The last year at our club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We all have different opinions of players and the positives and negatives they bring to a club.

But i ask the kennel just to keep the opinions out of it and try to help me come to a logical conclusion/explanation

Late last year we lost Graham, Kasiano & Reynolds to sign Woods and Foran.

This year we have lost Mbye now and its been made clear we do not have cash to re-sign the Morris boys and Eastwood. From all reports it looks like Woods is gone.

We have signed some "young talent" and a couple of fringe first graders though this is minimum cap space taken away.

Just keep the emotions and opinions of these individuals away from this and when you look at this whole picture can someone please explain to me how the fuck do we lose - Graham, Kasiano, Reynolds, Mbye, Josh Morris, Brett Morris, Eastwood & Woods to keep only Foran?

Am i missing something?

Am i off my fucken head?

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I never looked at it that way and i do not have an answer.

But reading through that list 3 times i would love a big fat trumpet to knock me out for the remainder of the night

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's not to understand??? We are having an old fashioned clean out and using the cap as an excuse.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No, you're not missing anything (not sure about being off your head though) ;)

I think it's due the fact that the previous admin signed foran, brown and woods assuming the salary cap would be 10 million plus but in reality it was only roughly 9.2 that's why we had to offload graham and kasiano, back-ended deals signed off by the previous administration are why we are paying a large portion of their salary for this year and beyond. A new board, recruiter and coach coming in, it's obvious the higher ups thought that the team assembled on paper wasn't very competitive. If you believe our CEO and the whole deal about not being able to recruit until 2021 it's obvious that the new board/coach didn't rate a lot of the current squad hence the fire sale clean out and rebuild.

That's just my two cents anyway

Last edited:

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's not to understand??? We are having an old fashioned clean out and using the cap as an excuse.
lol

Yeh by keeping duds like Floporan and Floppa who are chewing up $1.7m of the cap

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The downfall of our attack began with Reynolds and Mbye yet people think they are a big loss

Kasiano's form was terrible and possibly worse at the Storm

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Shit club = pay overs

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
We have an old roster

Time to send them off to the retirement home

We went big in the 2012-2015 period, and now we are seeing the back end of that, we didnt win any in that time, but 2 grand finals in 3 years any club would dream off

The way i look at it

- other than storm the other 14 clubs would love that kind of record
- not every club can be successful all the time, only 1 team can win each year
- People here call for a rockstar fullback, but then theres only 4 or so fullbacks in the whole game that would be up to the imaginary standards that the kennel has, anything else is sub par
- Pay has connections with the upcoming juniors through U20's Origin etc, of course he is going to go after the young guys he has worked with before, at least they are at that elite level before NRL

we may be paying overs on some contracts for now but we will get past that stage in a year or two

just fucking be patient

how patient were the knights, panthers, tigers, etc fans when their teams were fucking shithouse for the last decade

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This coming from Tolmans mortgage broker and the US Sports & Medicine Professor of body repairs
Look just state your opinion.
Don't make up numbers that you think reinforce or add gravitas to your opinion.
Intellectually bankrupt.
Tolman's is the only salary I know because someone I know well told me.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look just state your opinion.
Don't make up numbers that you think reinforce or add gravitas to your opinion.
Intellectually bankrupt.
Tolman's is the only salary I know because someone I know well told me.
My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.