Ex Bulldogs player Tim Pickup missing - UPDATE: FOUND

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tim was a former Bulldog in the 70's and a great player. He has been suffering with dementia and went missing from his retirement home in Narrabeen. If anyone is up that way keep and eye out for him.

He was last seen on Monday night wearing red, blue & black striped polo with beige shorts. He has white hair and unshaven face.
DztxlXUVsAENIUh.jpg

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad, hope he is found OK.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tim Pickup, now there was true footballer, if he hadn't been severely injured in that World Cup game against England I'm sure we would have won the comp in '75 and '76. After he stopped playing he was a director of the Football Club and was a player scout at the same time, no coincidence that it was during that time when we won multiple comps. As a reflection of his service and dedication to the Bulldogs he was awarded Life Membership in the mid '80's. I hope he is found soon.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's very sad to hear. My grandfather had dementia and it was a painful and sad last few years where he would go walkabout once or twice too...

I hope they can find him soon and get him back home or in some care...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...s/news-story/95552719c87064a3273991eb26620ae7

Jim O’Rourke, Manly Daily
February 19, 2019 10:00am

Former NSW and Australian rugby league representative Tim Pickup is missing from his northern beaches retirement home.

Pickup, 70, who lives at the RSL War Vets village in Narrabeen, has dementia and other medical conditions.

The skilful five-eighth, who played a total of 99 first grade games for Canterbury Bankstown and North Sydney, was last seen just after 6pm on Monday at the Vets on Lakeshore Dr.

Before moving to the War Vets more than two years ago, Pickup lived in Seaforth.

Police said there had been reported sightings of the league great at Collaroy and Narrabeen on Tuesday morning.

A police spokesman said family members told police that Pickup liked walking and that family and friends were searching for him at locations he had recently visited.

“We have cars patrolling around Narrabeen and Collaroy as well,” the spokesman said.

Pickup is described as caucasian, with white hair and an unshaven face. When he was last seen he was wearing a red, blue and black striped polo shirt with beige shorts.

Anyone who has spotted Pickup or with potential sightings please call Dee Why Police on (02) 9971 3399 or Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000.

upload_2019-2-19_12-35-23.png

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of the highlights of my life as a young fella was meeting him at a Bulldogs meet and greet at David Jones Bankstown in the 70's. I don't remember much of him playing but my Dad raved about him. Hope he is found safe and well.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Have posted this across our social media platforms and asked Lynne Anderson, 9 Moley (WWOS/CH9), Phil Rothfield (Telegraph), Andrew Voss, Brent Read (The Australian) to all share it to hopefully return Tim home safely.

When you've played, or had anything to do with the club, you're part of the Bulldogs family... and you do anything for family.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Have posted this across our social media platforms and asked Lynne Anderson, 9 Moley (WWOS/CH9), Phil Rothfield (Telegraph), Andrew Voss, Brent Read (The Australian) to all share it to hopefully return Tim home safely.

When you've played, or had anything to do with the club, you're part of the Bulldogs family... and you do anything for family.
Even Des and Crusher?

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Narrabeen will keep an eye out. Hope all turns out well

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NSW Police have released more pictures of him.

upload_2019-2-19_16-40-15.png

upload_2019-2-19_16-40-38.png

upload_2019-2-19_16-40-53.png

Hope he is found safe soon. Polair has been searching around Lake Narrabeen today.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tim Pickup, now there was true footballer, if he hadn't been severely injured in that World Cup game against England I'm sure we would have won the comp in '75 and '76. After he stopped playing he was a director of the Football Club and was a player scout at the same time, no coincidence that it was during that time when we won multiple comps. As a reflection of his service and dedication to the Bulldogs he was awarded Life Membership in the mid '80's. I hope he is found soon.

Go Dogs
Saw Tim play. He put his heart and soul into every game. Not only talented, but he had plenty of grit and determination. Never gave up.
Sad that he has diminished in his old age. Dementia is a terrible way to go. Glad he is safe.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw Tim play. He put his heart and soul into every game. Not only talented, but he had plenty of grit and determination. Never gave up.
Sad that he has diminished in his old age. Dementia is a terrible way to go. Glad he is safe.
I know it’s been widely investigated in the NFL, but would be an interesting study to look at our older NRL players and see if there is a correlation between the head knocks they suffered and neurological defects?

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know it’s been widely investigated in the NFL, but would be an interesting study to look at our older NRL players and see if there is a correlation between the head knocks they suffered and neurological defects?
And all the piss they've sunk.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Paul Gallen and Anthony Mundine are living breathing proof that head trauma creates neurological issues.