Thank you, It was at the Dragon game.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i dont think there will be a dry eye at his last home game :(

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Im happy for him for the career he has had but it is upsetting cause he is a true club legend. One of the best Bulldogs ever and will be missed, he better stay at the club in some capacity.

Luv the growler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a LEGEND!

His last game will be Sunday October 4th at ANZ people...

This reeks of Terry Lamb's retirement in 1995 (until Super League brought him outta retirement in 1996)...does it not?

Retirement? Premiership? One of the Bulldog greats?

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Greatest Bulldog of all time they should build a statue of him outside belmore,he will be greatly missed a true champion,and gentlman,we will miss you mate and hopefully the boys can make it a year to remember by winning the comp!! WHAT A LEGAND!!

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
has will retire

Magic ... kicking machine, El Masri to retire at season's end. Gregg Porteous
League's greatest point scorer Hazem El Masri to retire at year's end
By staff writers
June 30, 2009
Hazem El Masri, the most prolific points scorer in the history of rugby league, has announced he will retire at the end of the year.

Known as rugby league's greatest goal kicker, El Masri announced his decision at a press conference on Tuesday.

The Bulldogs winger is one of the most respected figures in the NRL, and he has left an indelible mark on the game holding a number of records.

El Masri has played 305 games for the Bulldogs, a record for the club, and has kicked 851 goals, the most by any player.

He also holds the points-scoring record with 2318, which includes 154 tries.

The points-scoring machine’s record would have been even greater but for playing second fiddle to the club’s other kicking great, Darryl Halligan, for his first five years at the Bulldogs.

"Retirement is not an easy decision," El Masri said.

"I play rugby league because I love it but the time has come for me to make the difficult call that this year will be my last.

"I have enjoyed every high that rugby league has had to offer: I've won a premiership, I've played for my state and for my country and no matter what happens from this point forward, I will retire from playing a happy man.

"I'm so grateful for the support I’ve enjoyed along the way: my wife, my family, staff at the club and the Bulldogs fans have all played a major role in what I’ve achieved.

"I’m honoured to be a role model. I've played the game clean and to the best of my ability and in the face of every challenge I’ve aimed to be strong and loyal on and off the field.

"With this decision now made I look forward to getting on with the rest of the season and helping to make it last as long as possible for everyone at the Bulldogs."

El Masri made his first-grade debut for the Bulldogs in 1996 after being spotted playing for Belmore Boys High School in 1994.

During his glittering career, he played one State of Origin game for New South Wales, one Test for Australia, and three Tests for Lebanon.

He is a devout Muslim widely respected for his work in the community outside the football arena.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He probably could go another year, he is fitter than most twenty year olds, built like a brick and doesnt get injured, thanks for the good memories Hazem.

-313-

Who would have known that a boy from Tripoli in Lebanon could grow up to become NRL highest point scorer... You are true role model Haz on and off the field. The NRL could sure do with more players like you..And you retire on top of your game.. All the best mate I'll be there on your last game cheering you on as I was on your first game.. Thank you for the memories... and may God be with you...

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Everyone, jump on the dogs site and send your messages through

Status
Not open for further replies.