Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
what if we let him go then more of our players decide they want to follow? an example needs to be made
If that happens it happens I don’t think it will. This issue with Klemmer has been boiling away for months and we have denied him numerous times there’s only so long you can put up with it. What kind of example would it be anyway? He still gets paid and he sits on the sideline.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking if Im playing a sport where my 'career life' is 12 years IF I am retained IF I don't get injured out of the game...

Someone comes along and offers an additional $500k per year over 4 years!
I can set my family up with that - buy a property whatever.

Loyalty? Like the club showed to James Graham when 'business reality' hit home.
No hard feelings - it IS a business.

David Klemmer you are an awesome player and to me you seem a really decent bloke / hard man on the field family man off the field.
What the game's about.

Please stay a Bulldog, but look after your family first.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If he has no heart anymore and it seems he doesn’t then we don’t need him or the disruption it will bring amongst playing group and the boys that want to be here!!
I had a lot of respect for him, but all the news coming out about what his intentions are then I’ve lost that, it’s a shocker, and it’s shocking..!! We need some positive bloody news for change.
Double edged sword... play like shit because he's unhappy at Dogs, and he risks losing his Rep jerseys (and bonuses).

Aaron Woods is the worst thing that could have happened to this club.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not a breach of the rules if the club agrees to release him.

Everyone needs to relax here. I am a Klemmer fan and I think he is a decent man looking after his family financially. He does not have to be loyal to the club when it comes to family.

Now, only months ago we were all bagging the teams attack how shit, one dimensional and predictable it was. This style went on for a couple years. We'd had enough. We were saying how we need ball playing forwards (offloaders) to add flare to our attack. While Klemmer can make some metre's with his hitups they are very one dimensional and predictable. He tried at times to be first receiver and pass the ball out the back. This did nothing for our attack.

Moving Klemmer on is not the death of our team. In fact this will open up opportunities for ball playing forwards to come into our team and resurrect our attack. The like's of Martin Tapau is a must to bring flare to our attack but intimidation to our defence.

Let's not get caught up in the sentimental side of things if we want to move forward. For me, Klemmer has been a good servant for our club but we are in a new era with the Dogs needing a revamp. Let him go and let's move forward.
I can't agree with you on the decent man bit at all. A decent man would honour his contract. If he sold himself short, a decent man would admit that he himself made the mistake. He is not on a pittance whatsoever. He is well paid to the market conditions at the time he signed the contract. Unfortunately for him, the market has moved up since then.

I am sure if I had a fixed rate home loan with the bank & the rates fell they would be happy to break my contract for no fee & go elsewhere at a cheaper rate, wouldn't they?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Klemmer does himself out of 3 x $30k NSW payments, for starters, + an Australian jersey and payout if he sandbags.

Yes he gets paid, but he stands to lose probably $150k in rep payments out of it.

what if we let him go then more of our players decide they want to follow? an example needs to be made
This is my biggest concern from all this. It shows the club is weak as piss and if a player wants to go the club will let them. If Klemmer walks, guarantee he won't be the last we lose.

Not to mention who wants to sign with a club with so much instability in their roster!

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Money talks,maybe he thought fuck I’m not worth that much I’m fuckin takin it I’ll burn the old bedsheets and have a chardy in the hunter ,fuck youse all I’m only playin 20 mins a game anyhow, relax we’ll ride it out

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He needs to take care of himself and his family.

This bullshit is mismanagement by the club, and the knights willing to throw cash at a prop who isn’t worth 1 mills year.
I get a feeling our board are trying to run things like in the 1980s, not like a modern club should be run, and that's causing a lot of these issues.

Imagine if Cronk came out and asked the Roosters for a release... or if Smith asked Storm for a release. They'd get told they've still got a contract.

Yet at our club a player mentions they aren't happy and suddenly the boards trying to find another club for them.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s letting emotion get involved with it. If Newcastle don’t have the player we need to plug holes in our squad then what’s the point in getting a Newcastle player?
Why didnt we get anything in return for Woods and Mbye? Same thing will happen with Klemmer. Get your head out of your arse. This is current board is as bad if not worse than the last one.

