• Total voters

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not exactly youngsters... 26 and been around for a while the duds. Fualalo and Sue just struggle as NRL forwards.
Youngsters experience wise. Napa or Tolman has to be on the field at all times.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope "Understands" turns out to be wrong else we are about to cop a hiding.

RFM is just returning from injury and apart from the intercept pass was forming something good with Foran.
Elliott and Jackson done fuck all this year (Jackson only just back from injury too).
Sue surely only survives because he plays his previous club!
CHN has done fuck all.

1. Hoppa at centre was a disaster last year, yet we fall back into that old trap.
2. Ogden, Martin AND Chris Smith deserve to be there. Fuck that dumb **** Lichaa off and pop C Smith on the bench.
3. Crichton and Montoya for Meaney and Okunbor.. LOL oh fuck me... except a cricket score.
4. Danny F wasn't the worst forward out there, and should move to lock imho.

Pay must have money on Tigers 60+, because that's what we are going to cop.
Fualalo was good. Sue was a shocker. Okenbour as much as I like him had a shocker in NSW cup on Saturday and I honestly thought he’s looking at a Ron Massey Cup stint after his performance. I guess it goes to the route of our desperation. Meaney also had a shocker. I’d honestly prefer a Rod Silva boot up again instead of these park footballers.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The forward pack has to be:

Tolman
JMK
Napa
Martin
CHN
Jackson

Elliot
RFM
Ogden
Sue
Without a Fuking doubt... Pay is way over his head if he cant see that. Though I would stick with Lichaa for one more game and tell him listen, if you don't run from dummy half atleast 10 times in this game then that's the last time you see first grade.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's terrible thinking. You don't weaken both sides.
Well it's another way of thinking about it. People would of just complained that we couldn't do anything offensive/defensive wise on our left side. We also don't know if Holland and Smith would play as well together as they did last season. Across the whole team we're worse, hard to say really.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Youngsters experience wise. Napa or Tolman has to be on the field at all times.
I get what you mean but they have been around a while to know what the fcuk is going on... Theyre just plain stupid shit.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor’s defence is definitely not up to scratch. Is there anyone in the reserves that has good defence??

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t agree with all the changes but I do agree with Okunbor, Meaney and Rhyse Martin coming back. The season is over - time to see what the kids are made of. May as well have brought in Harper

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fualalo was good. Sue was a shocker. Okenbour as much as I like him had a shocker in NSW cup on Saturday and I honestly thought he’s looking at a Ron Massey Cup stint after his performance. I guess it goes to the route of our desperation. Meaney also had a shocker. I’d honestly prefer a Rod Silva boot up again instead of these park footballers.
Was thinking the same about Hazem, Atleast he could defend his wing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor’s defence is definitely not up to scratch. Is there anyone in the reserves that has good defence??
Harper is the best defender in reserves but his fitness looks rubbish this season.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah im surprised he is selected in front of harper

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are few in the top grade!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would have liked a few more changes...
Foran to hooker, Cogger into the halves. Elliott not giving us much (CNH in for him) and Lichaa is taking up a valuable spot on the bench which should go to Fualalo.

Okunbor on the wing is going to be interesting... personally, I don’t think he is ready, perhaps Pay is looking for better starts to our sets with his size?
He’s going to be rocks or diamonds. Hopefully goes well and the lift in grade might see the best of him similar to Lewis.. grave concerns on his defence, he’s exposed in Reggie’s let alone NRL level.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So .... Pay has actually made a lot of changes which is great to see as they needed to be made.

In my mind it's about attitude, so hopefully this puts a rocket up the boys' arses and gets them at the very least competing for the full 80min. Clearly we're weaker than we all thought in the preseason, let's just get back to competing and staying up there for the entire game.

Do that for the next 2-3 rounds, and even if we lose we've got a platform to build on. We've just got to compete

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is everyone taking a telecrap article as gospel? Wait until 4pm tomorrow
You beat me to it. I expect some changes. But I'm guessing the telecrap is pulling names out of a hat with this.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need Napa or Tolman on the field at all times. Stupid starting with both and then taking both off to have 2 youngsters on together.
Thats not possible the issue is we had rubbish coming off the bench ogden is alot better

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/03/25/canterbury-cup-highlights-round-2-v-wentworthville/

Watch this and then decide if these changes are really smart. I think a reporters just read Thee Kennel and made an article up.

Wenty Try 1 - Harper races up in defence, Okunbor (dreadlocks) follows to cover Harper and leaves a gaping hole, Meaney starts following the ball with zero urgency despite the obvious about to happen.
Wenty Try 1 - Harper races up in defence, Okunbor woeful in defence, and Meaney tumbles off comically in defence.
Wenty Try 3 - Rhyse Martin and Ogden with pathetic misses in defence. Meaney stands and watches Wenty score.
Wenty Try 4 - Meaney sent back to Parramatta Rd with a fend and they score over top of him.
Dogs final try - Harper tip on to Okunbor.

Martin and Ogden despite 3rd try blunder picked their act up after that and had rather good games (as did Chris Smith).

Now after watching, tell me that Meaney and Okunbor are good ideas, or Harper is worth promoting.