Aiden Tolman

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Definitely underrated. Also hardly ever gets injured, i think he missed 8 games in the last 8 years or something like that.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
a must player to have in the team but not at what we are probably paying him and definitely not a million bucks.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rarely misses a tackle or makes a mistake, invaluable to our team, particularly for our young blokes.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do yourselves a favour and look at the player stats from the game against the tigers. Tolman had one of the quickest average play the ball speeds in that game. He ran really hard on the weekend as well. He just does the little things that count

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loves a hit up on the 4th
I was annoyed with him Last year because he seemed to be getting in the way & and wasting 4th & sometimes 5th Tackles and I seem to remember nearly all of us felt like that on this forum & it seemed to overshadow all the good that he does on the field, However I suspect that this had a lot to do with our hooker & Desball, I will admit that I was very unfair to Tolman and have changed my opinion of him, He is a work horse and great defender & a real Bulldog and every thing that he does seems to be for the good of the club, he has been with us through thick & thin for many years now, He is a great role model & leader for the young fellers in our team and it seems he will finish his career with us, & I hope when that times comes that we can give him the proper send of he deserves, I'm truly glad that this thread was posted so that we can apologise and show our appreciation to this great player and good Bulldog.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty simple for the coach keep tolman on for 80 and just interchange pappi and ogden
No many props can do this. Tolman could quite easily though. You won't see many props make a hit up from dummy half on the second tackle. He is always there.
Been singing his praises for years. He is always heavily criticized on here.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do yourselves a favour and look at the player stats from the game against the tigers. Tolman had one of the quickest average play the ball speeds in that game. He ran really hard on the weekend as well. He just does the little things that count
Where do you find these kinds of stats?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Behind a half decent hooker he gets some momentum in his runs and looks much better. I think he's invaluable to the team and copped undue criticism given the effort he's always applied. I hope he stays at the club and keeps performing till retirement. When Ennis was our hooker people were still calling for him to play origin. Lichaa comes along and he's suddenly the most hated prop in our team. I think we're going to see the best of Tolman over the next couple of years.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Behind a half decent hooker he gets some momentum in his runs and looks much better. I think he's invaluable to the team and copped undue criticism given the effort he's always applied. I hope he stays at the club and keeps performing till retirement. When Ennis was our hooker people were still calling for him to play origin. Lichaa comes along and he's suddenly the most hated prop in our team. I think we're going to see the best of Tolman over the next couple of years.
The quicker we can dump lichaa the better. Tolman is a solid player and a quality human being.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always rated Tolman. Does all the 1% plays well, solid in defence, strong kick chase (likely due to taking the 4th hit up), covers others in defence.
Might not break the line or put on massive hits but every team needs the bloke who'll reliably get the job done.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is extremely unfairly criticised and an underrated workhorse.
Tolman for us is invaluable, leads from the front and doesnt let you down.
I am definitely happy to have him in our team and he wouldnt be out of place as captain (As much as I respect Jacko).
I agree with what was said above, he actually seems to have lifted another gear this year and is running harder as well.
Onya Tolman, you're a legend

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This bloke has been copping it for years because he does not bust tackles like Taumalolo and does not whack in defence like Napa.

Bloke is worth a million bucks to this club. Turns up every week, does the dirty work no other forward does. When it comes to defence, Tolman and Finucane are the best in the league, by a country mile.

A country kid with a country mentality! Play the 80th minute like the 1st. Doesnt have 2 bad games in a season. Mr consistent!

Worth every penny the club is paying him
I agree with you, FN Des stuffed up his game and the rest off the team

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aiden Tolman has been bagged over the years for his 4th man hitups. I think it's safe to say the issue all along was Lichaa and possibly Hasler.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Aiden Tolman has been bagged over the years for his 4th man hitups. I think it's safe to say the issue all along was Lichaa and possibly Hasler.
You could see on Sunday as soon as Lichaa came on we had a attacking set on the Tigers line and it was all short balls for forwards and it bought back memories of the worst set of six in history against the Cowboys a few years ago.

Lichaa is the root cause of most of the teams issues over the last few years.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It's only overs because its backended though.
There was no need. I'm not sure how he survived out of Graham and Klemmer, but anyway that's done and dusted.