Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok lets assume the club gave dk permission to negotiate elsewhere:

* dk wants to piss off
* he's probably on $1m for next 2 years backended
* $1m should buy top drawer gun spine player (fback or half)
* we have promising isp middle forwards
* will addition of gun player more than make up for loss of dk

Could be a good ploy by club. I'm in two minds about all this, however nfg if no gun available 19/20 that willing to join our club.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the board will respond. Some people are also thinking to hard into this and blaming the board. It is not the boards fault klem wants to leave its not up to the board watch his every move and where he travels to. Everyone can blame klemmers manager for his input but the rest of the decision comes from klemmer. Klem is a big boy its his say if he wants to stay or go in this situation.
Its 100% the boards fault.

Klemmer is an asset and currently under contract.

Lynne and the board must grant him a release for him to end up at Newcastle.

I heard on radio today our players are still upset at the way they were treated by our club over Mad Monday, our club organised the event which turned out to be another disaster

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we want to keep him, we should come up with the money to pay him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the board will respond. Some people are also thinking to hard into this and blaming the board. It is not the boards fault klem wants to leave its not up to the board watch his every move and where he travels to. Everyone can blame klemmers manager for his input but the rest of the decision comes from klemmer. Klem is a big boy its his say if he wants to stay or go in this situation.
It is the boards fault, buck stops with them.

Why was it ok to blame dib for everything but these weak ***** don't get the blame?

Lyn is an insult to Bullfrog. CA is a toothless tiger too

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't commented on the Klemmer stuff until now.

He's a favourite of ours and it's going to be sad to see him go. But take the emotion out of it, and he's just a prop forward and he by no means isn't our best or most important player. In the 2 games he missed, we lost that freak game against the Raiders 32-28 and the other we won convincingly against the Broncos 36-22. We were fine without him!

If he wants to go, let him! The pressure will finally be off our salary cap and we can continue moving forward.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly can't see them releasing him unless we get some decent player or players in a swap deal.
What player does our squad need?
IMO we need
- A quality half back
- A quality hooker
- A quality centre
Can Newcastle offer us any of these???
We may need at least one Prop to cover cover Klemmer, so maybe both Safiti boys for one Klemmer???

Although lets remember this is the club that refused to release Cogger to us early from his contract, so I would be giving them the big F U

Last edited:

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sadly no. The players have all the power in situations like this.
You can’t make a player, play for you. If you force his hand he’ll just play shit and not put in. Then what are you going to do ? Fire him ? That’s exactly what he wants.
The only thing you can do, is convince him to stay (upgrade his contract, or TPA’s) or release him.
It’s fucked, but it’s reality.
Put the dickhead into reserve grade for 2 years if he wants to play shit then benched the majority of the games. Playing shit just decreases he's worth when he's contract is up.

Anyone saying we should bend over here can get fucked and hand in their membership, he's under a legal binding contract so the **** can go fuck himself as far as I'm concerned and someone needs to get on the phone from HQ and tell him that or give me he's number and I will.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We do pay him and he has a contract.

I don't know about you boys, but men honour their word.
Get out of the 1900s mentality, its a business these days. You can't have the leading prop in Australia earning pennies and expect him to be happy about it, regardless of how he got himself to the situation. You either pay him a fair market value or prepare to say sayonara.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Get out of the 1900s mentality, its a business these days. You can't have the leading prop in Australia earning pennies and expect him to be happy about it, regardless of how he got himself to the situation. You either pay him a fair market value or prepare to say sayonara.
Fkn lol at pennies.

I'll stay in the 1900's with my morals, you soy boy cucks enjoy your latte with the rest of your ilk of these days. Have a fkn sook to have your way

Thank God you have nothing to do with our club.

PS when you have run a successful business as long as I have then talk, you have NFI chump.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope there is and I hope the board gets arse raped.
Assassin you worry me bro..... lol
All your comments are of a hardcore s@xual nature....
I reckon your a s@xual predator for sure...... lol lol lol (jokes)

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pennies? He's on $700,000 dollars a fucking year. He's one of the highest paid props in the game already and will earn he's rewards even further in another 2 years he's still very young. You think when you start working for a big firm you get your top dollar right away? Even when you start increasing performance and workload it takes years for rises and benefits to kick in. This is no different.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Assassin you worry me bro..... lol
All your comments are of a hardcore s@xual nature....
I reckon your a s@xual predator for sure...... lol lol lol (jokes)
That's how fed up I am with this pussified club.

We are definately Chihuahuas, on and off the field.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone saying we should bend over here can get fucked and hand in their membership, he's under a legal binding contract so the **** can go fuck himself as far as I'm concerned and someone needs to get on the phone from HQ and tell him that or give me he's number and I will.
You're going to have egg on your face when he gets released for next to nothing. Newcastle dont give a rats about safitis.

The club should have been in discussions with his management when the first rumours of his unhappiness arose early in the season. If its true he's on 400K, they should have considered topping up and extending his contract to a fairer value. When players like BHunt are on a mil, why would a hothead like Klemmer be happy on pennies. Use your brains.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
suposedly he has been given permission to talk to rival clubs which would mean that newcastle arent doing anything wrong by making contact, whether thats true or not who knows but i just read about it on Sporting News.

"Newcastle chief executive Phil Gardner revealed the club had been in contact with his management and were actively pursuing his signature.

''At this stage, he is not a free agent but he has been given permission to talk to everybody,'' Gardner said.

''We would love to have Mr Klemmer here at our club and we will be doing our absolute best to get him to come to the club.''

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thank God you have nothing to do with our club.

PS when you have run a successful business as long as I have then talk, you have NFI chump.
Looks like I dont need to be involved, the club is as good as ever right?

Whats your business? Give us some proof and then we'll take your words seriously.

But going by the way you talk on this forum, I dont expect much.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pennies? He's on $700,000 dollars a fucking year. He's one of the highest paid props in the game already and will earn he's rewards even further in another 2 years he's still very young. You think when you start working for a big firm you get your top dollar right away? Even when you start increasing performance and workload it takes years for rises and benefits to kick in. This is no different.
When your at the top of the game, and you have the club over a barrel with shit future prospects are you at all surprised? If everything is so dandy why is he asking for a release?

There is absolutely nothing going for the doggies at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.