• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So .... Pay has actually made a lot of changes which is great to see as they needed to be made.

In my mind it's about attitude, so hopefully this puts a rocket up the boys' arses and gets them at the very least competing for the full 80min. Clearly we're weaker than we all thought in the preseason, let's just get back to competing and staying up there for the entire game.

Do that for the next 2-3 rounds, and even if we lose we've got a platform to build on. We've just got to compete
We led 10-0 on the weekend.. We should have scored more considering how much ball we had but the attacking structures were as poor as Des days. Need a real coach. Im down for Holbrook or Hook.

Last edited:

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Morgan Harper should be given a go was endorsed by Josh morris

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fualalo was good. Sue was a shocker. Okenbour as much as I like him had a shocker in NSW cup on Saturday and I honestly thought he’s looking at a Ron Massey Cup stint after his performance. I guess it goes to the route of our desperation. Meaney also had a shocker. I’d honestly prefer a Rod Silva boot up again instead of these park footballers.
Rocket's in his 50s, but it would be interesting to see how he goes :grinning:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
13:Jacko
12:Martin
11: CHN
10:Tolman
9:Cogger I'm dreaming Lichaa
8:Sue
The pack needs variety. Hence sue starting.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well it's another way of thinking about it. People would of just complained that we couldn't do anything offensive/defensive wise on our left side. We also don't know if Holland and Smith would play as well together as they did last season. Across the whole team we're worse, hard to say really.
So let's not try what worked? Your thinking is giving me a headache

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thats not possible the issue is we had rubbish coming off the bench ogden is alot better
It is possible. Just work the rostaions better.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nu Brown will be back on the field as well this weekend. He will probably need a few weeks to find his feet again.
@Spoonman84 where did you hear/read that? It's great news but I didn't think he'd even started contact training yet as he had a few setbacks.

Ayoub mentioned in injury report a week ago he was about 3-4 weeks away.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Daily Telegraph understands Pay is set to make at least four changes for Sunday’s crucial clash against the Wests Tigers:
I will believe it when I see it. The press conference was a series of statements like We are a young side...the youngest side in the competition...our first thirty minutes were good... nothing to indicate he was going to drop anyone just giving excuses as to why we are struggling.

I am sorry but our defence will not improve with Jayden there... :upset:

I don't know; some of the guys who could possibly get a call up may be a gamble but gee we have to do something or before we know it we will be at Round 6 without a win to our name. Defence is good for the first twenty five to thirty and then once the prop rotation starts the back ups can't keep up the work rate. Montoya was a turnstile again so he has to go but Mariner has made 79 tackles ( 7 missed 25th worst in the game- however we also have another five team mates in the top 50 for that stat ) in his two games and is our best by around 17 tackles from CHN and Tolman...

I stayed until the bitter end yesterday but it saddened me to see so many of the fans start leaving after the first ten minutes of the second half...yes that early, but then again I suppose I can't blame them as it was truly demoralizing to see us capitulate again. Yeah some of the tries for Parramatta were lucky( intercepts) and with a bit of luck ourselves we could have had a couple more but realistically we were extremely poor. I can't help but think we have gone backwards to the old ways after a promising nuisance end to 2018.

Once again EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR TRIES was referred to the video ref and NONE of the Parramatta ones were....

Another thing I did notice was the supposed "concussion "interchange of I believe Hoffman ,was a joke because it was a finger in the eye from his team mate which caused his issue; Gower went off holding his shoulder another HIA..

I remember they got hauled over the coals before for it and to my mind they were up to their old tricks yet again.....

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/nrl-to-crackdown-on-exploitation-of-concussion-rule-21149

NRL clubs exploiting the concussion rule to gain a free interchange are set to increasingly come under the microscope, with Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan questioning whether coaches are taking advantage of a loophole.

It's understood the NRL sent a 'please explain' to Parramatta after skipper Tim Mannah had been taken from the field under the head-knock rules in dubious circumstances in round one.

The governing body last week sent a memo to all 16 clubs, reminding them not to abuse the head injury assessment system.

Under NRL rules, a player coming off to receive a concussion test does not count as an interchange and the Eels are under scrutiny over whether they have been using it to their advantage.

Parramatta were forced to deny feigning head knocks in an effort to receive an extra interchange after it was revealed they had used 46 concussion interchanges last year - more than any other club.

Concussion is a hot topic among clubs with former NSW winger James McManus on Friday beginning action in the Supreme Court against Newcastle over their handling of a series of head knocks during his career.

Flanagan said while most clubs were diligent in treating and protecting players who had suffered blows to the head, he hinted that some were using it to their benefit.

"There could be a few times when a player might not be concussed and they use it in that area," Flanagan said.

"But definitely not in a situation where he has a concussion and they put him back on."

All head injury assessments are scrutinised by a panel which includes NRL chief medical officer Paul Bloomfield.

No clubs have been sanctioned or fined over the first two rounds for abuses of the concussion rules but the NRL has put them on notice.

Questions were raised after Mannah came from the field during their opening-round win over Manly for a test after suffering what appeared to be a poke in the eye - a charge denied by the club.

"Our stance is that we look after our players," Eels coach Brad Arthur said.

"If we get told a player needs to come off because of a head assessment, well that's exactly what will happen. If they're allowed to return to the field, that's great. If not, we'll deal with it."

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson said the NRL was attempting to balance two competing interests - looking after players and ensuring clubs didn't abuse the rules for a leg up.

"It's a fine line between are we abusing it or are we doing the right things," Robinson said.

"It's hard to judge. I don't think there's been one sanction from the NRL on concussion. I think it's up to the NRL and, if there's something wrong, they're the governing body."

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliot has to go. Fuck he does nothing
His good enough for 10-20min crazy stints... Once he fatigues he turns to shit.

If he could get some grub into his game and be that lunatic off the bench that can ruffle feathers and swing the game then his worth having in the side.

If Mariner and Ogden can become bruise brother off the bench with Elliot for Jacko at lock, then we might have something.

CHN and Martin have to be our edge forwards... its the biggest no brainer in the whole squad.