Who still here believes we can make the 8?

Who still here believes we can make the 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I did your right, at least 11 games. I really think this year will come down to for and against because the comp is so close the bottom 8 teams are beating top 8 teams more regularly so 11 games would be an absolute minimum. At least two upsets out of storm,roosters and rabbits will be needed. Not out of the question if we play our best footy.

11 wins needed out of the 17 remaining games.

4 out of 17 games against rabbits, roosters and storm.

i think we play them during origin time so they will be light on troops and we would have Foran back (but Nappa out)

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we can’t beat a depleted Manly team this Saturday missing their two best including halfback and captain then shut this thread down

Looking at that Manly team we should fancy our chances of a good win

And fk Des

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
No way we will make the top 8. This year and next year are already a write off. Life is easier to take when you accept this.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
11 wins needed out of the 17 remaining games.

4 out of 17 games against rabbits, roosters and storm.

i think we play them during origin time so they will be light on troops and we would have Foran back (but Nappa out)
11 wins from 17 games , not unless some miracle happens

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if the boys start well and play for 80 anything is possible.. Tbh I just want to see effort and to be competitive.. I want to see Deano keep making the right changes at the right times.. I think over the next few weeks we will bleed a young CENTRE and hopefully see more of Brown.. once we fave fox back I hope Cogger stays at either 9 or 14.. I am liking what Marshall is doing at 9 though..

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can be 5-5 by round 11, maybe.

We are up against a DCE-less Manly, followed by a grudge match against The Chloecastle Knights, followed by the Tits, who just lost one of their best players for the season.

Not saying it aint possible, but the next 3 weeks will determine whether we win the spoon, or finish 15th IMHO
I hope Naps takes Klein’s head clear off his shoulders.. Just saying, no hard feelings but lol

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
So we're relying on other teams to lose their important players, pray to all the Gods we make the 8, only to get sodomised in the 1st week of the finals?

Fknlol.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we're relying on other teams to lose their important players, pray to all the Gods we make the 8, only to get sodomised in the 1st week of the finals?

Fknlol.
May be the case but the experience would be invaluable

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Much better than not making the finals, for us fans and more importantly the players' experience of playing in finals, which is invaluable.

Go Dogs

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being equal 10th is higher than I thought we'd be at this stage.

Should we beat the Beagles, and the Cheats beat the Peptides, we'll be equal 9th. Again, not what I expected.

glass half full

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly would like to just win 2 games in a row at this stage. Under Dean Pay, we've only strung consecutive wins together twice - let that sink in for a moment.

On the other hand we've lost 3+ games in a row on 5x different occasions!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok 11 out of 16 needed now.

still doable.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No... if I was Sportsbet and co I would suspend betting or have us at $1.01 to miss the 8. My opinion is there are many more lows for us to go through this year but there will be enough highs to keep us interested.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping they can but with the most inexperienced roster of any team in the NRL we'll only continue to improve as the season progresses and again into 2020. There are a lot of teams still on the same point as us so if we can string a few wins together they'll be just outside the 8........with a number of new players from other clubs and those coming up from the NSW Cup we'll surprise a few teams in the back half of the season as we did last year. We not only need to get Foran and Napa back on the park in peak fitness but I would say now is the time to bring up a few from the Canterbury Cup.......Toomaga was a star in that competition last year and should be on the bench at least for us sooner rather than later. Not knocking Okunbor he certainly has size, potential and age on his side but he has been shown up on more than one occasion and he is the fastest winger I've seen but he does have size and that's what we need. I would consider bringing Crichton back for a few games as he's a good finisher and has more pace. Morgan Harper is another Canterbury Cup player who is knocking on the door for a first grade call up.