The "R U OK ?" Thread

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im getting raped by withdrawals ,this is fucking brutal
How long have you been a smoker for? Iv been on them for 7 years. I quit last year for 6 months and this year for a couple. After the first 2 weeks of hell i feel pretty good

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How long have you been a smoker for? Iv been on them for 7 years. I quit last year for 6 months and this year for a couple. After the first 2 weeks of hell i feel pretty good
Over 20 years lol , quit a few times in that period, not so bad now, just had a 2hr withdrawal/craving wasn't pleasant at all ,im trying not to overcomplicate it this time just ride the **** out

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Over 20 years lol , quit a few times in that period, not so bad now, just had a 2hr withdrawal/craving wasn't pleasant at all ,im trying not to overcomplicate it this time just ride the **** out
I found for the first 2 weeks my cravings were fucked all day. Then after that i get a couple a day that last a few minutes

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My last ciggie was 11 November 2016, the day the Docs told me I officially made the waiting list.

Not going to lie, if I could smoke I probably would, especially at work.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Past the 48hr mark that was fucking brutal ,couldn't concentrate was all over the place ,withdrawals were fucking intense really fucking intense lol.
Still feel like shit but better.
Now just grind the **** out hour by hour day by day .
My problem is im an inpatient **** , i want results now , sure im going to save a shit load of money by why isn't there 5 grand in my fucking hand now lol.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I quit in 2009 and I am still dirt poor. It is a **** to quit smoking, I cheated and used the Champix it worked for me thankfully

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Champix - One of the side effects is 1 in 10 people experience flatulence.

How is that a side effect, that should be a positive effect!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Nah just encourage me to smoke i really dont want one my addiction says otherwise lol.
Passed the 72 hrs now its just the adjustments
My mum is 61, has cerebral palsy, and in the past was a career smoker of over 30years.

It took her 7 attempts to give up.
In the end, it was pure maths that was the motivation to stick it out.

Based on the limited information I know about your effort so far, I'm gonna assume you're a 20-ciggies-a-day guy.

In 72hrs this means...
- You have avoided at least 60 ciggies.
- You have saved yourself something like $50-$70

When you feel like shit ... maths will save your sanity.
In the future (when you conquer it) , the maths will be your trophy.

Mum finally gave it up for good in October 2005.
That's approx 96,000 less ciggies.
It's approx 3,800 packs she didn't have.
She saved at least $90,000.

Kick it's ass champ !

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My mum is 61, has cerebral palsy, and in the past was a career smoker of over 30years.

It took her 7 attempts to give up.
In the end, it was pure maths that was the motivation to stick it out.

Based on the limited information I know about your effort so far, I'm gonna assume you're a 20-ciggies-a-day guy.

In 72hrs this means...
- You have avoided at least 60 ciggies.
- You have saved yourself something like $50-$70

When you feel like shit ... maths will save your sanity.
In the future (when you conquer it) , the maths will be your trophy.

Mum finally gave it up for good in October 2005.
That's approx 96,000 less ciggies.
It's approx 3,800 packs she didn't have.
She saved at least $90,000.

Kick it's ass champ !
Aye cheers mate got a smoking app that calculates to the minute, its actually fucking embarrassing the cost of ciggies or what i spend on them,im hoping they raise them now an xtra $5 to make it near impossible to afford lol
Done a day of work today thought it would be a nightmare but it was so fucking humid and hard enough to breathe didn't think to much.
Just strolling through day at a time

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Aye cheers mate got a smoking app that calculates to the minute, its actually fucking embarrassing the cost of ciggies or what i spend on them,im hoping they raise them now an xtra $5 to make it near impossible to afford lol
Done a day of work today thought it would be a nightmare but it was so fucking humid and hard enough to breathe didn't think to much.
Just strolling through day at a time
Each dollar saved is another dollar to spend on the kids :grinning: