Round 16 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After a great start, then Watson scoring two easy tries I thought here we go again, another struggle.

But wow, that's what I've been wanting to see all year.
Players running with intent, running effective set plays, defending their nuts off and actually having a go. I had a good feeling about this game, but didn't see that coming. I promised myself I'll renew my membership if we won, looks like I'll be phoning the club on Monday. Obviously not expecting that each week, but what a win!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahahaha we're playing an average side that are two men down with no pearce dont pretend like these changes wouldve changed our season
Didn’t say we’d win the Comp
However the close games we lost and some goal kicking misses could of been atoned for

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watched the game on a bit of a delay.

No doubt I will smash smith when he fucks up but imo he looks to have something . Tall, rangey , fast and skillful. Strong too for a skinny fella like his dad.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Close games against arch nemesis dragons west tigers and crapolla could have been won with changes the kennel were calling out for.

No excuses
Won’t win the comp
But wouldn’t be fighting it out for the spoon

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good all round performance albeit against a weakened Knights team. I thought that Smith, Klemmer and Jackson were the standouts but pleasantly surprised by Holland and Montoya in the centres. Lewis was solid on debut, particularly defensively. Hoppa a bit scratchy at the back would with the final pass on occassion but a few games in the 1will benefit him. Good confidence building win hopefully we take that form in against the Raiders next week.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not letting a try in all second half ( in fact zero points conceded) were just as good as scoring 4 second half tries!

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A fantastic win, particularly after the shocker the previous game. The distractions with Mbye and Woods leaving must have drained a lot out of the players and with that out of the way and a few new faces they looked a different team.

Solid debut game from Lewis. JMK some good and bad but at least he tried some things in attack. Maybe with Foran gone he realised he needed to do more than just tackle. Pleased to see Jackson score. Deserves something good after all the effort he puts in. Rhys Martin kicking goals from everywhere. Brown scores from Dummy half. I thought even Liccha had a good game. Klemmer - best I have seen him play for ages.

Well done team and Coach.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok another ISP player which is ok but some of these players are not up to NRL standards yet and is unrealistic to say it's Pays fault. Remember, Hasler did not give these guys a go, barely dropped players and as a result we are fillings positions with players that don't cut it in the nrl YET
What are u going on about im one of pays biggest fans but u still have to have humor occasionally

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
US...
no morris
no woods
no foran
no mbye

DON"T MATTER the Knights were depleted.So were we, despite the calibre of the not-so-dearly departed!!

CARNNNNNN THE DOGZZZ
No RFM either...

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha...no mate your wrong. If your capable try and understand this.

SOO you coach the best of the best

NRL you coach good players to become great players.

You and others have been bagging Pay when he has a patched up team lacking experience.

So there's no excuses for Walters losing this series according to armchair critics like you because like Pay, Walters has a new team to build and has lost both games and the series. You call this kind of coach useless, shit, has no ideal and much more shit that comes out of your mouth.

Don't you get the similarities here? No matter whether it's NRL or SOO you have to look at the big picture but I've tried to make it smaller for you so you can understand.
What crawled up your fucking arse ha haha

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only down side out of that match for me is that ponga is gone for origin
Mate don't be dissapointed his better off not playing anyway especially in the same position. As well as he played in SOO I'd say Nathan Brown would have been spuing playing him in the middle making 30 tackles. His hammy was fatigue related

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Lewis played great. His ball distribution was intuitive to the circumstances at the time and the field position, his kicking was good and he tackled like a demon. Remis played well too. Good to see the side having a real dig so I am not going to criticize anyone. I also thought Tolman had his best game of the year. Did some critical tackles with real intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.