Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you think if you went (below) would save our edges or at least improve them

2. Montoya
3. J Moz
4. Hoppa
5. B moz

If you move J Moz to Montoya's side Montoya won't come in as J Moz is a great defender and move B Moz to Hoppa's side would work cause B Moz can read play better and shut down Hoppa's defensive laps
Or you could make it even weaker at least with the Morris brothers together their side of the field is sorted.

Its worth trying it but there's a chance it will be even worse then it is now

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya had the perfect chance to take the game sealing intercept but blew that as well.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why the f@ck is Montoya 1st or 2nd reciever running the ball out of our own red zone??? The **** gets easily dominated each and every run and is lucky to make 2 meters. A waste of a hit up!!!

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Or you could make it even weaker at least with the Morris brothers together their side of the field is sorted.

Well fortunately for us we are potentially spoon bound and have really nothing to loose lol

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nothing can be worse then how it is now. 17 tries in 9 games thats diabolical. 4 more then any other team in the comp. It has to change. You cant keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. SPLIT THE MORRIS TWINS.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I said in the off season that Montoya needs to bulk up.

Where is Mr. Danks?

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nothing can be worse then how it is now. 17 tries in 9 games thats diabolical. 4 more then any other team in the comp. It has to change. You cant keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. SPLIT THE MORRIS TWINS.
You cannot split the Morris twins. That left edge is rock solid in D and you do not weaken it to strengthen the right edge by 30%

The most logical solution would be to give Montoya a spell in the reggies with Lichaa and throw Holland on the wing

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it can be worse, we will have both edges weak in defence instead of one!

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here are the stats for our super quick, super fast, flash Gordon can’t catch him Montoya:

14 runs, 96 meters = 6.85 meters.
Take away that 1 run that he made about 20 meters (the try assist) and it would be roughly 13 runs for 76 meters which comes to 5.85 meters a run.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Montoya is dumb as fuck.... when you play NRL and you are dumb, you need to compensate by being strong and fast.... he’s slow and weak!!! Offers nothing more than what a 18yo debutant would, kid has not developed. Whenever he gets the ball I just think here we fuckin go this little child is going to get manhandled... then it happens.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why the f@ck is Montoya 1st or 2nd reciever running the ball out of our own red zone??? The **** gets easily dominated each and every run and is lucky to make 2 meters. A waste of a hit up!!!
Is there a weaker player in th Comp? He’s a lightweight.. no strength no speed no power no brains

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Marcelo whilst a Junior isn't up to it.

No meters after contact, rarely makes more then 5 meters in a run and we are never on the front foot!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
why does Montoya run hunched over like he's trying to fuck an invisible object? I still remember the first clean break he made this year and he was run down by a fat arsed prop within about 15m!
he shows no football brains at all and seems to just be flat out fucking dumb......I used to dislike Holland but this year maybe due to less structure or just where he's playing he seems to atleast have some sort of football brain with his decision making and makes the right choice more often than not, i'd like to see him take over Montoya's position

Reactions: GDR

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the guy, but he's not first grade material.. he literally has no area that he excels in

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stupid Thread.

His defence was strong and worked harder than any of our backs last night.

Montoya will be a dogs winger for a loooonnnnggg time so stop bringing down one of our own. Only thing the kid needs is a lesson on d from Hazem.... Extremely underrated defender and shut down plenty of right to left shift plays when playing an up and in defence line. Took plenty of intercepts too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I remember last season when people were praising him and saying he should move to fullback lol. He hasn't kick on from last year and while some things are his fault others aren't. You do have to question why he has regressed rather than just writing him off as absolute shit lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd love to see Tom Carr get a shot. Tall, lanky, fast, can challenge in the air (has an insane vertical leap), and can find the line.

Reimis Smith started to warm last week, but is still pretty rusty.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the overlaps are from the forwards being clumped up in the middle..puts too much pressure on our edges and the slightest mistake ends up with a try. Our right edge slides a little better and the Morris boys are clinical in defence.
I agree it’s starts in the middle and causes hoppa and Montoya to rush up. The Morris boys read defence better and are strong on there side but the problem can affect them as well but are handling it.

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
It was 4 on 3,watch the highlights (they are up on wide world of sports),before you start laying premature blame.
Ball came straight out of the scum,Boyd came in as extra man on Foran,Hoppa took 2nd row,Montoya took their center,wing was unmarked with miles of room on the outside.
It's always a problem if you lose a scrum smack center on your 10m line.You can only defend 3 on each side with fullback at the scrum base.The offensive team will ALWAYS have an extra man (the fullback) and sometimes 2 if the half runs from the blind side of the scrum.
It's an indefensible move unless you rush the 1st receiver.Foran stayed back,he should have rushed Boyd and put him on the ground.All Hoppa did was try to stop Boyd throwing a cut out pass to an unmarked wing.
What they should have done is break early and give a differential penalty,then set the defense.It's textbook stuff.It was a poor captain's decision but JJ,but he will learn from that I'm sure.
Really bro,you think it's fair shooting from the hip and blaming a player for nothing,that's probably giving us more value then most players on twice his contract?
Mate have you been watching all the dogs games this year he cannot read the game in
In defence they have scored 90 percent of points attacking the right side he always comes in

Status
Not open for further replies.