Not open for further replies.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The whole 2nd half they were of by a mile but the rotation was shit

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our forwards did as well as they could with three of them running more than 200 metres each. Eastwood was terrific today 1 line break, 5 offloads, 21 runs for 201m,22 tackles with three missed. Rotation was puzzling to say the least .

Looking at our halves however, between the two of them they ran a total of 81 metres; made 32 tackles and missed 6 with one offload. Lichaa 3 runs for 13 m and 34 tackles in 69 minutes.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not going to bag any of them tonight.
What I saw, was a team that dominated for most of the game and just got run over at the back end due to missing players.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I saw, was a team that dominated for most of the game and just got run over at the back end due to missing players.
Actually, it was due to missing tackles.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw a team that played well then slacked off and got fucked in the ass by Canberra

Last edited by a moderator:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
canberra skinniest back stream rolls our defensive line and our biggest bopper gets rag dolled by their 2 players max.

It was shitting me to tears how we couldnt make 20 m in a set in last 20 minutes where BJ was making 20 m in one single run and offloading as well.
The 5-0 penalty in the second half didn't help either.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Every week our go forward is not decent over 40 minute over the course of a match.

We always look gassed towards the back end of halves, regardless of injuries

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's one I know I ain't an expert or SuperCoach but since the props are so obsessed with taking a hit up on 4th tackle plays, why don't they mix it up and run decoys?
It used work well in the old days and the Broncos won a premiership from doing that, they even made a lot of good defenders look average!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every week our go forward is not decent over 40 minute over the course of a match.

We always look gassed towards the back end of halves, regardless of injuries

Do you think it could be because our coach of late has been using one replacement in the first forty while other sides will evenly distribute their replacements.? Admittedly that should mean we have the best chance of running on fairly fresh legs in the second half but then there is normally a raft of changes in the first twenty of the second half which if we don't score is basically a waste. He still leaves one fresh bloke on the bench who gets about 9 minutes or so at the end ( like Garvey today) but most of the time then we are fading or playing catch up. Not respecting possession has been another problem too and when we do get the ball we are lost when in our opponents twenty. If we do cop an injury ( like today) it stuffs our rotation. Other teams seem to lift and increase their tempo in the second half and we seem to be penalised more in the second forty effectively giving the other side a leg up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Here's one I know I ain't an expert or SuperCoach but since the props are so obsessed with taking a hit up on 4th tackle plays, why don't they mix it up and run decoys?
It used work well in the old days and the Broncos won a premiership from doing that, they even made a lot of good defenders look average!
Dogs forwards aren't fit enough to run decoys lol. The Cowboys are probs the best team at running decoys with there props atm. Last night i saw Coote screaming at Hannant to get in position to run a decoy just after playing the ball.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
5 first graders out. A rookie left side which Raiders scored 2 try's on that side. Kas injured early on. Raiders with close to 80% possession in the second half. Half a rookie bench. I'm proud we only lost by 12.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs forwards aren't fit enough to run decoys lol. The Cowboys are probs the best team at running decoys with there props atm. Last night i saw Coote screaming at Hannant to get in position to run a decoy just after playing the ball.
You're kidding I know I've never played first grade football but I was a fat boy forward as a child and I loved running decoys!
All you've got to do is bluff and intimidate the the defensive line!
But forwards running as decoys usually works better if the forward or forwards actually hurt the defence in their last few hitups and destroyed them psychologically!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're kidding I know I've never played first grade football but I was a fat boy forward as a child and I loved running decoys!
All you've got to do is bluff and intimidate the the defensive line!
But forwards running as decoys usually works better if the forward or forwards actually hurt the defence in their last few hitups and destroyed them psychologically!
Hahaha. Also fits in with put style of play...Des really doesn't wanna run many decoys as he needs the forwards in the line to pass the ball. We try to play around sides rather than through them.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha. Also fits in with put style of play...Des really doesn't wanna run many decoys as he needs the forwards in the line to pass the ball. We try to play around sides rather than through them.
Des would make a perfect coach in the English super league if that's his gameplan?
You need forwards that can tear through the defence and ask questions everytime otherwise it's just bland,boring, predictable football being played out

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Des would make a perfect coach in the English super league if that's his gameplan?
You need forwards that can tear through the defence and ask questions everytime otherwise it's just bland,boring, predictable football being played out
Well thats the way it is...works fine against the weaker sides but not so much against the stronger ones..

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With 20 mins to go and our forwards flagging, you need you halves to step up. We couldn't match their tempo, yet we kept rushing to give them the ball back with one out hit ups and hit and hope 5th tackle kicks that looked like hitting and hoping. FFS, a kick out of play with a scrum restart on their 35 is better than kicking to their strength reaching the 20 and have them run it back to halfway ....or I back for a try. Some game management on the field, where the halves take control was needed but sadly lacking.
We panicked, and stopped doing what worked so well in the first half with spreads early and often.

EXACTLY the same thing happened in the 2 losses to the EELS.
Once we lose momentum, we find it nearly impossible to get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.