Sunday Footy Show - Fat Shame Dave Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What a shitstorm this has created.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/fo...r/news-story/36edbc93178ed891e7d8a29f8a556e17

Taylor, who is playing for the Central Queensland Capras in Queensland’s top league after playing for the Canberra Raiders last season, was labelled the “Gutsy Player of the Week” during a segment on Sunday’s show.

upload_2018-8-14_0-32-5.png

Several members of the show’s panel — which included Erin Molan, Peter Sterling and Brad Fittler — laughed as they poked fun at Taylor’s appearance.

“He was a gun player in his day, wasn’t he?” asked host Molan, to which NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler responded, “What an athlete”.

Former Tigers player and co-host Joel Caine also joined in. “Well Dave, look, it’s a three-letter word, fit, OK, but it’s very easy to turn the ‘i’ into an ‘a’, that’s all I’m saying — get that ‘a’ back to an ‘i’,” he said.

Molan added at the end of the segment the panel was “not shaming Dave Taylor at all”.

But the segment was not well-received on social media and in a statement to news.com.au, Capras CEO Peter White said the piece was “very disappointing, but sadly not surprising”.

“Our club is proud to have Dave Taylor as part of our organisation and while Dave will be the first to admit he is not playing his best football, personal circumstances have affected his life this year,” White said.

“Dave’s wellbeing is vitally important to us and I have no doubt next year we will see the best of him.

“The Channel 9 Footy Show hosts comments are totally unprofessional to say the least, and they should rightfully so be feeling very ashamed of their behaviour.”

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In awe at the size of this lad, absolute unit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This in turn resulted in The Man Shake going into damage control as a show sponsor who had absolutely no idea their brand name was being used in such a way. That sponsorship deal is now in jeopardy.

The Footy Show have since removed the Tweet they made and "apologised".
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/48f5d086bfe6efba7a6967048858479b

THE Channel Nine Footy Show has apologised to former NRL forward Dave Taylor for an attempt at humour that went wrong on the Sunday Footy Show.
The segment was meant to show a gutsy play from Dave Taylor, but instead appeared to make fun of his size.
“Nine would like to apologise to former NRL player Dave Taylor for any offence caused by a segment on the Sunday Footy Show yesterday,” a spokesman for Channel Nine said.

However not quite done with it, Erin Molan attempted to then join "team disgust" and distance herself from it with this cracking tweet.

upload_2018-8-14_0-38-49.png

Everyones hammered her calling bullshit. But saving the best till last, have a go at the return fire from Dave Taylor himself (since deleted).

upload_2018-8-14_0-40-33.png

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's fat who cares I'm sure he knows it, just pisses me off the double standards you get hammered with for calling out women for being fat ***** if this was reversed.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's fat who cares I'm sure he knows it, just pisses me off the double standards you get hammered with for calling out women for being fat ***** if this was reversed.
Would of got smashed if he callled molan fat, good rep,y from dave taylor tho

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the man shake is absolute bullshit, in the us a company was sued millions for claiming you could lose weight on dairy

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Molan is a dickhead. I don’t mind her but it’s obvious most people can’t stand her, Channel 9 have always been parasites and she’s a dickhead for laughing , so hypocritical they talk about bullying and depression and suicide , what if this poor **** is sad about his weight now. Footy show is bad enough as it is

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely mate 100% same shit with religion, gays, women, blokes .. if someone can improve their image by calling out someone else they will do it to get public approval.. social media is ruining the world for real.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This in turn resulted in The Man Shake going into damage control as a show sponsor who had absolutely no idea their brand name was being used in such a way. That sponsorship deal is now in jeopardy.

The Footy Show have since removed the Tweet they made and "apologised".
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/48f5d086bfe6efba7a6967048858479b

THE Channel Nine Footy Show has apologised to former NRL forward Dave Taylor for an attempt at humour that went wrong on the Sunday Footy Show.
The segment was meant to show a gutsy play from Dave Taylor, but instead appeared to make fun of his size.
“Nine would like to apologise to former NRL player Dave Taylor for any offence caused by a segment on the Sunday Footy Show yesterday,” a spokesman for Channel Nine said.

However not quite done with it, Erin Molan attempted to then join "team disgust" and distance herself from it with this cracking tweet.

View attachment 6965

Everyones hammered her calling bullshit. But saving the best till last, have a go at the return fire from Dave Taylor himself (since deleted).

View attachment 6966
A empty couch? I’m lost?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Casting couch, look it up at work or in front of people.
I dont think many people get it lol

You only get it, if you've seen it before haha, i thought his response trumped it

I dont even think she got it, but im sure someone would of linked her

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fkn LOL at Dave’s response.

But srsly how did he get so fat whilst still playing

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
hahaha to be fair I reckon we should be shaming fat athletes so that they can get their shit sorted pre retirement.. I really worry about Beastwood when he retires given how big he is right now. Awesome burn but.. the only reason Moylan is running the show is because of all this equality crap.. The show is shit I know, but Fatty is still a far better host

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good. I hope the footy show does lose its sponsers and nine finally put it out of its misery. Goes to show how awful free to air TV is when a show that hasn't been remotely decent for years is still going.

The joke about Taylor wasn't even funny and there was so much to work with seeing he's basically a cross between Sam backo & Daryl brohman now, only without the mo

Status
Not open for further replies.