Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Any team would have Hayne. That is a pretty stupid question to ask.

I don't buy all of the Roosters rumours. Hayne has always said he will return to the Eels and I honestly think he will do just that (if he ever returns to NRL). Given enough time, the Eels could easily make space for him and I am sure they would be given a massive heads up should he wish to return.

But if this Rugby thing goes well, he could easily be snatched up by English or Japanese Rugby (maybe even Australian Rugby?) and get great dollars. The world is his oyster now.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any team would have Hayne. That is a pretty stupid question to ask.

I don't buy all of the Roosters rumours. Hayne has always said he will return to the Eels and I honestly think he will do just that (if he ever returns to NRL). Given enough time, the Eels could easily make space for him and I am sure they would be given a massive heads up should he wish to return.

But if this Rugby thing goes well, he could easily be snatched up by English or Japanese Rugby (maybe even Australian Rugby?) and get great dollars. The world is his oyster now.
How bad would that look though w Eels deliberately cheating cap then pick up a gun like Hayne!

For the record I would take Hayne in a heartbeat

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Do you mean the "war chest?"

Not certain how that works, but seeing as though NRL owns Titans and Knights at the moment it makes the most sense to plant a superstar in one of those clubs as they're likely to get more value back
Yeah I think that what it is , and the Titans and Knights will have first crack

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
How bad would that look though w Eels deliberately cheating cap then pick up a gun like Hayne!

For the record I would take Hayne in a heartbeat
Clearly they would have to shed some big names because everyone knows their situation.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Ps the war chest will never be used. Dave Smith is an idiot for ever creating it.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Greenburg will open the war chest then send him to parra for their finals charge......don't forget Greenberg got his paper bag payment at Punchbowl Maccas:smirk:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
No. Hayne is beginning to look like another SBW. No guarantee that he wouldn't up stumps to pursue another career in sport.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL should fight to get him back, His marketing ability is worth more than his talent.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if he gets tested and cleared?

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
He can't play either code for 6 months anyway as NFL don't comply to world anti doping rules.
What a load of crap! first training session for Fiji test him! if its clean he's clean.
6 months ban for absolutely no reason, i hope that FORMER head of ASADA guy has good lawyers!

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way Parra can sign Hayne is if they do not re-sign Norman and Gordon while releasing another top paid player (i.e Semi or Jennings)

If he comes back to the NRL, i bet Haynes Paddington pad (financed by uncle Nick) he will be at the Rorters

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The only way Parra can sign Hayne is if they do not re-sign Norman and Gordon while releasing another top paid player (i.e Semi or Jennings)

If he comes back to the NRL, i bet Haynes Paddington pad (financed by uncle Nick) he will be at the Rorters
think Semi is only on $250,000

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It makes me think... Surely Watmough and Peats > $570k. With 2017 adding $200k to the cap they might not have to lose too much

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Parra fans think they are going to sign Hayne and the NRL will HELP them! Hahahaha

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No. Hayne is beginning to look like another SBW. No guarantee that he wouldn't up stumps to pursue another career in sport.
Sbw accomplished things though lol Hayne didn't really if you think about it. Making the cut is one thing but staying there is another. Let's all be honest Hayne was never gonna make the cut for 49rs this year, so behold a new dream occurred to him well apparently it's always been there, he shall go to the olympics to play rugby 7's, great excuse to leave without looking like he wasn't good enough to make the cut and keep his spot.
I would rather Valentine Holmes or Ben barba again they're looking awesome those dudees

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
No he seems like the sort of guy that would not fit at the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.