Reynolds brain snap,again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
it was a great penalty and i was shouting at them to do it

get the defence set properly for the final play
x 3 always got someone to nit pick FFS, Josh was the superior 5/8 and had a good game IMO

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was a great penalty and i was shouting at them to do it

get the defence set properly for the final play
Not so sure about that .. we were all over them in defense.. and than he gave them a chance to set themselves up for a play .. and they did shit all with it

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh had a good game .. but stop the ****ing milking its embarrassing !!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last play wasn't a brain explosion it was a calculated play, either the refs dont blow the penalty and the game stops there or they get a penalty and they get one play regardless.

What was a brain explosion was Reynolds milking that penalty when we were in their 30 zone it was like the second tackle and Reynolds just had to milk that, i'm almost certain if we had brought the ball forward a few more plays we could've shot a field goal which would've ended the game right there.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the end of the game Reynolds gave away the most stupid, blatant penalty that could have easily brought undone all the hard work of the previous 79 minutes and 50 seconds. He NEEDS to use his head more and stop doing mindless things out there.
If Penrith scored off that last play the level of filthy disappointment would have been unprecedented.

We played with good intensity and I'm so proud but please Reynolds, use your head ffs.
Rubbish. They deliberately gave away the penalty and it was the right thing to do. If they didn't give away the penalty Panthers would have the ball with a quick play and broken defence. The penalty gave them one tackle with our defensive line fully set.

That play could have won us the game.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
change thread title, I dont like it. Not accurate

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
maybe the coach send the word out for that because all they could do was kick to a set defence. big deal.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyway, it can't have been too much of a ploy because Gus isn't calling for it to be banned.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Actually, I agree with OP

Technically that was a sin bin offense, a professional foul. Luckily we weren't down to 12 for that last play

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it a good play earlier in the game when he was trying to milk a penalty and ended up losing the ball and hand over possession...He's a great competitor but he needs to show more control and maturity out there.
Definitely maturity needs to prevail and I have no doubt it will. Then Reynolds will be all heart, passion mixed with a dash of flair and occasional brilliance.

On the milking and the penalty on full time, I have seen plenty of these exact instances over the years go either way; all up to the referees unfortunately and currently Reynold's moniker "Grub" isn't doing him any favours in the awarding of 50/50 calls.
He's shown his hand a few too many times, for instance indicating a previous discussion regarding the kick into the ref last week against Manly.....if he learns to tell a bit of different story both on the field and in interviews, the perception of him will alter and other's will warm to his ways rather than finding them questionable.

~cb.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no wrong or right here, Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Josh and Tony both were under the impression I was, that it would have all been over if they had just held on for that 5 seconds till the fulltime siren. Apparently they didn't consider that Hayne would make new rules and force them to have another play after the siren... I don't recall a penalty being blown before the siren, so I'm sure it should have been over.

But in saying that, wouldn't it have been better if Josh jumped out from marker and tackled or put pressure on the dummy half, or even forcing an error such as a knock by him or the dummy half?

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
There's no wrong or right here, Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Josh and Tony both were under the impression I was, that it would have all been over if they had just held on for that 5 seconds till the fulltime siren. Apparently they didn't consider that Hayne would make new rules and force them to have another play after the siren... I don't recall a penalty being blown before the siren, so I'm sure it should have been over.

But in saying that, wouldn't it have been better if Josh jumped out from marker and tackled or put pressure on the dummy half, or even forcing an error such as a knock by him or the dummy half?

yeah

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you mean idiots who think Reynolds is a hooker?
Leave it alone likeadoggy, you made your point, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, why make it out like it was personal toward Josh Reynolds?
Lets move forward and wish everyone of the Boys all the best at the Big Dance.
Our Half's outplayed the opposition all night so I have no complaints. C'mmmon Doggies, Go you good things :-)

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Leave it alone likeadoggy, you made your point, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, why make it out like it was personal toward Josh Reynolds?
Lets move forward and wish everyone of the Boys all the best at the Big Dance.
Our Half's outplayed the opposition all night so I have no complaints. C'mmmon Doggies, Go you good things :-)
If it doesn't concern you probably best to stick to yourself you don't even know why I posted what you copied tbh. I am more than comfortable with my level of support

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the reynolds haters will hate,so be it, weve seen this happen with plenty of other players to
everyone has an opinion thats good, but negative comments coming into this week is not needed our players will be looking for support and encouragement from us, they dont need to be looking at us attacking our own

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it doesn't concern you probably best to stick to yourself you don't even know why I posted what you copied tbh. I am more than comfortable with my level of support
Dear o Dear what a nice man you are!!

Fish

Waterboy
Reaction score
I agree it was a penalty worth conceding but i also agree that during the off season Dessy needs to get in his ear about keeping his head in tight situations and showing a level of maturity that he is sorely lacking, the guy has unbelievable heart and ticker but a severe lack of brains at times.................and i love the bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.