Hoppa in Tonga game

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cause he knows he can get away with taking the piss out of the bulldogs just like he did with the not playing Sunday Fucken nonsense
Do you genuinely beleive that?

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Such a shit uneducated comment, He was one of our best and most consistent players last year., We have some of the dumbest fans in the comp.
According to various kennel members, if you play below par once or twice your considered a fraud who plays for the money!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In his last games at fullback before he moved back to the centres (a position he hadn't played for 5 years), he was playing well and starting to read play, back up, and inject himself nicely in play.

I'd tell Sharks to get fucked, put Hoppa at fullback and see if we start making use of Woods offloads with Hoppa at fullback.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Such a shit uneducated comment, He was one of our best and most consistent players last year, We have some of the dumbest fans in the comp.
You don’t know me hero, nor do you know my knowledge of football. Jump on his bandwagon after one decent performance if you like but I’ve SEEN him fail to put his body on the line in defence MANY a time in my team’s jersey which does not impress me at all. Maybe those things don’t bother you, that’s fine, rate a player how you like, but I’ve been following this team since 78 and I can tell which players put it all on the line and which don’t, and here’s a tip, those that would sit out Sunday’s don’t tend to give everything for the jumper.
You are correct though, we do have some of the stupidest fans in the comp....

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looks faster this season.

I think he is a solid fullback.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In his last games at fullback before he moved back to the centres (a position he hadn't played for 5 years), he was playing well and starting to read play, back up, and inject himself nicely in play.

I'd tell Sharks to get fucked, put Hoppa at fullback and see if we start making use of Woods offloads with Hoppa at fullback.
Spot on

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t know me hero, nor do you know my knowledge of football. Jump on his bandwagon after one decent performance if you like but I’ve SEEN him fail to put his body on the line in defence MANY a time in my team’s jersey which does not impress me at all. Maybe those things don’t bother you, that’s fine, rate a player how you like, but I’ve been following this team since 78 and I can tell which players put it all on the line and which don’t, and here’s a tip, those that would sit out Sunday’s don’t tend to give everything for the jumper.
Mate get into a room of minors for fuck sake.
You are the pied piper of the idiot fans if you think Hopoate doesn't put his body on the line.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He can't or wont play like that for us at all this year with frawley/jmk/lichaa spine. Simple as that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He did the same thing last year. He captained the team last year and was the second best player on field (only 2nd 'cause Naiqama had a blinder)

Came back to us the next week and was boring as they come. He has heart for his country but not his team.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is a very very good fullback, just lacks that little bit of speed but at this point he should be fullback for us. unless Pay intends on playing him centre next year, then I say keep him at centre so he can build towards next season.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopoate is not actually as bad as what people say he is. He is still a very solid player. He just doesn't have that x factor about him. Because, our spine is not ding anything we tend to say yea hopoate offers nothing. But, if we actually had a good spine with creative halves then i am sure hopoate will be able to finish off some decent tries and set up some.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopoate is the least of our problems with our dud roster.

Pay will probably play his favourite Holland at FB.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When we played Bunnies and Mbye got knocked out didn’t Pay move Hoppa to fullback?

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we played Bunnies and Mbye got knocked out didn’t Pay move Hoppa to fullback?
Is that the same game when Hoppa pushed Lichaa out of dummy half and went down the short side on the last setting the try up for one of the Morris boys?

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate get into a room of minors for fuck sake.
You are the pied piper of the idiot fans if you think Hopoate doesn't put his body on the line.
I’m clearly not the only one here who thinks that, but if it makes you feel good, target me

I’ve seen him dog tackles for us - say what you want, but I dont rate his commitment and I wouldn’t care if he left like the other overrated bloke M’Bye

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we are talking about 2018 I can somewhat agree.. but at fullback he was a good defender and did put his body on the line.. super safe under the high ball too, I can only recall him dropping one or two. By all means am I not saying he's the answer, but at least he will offer a bit more than he has at centre.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People couldn't wait for Hoppa to move from fullback and now they want him to move straight back. You're all just going to end up sooking about the same things all over again in a couple of weeks lol.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
His speed lets him down sadly.. I wonder what he would be like in the halves... we have limited options for either so we've gotta make use of what we have.. we need B Moz to stay on the edge otherwise the floodgates will open just like in the Titans game

Status
Not open for further replies.