Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I feel like he's a signing made 2 seasons too late. Or even if we had got him before Hoppa.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol fuck off. Can't believe we are signing Mead. Our recruitment is fucking trash.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imo hes been playing well in Titans. Much more pace than floppa. He can actually be good last man-defence

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mead wouldn't be a bargain though, we'll pay another 400k for a winger who can play fullback every now and then

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What I'd do for a Lachlan Coote style fullback

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I find it very hard to believe rona will be at another nrl team , in fact im almost certain he wont be, rugby on the other hard i dont know

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing Perrett will be around next year and Rona wants to stay but doesn't mean he's wanted.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing Perrett will be around next year and Rona wants to stay but doesn't mean he's wanted.
Lmao really?

So Rona could not be wanted but Perrett is, does our club know you need the best player you can get to have a chance not club favourites ready too retire... If thats true our club needs to realise winning a comp makes them money not mediocre crap

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apparently Ch 7 in QLD was reporting that David Mead is most likely going to end up signing with us.

Good player but not really a move forward imo.
Under Des...
Behind our pack....
Blah blah blah

Another Meh signing.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe we'd be seriously considering Mead. Another old back who we'd probably sign on a 4 year contract knowing Des.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des signing mead is interesting

Is he playing full back? Then our game plan will not change and expect forward domination. Des has been trying to look for a speedster to sniff for offloads. Mead will do this.

I really don't believe that we'd have the current structure if we get Foran. This mead move may mean that Foran may not be coming after all.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great!!! Mead is virtually a slightly faster version of Perrett .. If I could pick one player that reminded me of Perret in the comp it would be Mead .. Des needs a SCAT test seriously .......

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mead.... what a joke of a signing if true.... des and our recruitment need to hang their heads in shame

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopefully Souths get him

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can't believe someone just said Mead is a slightly faster version then Perrett? IN WHAT WORLD...

I agree he is not as good as he was 2-3 years ago. That said he would still walk into our backline.

I'd love the idea of having Mead on board PROVIDED it is not at the expense of Rona and is not big bucks.

A back 5 out of B Moz, Rona, Hoppa, J Moz and Mead is a very very good back 5. It's up to Des who fits where though any of Mead, Hoppa, B Moz can play fullback and then work out the rest from there.

The most important piece in my opinion is still Foran by far and I can't see how Mead signing (if true) effects that at all especially considering Perrett is surely on his last legs if he sticks around it's depth SURELY and Rona speculation to union (which I hope is BS) and would keep him over Mead every day of the week. Besides B Moz I think Rona is our best back by far.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't believe someone just said Mead is a slightly faster version then Perrett? IN WHAT WORLD...

I agree he is not as good as he was 2-3 years ago. That said he would still walk into our backline.

I'd love the idea of having Mead on board PROVIDED it is not at the expense of Rona and is not big bucks.

A back 5 out of B Moz, Rona, Hoppa, J Moz and Mead is a very very good back 5. It's up to Des who fits where though any of Mead, Hoppa, B Moz can play fullback and then work out the rest from there.

The most important piece in my opinion is still Foran by far and I can't see how Mead signing (if true) effects that at all especially considering Perrett is surely on his last legs if he sticks around it's depth SURELY and Rona speculation to union (which I hope is BS) and would keep him over Mead every day of the week. Besides B Moz I think Rona is our best back by far.
He aint even a walk up start for the titans anymore LOL

upload_2016-8-5_10-40-38.png

Which one of these players is gonna make way for Hayne ?? hmmmm I wonder LOL.....
Early in the year even Zillman was in front of Mead ....

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He aint even a walk up start for the titans anymore LOL

View attachment 896

Which one of these players is gonna make way for Hayne ?? hmmmm I wonder LOL.....
Early in the year even Zillman was in front of Mead ....
I think that Dong guy will make way and mead to wing

Status
Not open for further replies.