Sunday Footy Show - Fat Shame Dave Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me exactly what is wrong with fat shaming?

I think if people are doing things to their bodies that are clearly unhealthy to the point it could be fatal (e.g Diabetes, blood pressure, heart attacks etc), then maybe they should be reminded that they are fat and doing something to their bodies that could be potentially fatal.

Why does everyone always assume that being nice and polite is the best approach to dealing with people - instead of just being upfront and saying the truth?

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess being a professional athlete that looks over weight will leave themselves open to someone having a go. It is not a good look, but if there are personal issues contributing o the weight gain then maybe he should sort them out and then try to get in better shape. Honestly he couldn't perform at a high level anymore.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Molan is a dickhead. I don’t mind her but it’s obvious most people can’t stand her, Channel 9 have always been parasites and she’s a dickhead for laughing , so hypocritical they talk about bullying and depression and suicide , what if this poor **** is sad about his weight now. Footy show is bad enough as it is
But srsly how did he get so fat whilst still playing
Apparently he was battling some personal mental health issues, and (what was inferred from a few of the replys she got), he sought comfort in food.

Happens to a lot of footballers though (depression after retirement).

George Rose and Mark O'Meley also got bigger when they stopped playing/training all week as well.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You could see how uncomfortable it made Damien Cook during the broadcast aswell

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I think if people are doing things to their bodies that are clearly unhealthy to the point it could be fatal (e.g Diabetes, blood pressure, heart attacks etc), then maybe they should be reminded that they are fat and doing something to their bodies that could be potentially fatal.

Why does everyone always assume that being nice and polite is the best approach to dealing with people - instead of just being upfront and saying the truth?
Because they were laughing at him, that's something only ***** like me should do over the internet ffs.

I was once told that you should never laugh at someone who's trying to better themselves. Taylor could have just locked himself away at home, but instead he's still out and about playing footy and staying active, the Footy Show shouldn't have made a joke out of him for that.

But yh being massively overweight almost feels acceptable in todays society with all the pc crap being thrown around. I'm not saying people should be made to feel bad that they're this way, but they should feel like they need to change. Anyway i'm basically crazy so i shouldn't comment on peoples mental state hahaha.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

It wasn't tough love, it was poking fun at someone who has mental health issues. This didn't exactly do his self esteem any good. Also if someone poked fun at you on national television wouldn't you get the shits too? Good on him for standing up for himself... I'm sure you'd do the same man. Not having a go at you or anything, just saying.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I the only **** that laughed at the Coal Trains appearance. No one has a sense of humour these days and want a reason to feel offended. He is fat as fuck and it's funny cause it is.
Spare me the outrage. Footy players are supposed to be in better shape.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Am I the only **** that laughed at the Coal Trains appearance. No one has a sense of humour these days and want a reason to feel offended. He is fat as fuck and it's funny cause it is.
No one has a sense of humour? Then surely you found his reply dig at Erin funny, right? After all, you have a sense of humour!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
No one has a sense of humour? Then surely you found his reply dig at Erin funny, right? After all, you have a sense of humour!
I'm not sticking up for alien eyes Erin. Her eyes are too far apart he should have mentioned that.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember Erin crying on the Footy Show when people were saying get her off the show & bring back Fatty.

She was saying they were being sexist etc & the panel where fawning over her.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if something like that was said about a female player....but it's a male and it seems to be OK

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As if the bitch Molan didn't know.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was more shocked when I saw him. I mean he was always big, but now he looks like all his diet consist of are tons of doughnuts and fast food. Instead of the coal train, he should now be known as the heavy blimp

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Time and place for everything. Laughing about it between friends or in your own home is completely different to taking the absolute piss out of the bloke on national TV.

Fake account. It wasn't dave Taylor.
Still damn funny.

People are saying he should claim it regardless.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It wasn't tough love, it was poking fun at someone who has mental health issues. This didn't exactly do his self esteem any good. Also if someone poked fun at you on national television wouldn't you get the shits too? Good on him for standing up for himself... I'm sure you'd do the same man. Not having a go at you or anything, just saying.
That's it. They tried to sugar coat it at the end... it's like saying "no offense" then proceeding to be a ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.