us not forget last time mass changes were made we won our first game .
Let us see what the result this Saturday will be after Full time.
I’ll be the first to give the coach a well done for having the guts to make those changes.
The guys that were dropped early season and who have now been re-instated would have worked on what they were asked by the coach.
Let’s just wait and see.
Over to you guys for your thoughts?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have to remember this is the same coach that started the season with our best fullback Meaney in reserve grade and our best attacking edge 2nd rower in CHN as a middle forward off the bench.

I just don't think he really knows what he's doing. I honestly think there's very little thought process and strategy behind these decisions.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we win that ain’t because the Coach

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Kennel Logic.

Lose a game: "Rah Rah Rah make changes Rah Rah Rah".
*changes get made* "FFS Why did that dickhead make changes FFS What a shit coach".

Frankly I'm getting a bit sick of it. Every second post in every bloody thread.

We can't do anything about it, so people just need to either put up and shut up, or go support a more successful side until we start winning games.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kennel Logic.

Lose a game: "Rah Rah Rah make changes Rah Rah Rah".
*changes get made* "FFS Why did that dickhead make changes FFS What a shit coach".

Frankly I'm getting a bit sick of it. Every second post in every bloody thread.

We can't do anything about it, so people just need to either put up and shut up, or go support a more successful side until we start winning games.
If he made more logical decisions, he'd be getting applauded instead of roasted. The people you're alluding to are more reasonable than you give them credit for.

Questioning obviously questionable selections and tactics and doubting whether a coach with a 10-23 record or whatever it is doesn't make you a bad supporter.

Everyone on here is obviously passionate and supports the club. Doesn't mean you're not entitled to an opinion and you can't express your frustration after years of decline.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What happened the week after the changes.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If he made more logical decisions, he'd be getting applauded instead of roasted. The people you're alluding to are more reasonable than you give them credit for.

Questioning obviously questionable selections and tactics and doubting whether a coach with a 10-23 record or whatever it is doesn't make you a bad supporter.

Everyone on here is obviously passionate and supports the club. Doesn't mean you're not entitled to an opinion and you can't express your frustration after years of decline.
It's just people being impatient. Every second post having a go at Pay won't make a world of difference. The board and Pay understand with such a new roster it'll take time.

Would be like bringing up a Flegg side to NRL and expecting them to smash sides straight away.

People whinged about Hasler but the fact remains he had us playing well, with a decent side. Take away those players and you have a lack of NRL game experience.

I doubt any coach would make a difference to our current situation.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's just people being impatient. Every second post having a go at Pay won't make a world of difference. The board and Pay understand with such a new roster it'll take time.

Would be like bringing up a Flegg side to NRL and expecting them to smash sides straight away.

People whinged about Hasler but the fact remains he had us playing well, with a decent side. Take away those players and you have a lack of NRL game experience.

We've been patient for the last five years of decline, turmoil and player turnover.. Everyone understands the situation the club is in and no one is demanding instant success at all. That doesn't mean we can't be competitive and be more positive in attack...

Hasler didn't have us playing well. We were consistently mediocre for years. The team couldn't beat top 4 teams for years and were as predictable in attack as a team could possibly be. He needed to go, but it's clear that Pay wasn't the right choice to replace him. Nor was it the right decision to extend him when he hadn't proven anything yet.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Hey Mr I, We would win if we had Xerri as a mid season signing :tonguewink:

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
He should have had basic structures set up and working like clockwork by now.Everyone knows he has a bad roster but to still be making the same mistakes in defence is poor coaching.I can see that the players are not strong enough in the tackle at first contact,that is not skill that is strength and conditioning skills that have not been programmed properly.
Having had a look at games at 2,4 &6 the same players have not progressed physically in the contest.By now the weights program should have been changed to do that but I will bet they are still doing the same program they have been doing since round one....Poor coaching by not identifying and changing.Coach needs to get some experienced help in or get an experienced coach.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I reckon we should swap out half the team every week, we may a crack at making the grand final going by your logic.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Coach needs to get some experienced help in or get an experienced coach.
If our club was smart they'd fuck off Penna (Asst Coach) and Antonelli (Defensive coach), and bring in Griffin or Toovey to work alongside Pay.

I do think he has head coach potential, but he needs help.

Just like our players are asking for help and it's falling on his deaf ears.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to remember this is the same coach that started the season with our best fullback Meaney in reserve grade and our best attacking edge 2nd rower in CHN as a middle forward off the bench.

I just don't think he really knows what he's doing. I honestly think there's very little thought process and strategy behind these decisions.
From what I understand is Pay has left us with no Goal kicker

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran for Lewis would’ve been enough changes for me this week.

If we’d had any half other than Lewis last week we probably would’ve won.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Last time there was mass changes was because Pay fucked the first 2 rounds really badly by choosing a really shit line up after a 6 month off season then realised he fucked up and chose the right team....

Pay is useless

Status
Not open for further replies.