Round 15 - Bulldogs vs Titans - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I know times are tough but you are a negative Nancy.

The titans aren’t some world beaters they are the titans. We haven’t been thumped for a while I doubt it happens this weekend.
I know but if we are going to beat sides, we need to look like we are in to compete.

Currently our performances are more coughing and spluttering.

I'd just like to be able to watch a game and go "hey looks like we have this one", rather than "Oh shit we are 6 points up with 30 minutes to go and have shut up shop".

As a supporter I just have zero confidence in the side getting a result at the moment.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know but if we are going to beat sides, we need to look like we are in to compete.

Currently our performances are more coughing and spluttering.

I'd just like to be able to watch a game and go "hey looks like we have this one", rather than "Oh shit we are 6 points up with 30 minutes to go and have shut up shop".

As a supporter I just have zero confidence in the side getting a result at the moment.

We have been in more games then not which you would think wasn’t the case this season. If our former administration had of spent our big money wisely on some decent spine options we would be way up the ladder. Soon the table will turn and we will start winning these close games.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have been in more games then not which you would think wasn’t the case this season. If our former administration had of spent our big money wisely on some decent spine options we would be way up the ladder. Soon the table will turn and we will start winning these close games.
If the refs did there job we would have won these close games this year.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This game is going to be a hoot,the 2nd worst attacking side in the comp plays the worst defensive side.Next week we play the worst defensive side,Newcastle.
IF we don't score a heap of tries and/or let a heap of tries scored against.For the Raiders game every player has an obligation to forfeit his 1st grade position,sit in the stands and give others a go.

FFS,games against Titans,Knights and even Raiders are penciled in as expected wins by competitive teams and here we are praying for a win.
Every week I'm expecting the other game's results to go against us and well hit bottom.Lucky Parra are a shit team.

I'll scrummage through my library maybe Washington Irving got the answer to how Rip Van Winkle fell asleep.I'll wake up when this nightmare is over.
50 years following our club,I never thought I'd say this,but that's how I feel.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
This game is going to be a hoot,the 2nd worst attacking side in the comp plays the worst defensive side.Next week we play the worst defensive side,Newcastle.
IF we don't score a heap of tries and/or let a heap of tries scored against.For the Raiders game every player has an obligation to forfeit his 1st grade position,sit in the stands and give others a go.

FFS,games against Titans,Knights and even Raiders are penciled in as expected wins by competitive teams and here we are praying for a win.
Every week I'm expecting the other game's results to go against us and well hit bottom.Lucky Parra are a shit team.

I'll scrummage through my library maybe Washington Irving got the answer to how Rip Van Winkle fell asleep.I'll wake up when this nightmare is over.
50 years following our club,I never thought I'd say this,but that's how I feel.
You got quotes from the leading coaches saying that there are any expected wins or are you the super coach who knows when your team will win or lose? Only one team wins a GF and the others are classified as having a losing year. No coach this year has said they expected to have an easy win or even a win against the dogs.Saints beat us by two points and they lead the comp,we had two ISP players as our halves and they had two Internationals,swap them and who wins? Things not as grim as the doomsayers want us to feel!

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lichaa
Frawley
King
Mbye

Is our spine.

For F@#k sake they expect people to pay money to turn up and watch that!

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The old board made mistakes trying to win a comp.

If we let Woods go, this board is making mistakes doing what?

When your in a hole you don't get rid of one of the few people that can help you get put of it!

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nightmare is a good description of our situation atm, but even worse a nightmare with no end in sight. We always seem to have problems with the Titans. Was it 2014 we played the Titans in the last round before the finals. We led by around 20 points but still managed to lose. Is that the year we ended up making the Grandfinal from 7th. Back to the game this weekend, it might come down to the battle between the halves. I dont have much faith in our halves unfortunately.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got quotes from the leading coaches saying that there are any expected wins or are you the super coach who knows when your team will win or lose? Only one team wins a GF and the others are classified as having a losing year. No coach this year has said they expected to have an easy win or even a win against the dogs.Saints beat us by two points and they lead the comp,we had two ISP players as our halves and they had two Internationals,swap them and who wins? Things not as grim as the doomsayers want us to feel!
Spot on. Whilst we haven’t been winning we have been gritty and close enough to win. Like you said we just lack the quality in the halves and hooker to steer us to a win.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Chill out bro,trying to induce some humor in a trying season,lol.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe we should pick up Alex Johnston, Throw him in the 1 for us!! Good fullback option..

Quick hands/great ball playing skills with plenty of speed an very quick off the mark. !!

I know we have Meaney coming,and he seems like a REAL talent but strange things can happen haha !!

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe we should pick up Alex Johnston, Throw him in the 1 for us!! Good fullback option..

Quick hands/great ball playing skills with plenty of speed an very quick off the mark. !!

I know we have Meaney coming,and he seems like a REAL talent but strange things can happen haha !!
Blake Ferguson thanks....Meaney is bog average.... I really don't know why people bang on about him. Park footballer at best. Twas hardly a line around the block to sign him, and Knights (who are last in NSW Cup) aren't in a hurry to retain him.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watching us play reminds me of my high school days.You just managed to ask a hot chick out,you get her all agreeable and happy with a few drinks.Then opps she's out of gas and falls asleep and you end up with your dick in your hand.Shit I was so close.Let's have a laugh people,let's all grow a beard and shave it off when we win the comp or at least make the top 4.Hopefully by then we won't change the kennel's name to ZZ Top lookalikes.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blake Ferguson thanks....Meaney is bog average.... I really don't know why people bang on about him. Park footballer at best. Twas hardly a line around the block to sign him, and Knights (who are last in NSW Cup) aren't in a hurry to retain him.
Wouldn't it be cheaper and make more sense to just promote Bergamin instead?

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry i stand corrected I was looking at a bad site but Frawley and Lichaa have 5 try assists together so its a redundant stat.
What lofty expectations are you on about? Most fans would be happy to escape without the spoon.........
Sad brother but true.Through the summer,after a few frustrating years we had high hopes,maybe they were false hopes,probably the reason most fans are crushed.Now all we can hope for are tiny steps of improvement and like you said "happy to escape without the spoon".I'm not concerned with the results anymore but tend to gain hope from these little steps.I guess we all know what the club is capable of and probably should not expect or demand high targets atm.People act to trouble differently,I for one put a mask on and hide my true feelings with jest.I've seen too many tears in my line of work to hold a sport as a divine priority.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
If we don’t win it’s the old boards fault and the old boards fault we are getting out reffed and the old boards fault Pay uses a shit bench and the old boards old board older boarded old boards

Status
Not open for further replies.