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will wait to see what the board do before judging them. However, I think that a number of us will be surprised by what they do. I certainly expect us (the Bulldogs) to show the rest of the competition that we mean business off the pitch. This will be the yardstick this new board is measured by, and they know this. I'm confident it'll end up OK for us.
They have already been judged. Why didn't we get nothing in return for Woods and Mbye? Ill tell you why because they have no fucking idea what they are doing. Or maybe they do. Maybe its there way of fucking Dean Pay over so they can sign there son to be head coach in 2020.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have already been judged. Why didn't we get nothing in return for Woods and Mbye? Ill tell you why because they have no fucking idea what they are doing. Or maybe they do. Maybe its there way of fucking Dean Pay over so they can sign there son to be head coach in 2020.
Don't agree at all, and think these are different situations. If anything, we were pushing for them to leave and were happy to walk them to the airport so to speak. Both were mid-season so quite difficult to negotiate any 'swaps' but we had pressure to get them off the books for accounting reasons. I think the club were 100% right in letting them go, and I believe they acted pretty well in that situation.

I'm not expert on this, but I think the Klemmer situation is different as we really do hold the cards and don't need to allow him to go. We have time to make decisions at our own pace. For me, they will assess everything and I would hope we'll get the best possible outcome out of it. Clear that Klemmer wants to leave, but he'll do it on our terms.

Get why everyones' worried about this because of our long track record of getting screwed in such situations. HOwever, I have 100% faith in the board over this.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Cant blame klem for taking 1.2 mill if he was on 700k. If he is on a back ended deal and getting 1mill I dont get why he wants to go if he is getting a mill over the next 2 yrs. If he is on a mill on an see why the dogs would release him to free up cash, even though I don't think props are worth 800k plus when you compare the money the titans paid for boyd and eels for paulo klem is worth 800 but definitely not 1.2mil. Good luck to him.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate Mbye was signed for to much money hoping that he would be the next JT and Woods along with Foran were only signed by the old board to save their arse. Both were grossly overrated and more than grossly over paid.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why didnt we get anything in return for Woods and Mbye? Same thing will happen with Klemmer. Get your head out of your arse. This is current board is as bad if not worse than the last one.
There’s a big difference between it with Woods and Mbye we were the ones that had to get rid of them for cap pressure. The desperation is on the Knights end this time. So take a chill pill you drama queen and wait till it all plays out.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klemmer does himself out of 3 x $30k NSW payments, for starters, + an Australian jersey and payout if he sandbags.

Yes he gets paid, but he stands to lose probably $150k in rep payments out of it.

This is my biggest concern from all this. It shows the club is weak as piss and if a player wants to go the club will let them. If Klemmer walks, guarantee he won't be the last we lose.

Not to mention who wants to sign with a club with so much instability in their roster!
But, let's say we bump is salary. What message does that send out to players? Double edged sword here really.

I think this case really is an exception considering how much more he's reported to be getting at the Knights when compared to us. For a front rower to get over a mil is stupid, sorry. I doubt we'd be in too many situations in future when there would be such a gap between what a rival is prepared to pay and us. For me, I think it puts us in a stronger position if he leaves.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You’re a fucken idiot that have no clue how it works. If you can’t see the different situations between Woods/Mbye and Klemmer you don’t have a clue

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shit ... I didn't realise Tevita Pangai Jnr is from Ashfield (born in Ashfield), and he has a 26 yr old brother (Mosese born in Newcastle) who ALSO remains unsigned (and happens to play wing/centre/second row).

If he has family here in Ashfield area... huge drawcard.

The game is all about mobile forward packs these days. TPJ brings that in spades.

The only way we potentially get AFB is losing Foran... and I think that's too big a gamble to take.
Mate how you love Foran prior to 2018 he didn't play for NZ and was in rehab all through the pre season to get his body right and what happened, not 1 decent game for us in fact I thought that Frawley played better than him in the few games he played.
If after virtually a full year of rehab he fails again you deserve a truck load of BS (the genuine stuff) dumper in you lounge room.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Klemmer has developed into a SOO and Australian test prop and deserves to be paid what he is worth.
He apparently is not receiving that amount. Who can blame him for chasing a bigger pay packet. After all, we all do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.