Sunday Footy Show - Fat Shame Dave Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me exactly what is wrong with fat shaming?

I think if people are doing things to their bodies that are clearly unhealthy to the point it could be fatal (e.g Diabetes, blood pressure, heart attacks etc), then maybe they should be reminded that they are fat and doing something to their bodies that could be potentially fatal.

Why does everyone always assume that being nice and polite is the best approach to dealing with people - instead of just being upfront and saying the truth?
It's just like saying can you explain to me what is wrong with gay shaming, or race shaming, or sex shaming? Fat shaming surprisingly in this PC world these days just doesnt have a label.

You have to remember that all fat people aren't fat because they eat too much. Why not say to homosexuals, don't fuck each other in the ass as you will get AIDS.

Just because it doesn't have a label like homophobic, or sexist, or racist, it's still the same thing as all of the 'phobics' or 'ists' that we have these days.

I totally agree with your last paragraph, the world has turned soft. I'm in no way PC, I fucking loathe what the world has become and what we can and can't say, my point is try coming out saying what you said, but instead of fat shaming, say can someone explain to me exactly what is wrong with being racist? Watch everyone crucify you.

I also know your other point was about them doing things to themselves that could end up being fatal, but fuck it, they know as well as anybody what its doing to them, same as junkies or smokers but there is a difference, fat people most of the time don't have the choice to be fat, junkies and smokers or alcoholics make that choice. Being fat is not like being a junkie where junkies don't give a fuck what people think of them, fat people do.

I really hope this doesn't sound like I'm from the left, because I'm not. As I said I agree with your main point in your last paragraph, everyone needs to harden the fuck up and realise everyone isn't going to agree with what you do or accept what you're into, that just means on the flipside you dont agree with what they do so don't get your feelings hurt about it because underneath all the crying and bitching, you're doing the same thing. ( I don't mean you personally dawgfather when I say you're doing the same thing )

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just like saying can you explain to me what is wrong with gay shaming, or race shaming, or sex shaming? Fat shaming surprisingly in this PC world these days just doesnt have a label.

You have to remember that all fat people aren't fat because they eat too much. Why not say to homosexuals, don't fuck each other in the ass as you will get AIDS.

Just because it doesn't have a label like homophobic, or sexist, or racist, it's still the same thing as all of the 'phobics' or 'ists' that we have these days.

I totally agree with your last paragraph, the world has turned soft. I'm in no way PC, I fucking loathe what the world has become and what we can and can't say, my point is try coming out saying what you said, but instead of fat shaming, say can someone explain to me exactly what is wrong with being racist? Watch everyone crucify you.

I also know your other point was about them doing things to themselves that could end up being fatal, but fuck it, they know as well as anybody what its doing to them, same as junkies or smokers but there is a difference, fat people most of the time don't have the choice to be fat, junkies and smokers or alcoholics make that choice. Being fat is not like being a junkie where junkies don't give a fuck what people think of them, fat people do.

I really hope this doesn't sound like I'm from the left, because I'm not. As I said I agree with your main point in your last paragraph, everyone needs to harden the fuck up and realise everyone isn't going to agree with what you do or accept what you're into, that just means on the flipside you dont agree with what they do so don't get your feelings hurt about it because underneath all the crying and bitching, you're doing the same thing. ( I don't mean you personally dawgfather when I say you're doing the same thing )
Excessive weight gain and obesity are a result of eating behaviours and lifestyle. Too much food, wrong kinds of food and lack of physical activity. Some people are more susceptible due to genetics and a number of health issues including mental illnesses. The key to weight control is ‘move more and eat less’. Easier said than done.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Here's an interesting fact. Obese people who are active (such as Dave Taylor) are healthier and live longer than those who are thin and couch potatoes (such as Erin Molan).

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

I totally agree with your last paragraph, the world has turned soft. I'm in no way PC, I fucking loathe what the world has become and what we can and can't say, my point is try coming out saying what you said, but instead of fat shaming, say can someone explain to me exactly what is wrong with being racist? Watch everyone crucify you.)
I understand what you're saying but I think some of the points are flawed.

For example - of course you shouldn't shame someone for their race or sexuality - they were born that way and they don't 'choose it'. However, different story with fat people.

However, the vast vast VAST majority of overweight people are overweight / fat / obese because of their own personal choices and lack of self discipline. It's a tiny minority of people who are born with conditions or develop conditions that make their weight unmanageable.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
meh it's self inflicting fat, which we should be able to laugh at without having to apologise

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Again ... time and place.

On Facebook with your mates having a laugh sharing a photo - probably okay.
On National TV potentially with his friends, family, team mates, children watching, and then prefacing those comments afterwards with "no offence" - not okay. Just makes the entire lineup look like a bunch of *****.

What would happen if Dave Taylor had some serious mental demons at this point in time, and that was enough to have him commit suicide?

Ch9 made a massive song and dance about bullying, and then pull this shit.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if Channel 9 want to go down the road of shaming people on air for laughs/ratings, fair enough... but you then lose any right to subsequently claim some political correct outrage if someone jokes about a public figure's previous sexual tryst in a toilet cubicle, or questions a female host's cup size, or criticise a sportsman whose religious belief mean that he cannot support same sex marriage or whatever other SJW rubbish they want to shove down our throats

if you wish to claim righteousness, you yourself must do right

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me exactly what is wrong with fat shaming?

I think if people are doing things to their bodies that are clearly unhealthy to the point it could be fatal (e.g Diabetes, blood pressure, heart attacks etc), then maybe they should be reminded that they are fat and doing something to their bodies that could be potentially fatal.

Why does everyone always assume that being nice and polite is the best approach to dealing with people - instead of just being upfront and saying the truth?
Why ?
What’s the point ?
Do you really think he doesn’t know ?
Like, you say it and he goes “ohhhhh shit ???!! I had no idea !! Fuck ?! Really !??? I could die ??! I’d better do something about that !”

Status
Not open for further replies.