News After three seasons blighted by injury, Kieran Foran is ready for his comeback

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard a lot of Foran's injury problems at Parra were his own doing after he went off the rails and didn't complete rehab properly or in some cases not rehabbing injuries at all............
IF true, they allowed him to get away with not rehabbing and then let him play, injured. Somehow I can't imagine the Tonys allowing that.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
IF true, they allowed him to get away with not rehabbing and then let him play, injured. Somehow I can't imagine the Tonys allowing that.

Go Dogs
It was after he busted his shoulder and they ruled him out for the year then released him a few months later and it was mainly due to going off the rails and not rehabbing correctly.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow. Another year and another Foran article. But do you know what's worse? The ridicule and abuse he cops here on the kennel.
Foran didn't hold the club over a barrel, the club offered him a highly inflated salary (fuck you des you cocksmoker!!) and he accepted. Nothing criminal about that. And just the same as in any line of work, when your injured carrying out the role of your job you are compensated. The only difference here is that the stakes are much higher. Yet people claim he is committing fraud, larceny etc etc. What a load of shit! If you inured yourself at work and couldn't work I'm sure you would all milk every penny. Absolute hypocrisy!
No doubt I'm pissed off that the club/des offered him his current salary, but he is busting his arse to get on the field and play some footy, and his efforts through all of the constant rehab and the demons that go with it should be applauded. I very much doubt I would have the mental fortitude to get through it all, and nor would most of you.
Bottom line is that if Foran finally has an injury free season and can get back to his form of old, we will be final contenders. If not? Well I think it may be a long season.
my anger at Forans contract, is certainly not aimed at him .. who can blame someone for taking advantage of a retirement plan, whne they know they are finished..

Its the pathetic scum that made the deal who I am dirty at ..

But yet there are still some muppets that are actively trying to defend them on here LOL laughable..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think it fair lobbing Woods in with Foran. The former's problem were all his own doing, or lack thereof, whereas the latter is a victim of other peoples' neglect and/or incompetence. Yes we paid / are paying the price, but for very different reasons.

Go Dogs
Whatever the reasons they are the two worst singings in recent memory for mine and as I said Foran has been let down by his body and woods was just an asshole different issues similar results for the club

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Recently married a 49 year old mother of 6. Forget the hammys, how's his mental state?

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone else?
I reckon Foz will kill it this year & make a lot on here look pretty silly although being mad Doggies supporters will accept the egg on their faces. Go the mighty Doggies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Buried in the article:

“He had a slight hamstring strain the last week."

LOL - the season hasn't even started, he likely hasn't had to take any big hits, hasn't had to really stretch out and sprint in a game environment, and his hamstrings are already falling apart.

Someone punt this guy ASAP.
The guy is finished

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
my anger at Forans contract, is certainly not aimed at him .. who can blame someone for taking advantage of a retirement plan, whne they know they are finished..

But yet there are still some muppets that are actively trying to defend them on here LOL laughable..
I'm not defending the previous boards decision. There is no way he is worth what they offered. That's on des as far as I am concerned.
This being said though, I have a good feeling about him this year. He has finally had the chance to recover from any ailments, and I think he is in for a big year personally.
I do a physical job and I'm sore every day, and I have aches and pains from the repetition at times,but what I does nothing compared to the torture of an NRL clubs preseason!! So Foran developing a minor hamstring strain is of no concern to me at all. And there are plenty of players at other clubs having similar issues, eg Greg Inglis, Ash Taylor and Ryan James.

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if he hasnt trained for two weeks he must of hurt his hamstring banging his wife

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Your 100% right how they left us in such a mess. You have to say some of the contracts they signed which thank god for the current admin for biting the bullet and getting rid off was a sign of desperation.
It was like a politician spending big and making all the promises before an election. Desperate stuff.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What gives anyone the impression Foran is going to fire? He has apparently had his best off season to date and already done a hammy. There’s a lot more evidence pointing towards him missing lots more game time this season. Is it more hope that he’s going to have a big year?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What gives anyone the impression Foran is going to fire? He has apparently had his best off season to date and already done a hammy. There’s a lot more evidence pointing towards him missing lots more game time this season. Is it more hope that he’s going to have a big year?
Desperation.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Their hoping I guess I’d have him on the bench and not rely on him at all cause chances are his going to breakdown again then we have to start again. I want the young halves to take over.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not defending the previous boards decision. There is no way he is worth what they offered. That's on des as far as I am concerned.
This being said though, I have a good feeling about him this year. He has finally had the chance to recover from any ailments, and I think he is in for a big year personally.
I do a physical job and I'm sore every day, and I have aches and pains from the repetition at times,but what I does nothing compared to the torture of an NRL clubs preseason!! So Foran developing a minor hamstring strain is of no concern to me at all. And there are plenty of players at other clubs having similar issues, eg Greg Inglis, Ash Taylor and Ryan James.
unfortunately there was similar hope being shown last season .. I hope I'm wrong .. I really want him to be a standout this year, but the rational thoughts in my head say it cant be

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he can stay on the field for his sake and ours otherwise our highest paid player is a write off. I have my doubts

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope he can stay on the field for his sake and ours otherwise our highest paid player is a write off. I have my doubts
Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him hit form and play every game but there is a slim chance of that happening.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him hit form and play every game but there is a slim chance of that happening.
Same here , but say he does hit form makes our chances better to make the 8 but realistically any better than that would be a bonus. Now I believe he Has two years with us before his contract is up. Who is going to resign him.. I would keep him fresh on the bench. Play a few positions. As why I would forget him this year as all we are doing is delaying the inevitable. Probably an unpopular statement I made but that’s my thoughts.

Last edited:

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a write off anyway I can’t see the point him taking up a spot in fg I know I sound neg about him but I really would like this year to be a year for the dogs where they are threatening the top teams as last year we made the hard decisions and now we have some experience in our team with heaps off future promising young players and we are under the cap. Keep him on the bench.

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a write off anyway I can’t see the point him taking up a spot in fg I know I sound neg about him but I really would like this year to be a year for the dogs where they are threatening the top teams as last year we made the hard decisions and now we have some experience in our team with heaps off future promising young players and we are under the cap. Keep him on the bench.
I don't think we can consistently threaten the top teams with a rookie halves pairing. If Foran is fit he needs to play in the position we pay him so much money to do. 6 or 7 or left right out.

Last edited:

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure we could regularly threaten the top teams with two rookies halves.
I think they can threaten top teams how regular not sure but most people will underestimate this team. And most teams will as well. Will be an interesting season for us we are not expecting miracles from them but we are expecting them to be competitive. I am not expecting Foran to play much footie this year be nice if he did but we don’t really know the state of his body he has had some bad injuries. Anyway we all have different thoughts I appreciate yours.

Last edited: