Best finishes of 2018: Lewis makes a name for himself

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lachy is unlikely to get homesick.

Had been in Canberra since an early age....and nobody misses Canberra once they get out.
Besides, he’s already said he had / has no desire to follow in his uncle’s footsteps. But we shouldn’t take it for granted - we need to work hard to ensure our players feel like our club is their home and family and that they are part of the Canterbury-Bankstown community and can feel at ease here inside and outside of football.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anybody else have concerns about Lewis ?
Don’t get me wrong, I love the kid and he’s the first half picked in my side, but when I watch some of these “highlights” I see Reynolds. Everything is based on effort, but not necessarily skill.
His greatest asset is his calmness on the ball, but he’s not going to have that much time this season.
I have some concerns that it might just be a flash in the pan, type moment.
But I hope not, because without a firing Lewis, were probably dicked.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I love the kid and he’s the first half picked in my side, but when I watch some of these “highlights” I see Reynolds. Everything is based on effort, but not necessarily skill.
His greatest asset is his calmness on the ball, but he’s not going to have that much time this season.
Yeah me too. The footage i just watched he leaked 12 points then only kicked a field goal. That footage showed no decent highlights of his skills. I like him and hope he turns out great. Surely he had better highlights than 2 bad defensive reads and a pot shot at field goal. Or where fucked.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a lot more thought that goes into Lewis' game than that maniac Reynolds... he can organise, create, and actually has a kicking game. Sure he might miss a tackle or two, but he also makes a lot more tackles than your average half, and much more cover defence, where he is probably not expected to be, he can also take on the big boys, like we saw when he silenced Pangai JR.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yeah me too. The footage i just watched he leaked 12 points then only kicked a field goal. That footage showed no decent highlights of his skills. I like him and hope he turns out great. Surely he had better highlights than 2 bad defensive reads and a pot shot at field goal. Or where fucked.
That was a tough game for any rookie

Warriors 58% percent
ran for 400 more metres
9-5 pealty count
Tackled in our 20- 43 times
They had 20 odd offloads and threw everything at us

Martin kicked us to victory as Warriors scored 1 more try then us but dont discount Lewis' and the squads resilience to come out on top with far fewer opportunities.

Lewis' defence has already won us a few games so I am the least bit worried about that, I am more worried about being one of the poorest scoring teams season after season. But with Lewis, Martin and Smith coming into the squad we seem to have a few more points in us.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was a tough game for any rookie

Warriors 58% percent
ran for 400 more metres
9-5 pealty count
Tackled in our 20- 43 times
They had 20 odd offloads and threw everything at us

Martin kicked us to victory as Warriors scored 1 more try then us but dont discount Lewis' and the squads resilience to come out on top with far fewer opportunities.

Lewis' defence has already won us a few games so I am the least bit worried about that, I am more worried about being one of the poorest scoring teams season after season. But with Lewis, Martin and Smith coming into the squad we seem to have a few more points in us.
And actually having a decent skills coach in Steve James , with Steve Georgallis being promoted to Asst Coach with the NRL side and having Shifty look in at training passing on his knowledge to our halves and hookers, I would say there will be a lot more points in our team for this up and coming 2019 season. I truly believe that we will surprise a lot of teams this year.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Time will tell. I don’t have concerns because I’m not expecting him to turn out a superstar; he doesn’t have that blinding talent or wizardry that some halves possess. Chances are he can be a solid and consistent first grader whose competitiveness will keep us in games and win us some we otherwise mightn’t. Being so young, smart and composed however, there is potential he can develop into one of the best game managers around - which Cronk has proven is as important as anything - and with the right coaching he can learn how to pick defences apart in a Melbourne-esque way. I’d take that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lewis has the temperament but he's defenitely lacking in terms of pure creative skill and needs plenty of work there.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis has the temperament but he's defenitely lacking in terms of pure creative skill and needs plenty of work there.
I’m hoping he grows into it. I really like the kid. I just know teams will be gunning for him this season.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no doubt about Lewis at all. Yes he will improve and will get better as the season gets on. And the oppostion will be aware of him but his only played a hand full of fg games and has impressed a lot of his critics on here not sure why they are questioning his ability again. The best is yet to come with this kid and for me happy with the new players like Meaney and Crichton just to name a few. Lewis has some good people around him.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What type of fucking bullshit highlights was this? Someone give me the 2 minutes of my life back shows one field goal fuck me.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I will be concerned if he can't develop some sort of running game at 6. He is a good distributor of the ball but he also needs to take the opportunity to run when he can.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is a lot more thought that goes into Lewis' game than that maniac Reynolds... he can organise, create, and actually has a kicking game. Sure he might miss a tackle or two, but he also makes a lot more tackles than your average half, and much more cover defence, where he is probably not expected to be, he can also take on the big boys, like we saw when he silenced Pangai JR.

This kid is good between the ears.. Quick learner, throws the ball around great, can defend like a lock and for some stupid reason can land a kick on dime. His got plenty of maniac in him but has got it on tap which is a credit to him. Chases the pill everywhere around the field, I see plenty of Thurston in him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hannant was a money hungry Mormon with a weird number of kids.
Did you know he played for Roosters in 2005 then he went to Brisbane... Didn't he leave because he was home sick?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will be concerned if he can't develop some sort of running game at 6. He is a good distributor of the ball but he also needs to take the opportunity to run when he can.
Hopefully he can incorporate into his game a Thurston show and go... Mint.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did you know he played for Roosters in 2005 then he went to Brisbane... Didn't he leave because he was home sick?
Isn’t the point that that’s what they all say? What’s the underlying reason? Hannant’s constant club-swapping merely reveals what he was always about. It has nothing to do with “homesickness”.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn’t the point that that’s what they all say? What’s the underlying reason? Hannant’s constant club-swapping merely reveals what he was always about. It has nothing to do with “homesickness”.
Anything to make themselves look honourable...