Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We should spend any money we have left retaining Haz for another 3 years.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind having both at our club. Anyone know whats happening with Greg Eastwood, like any updates?

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
warriors dont sound 2 confident with money, they just bought that prop from the mines that use 2 play for knights. i forget his name but that was apperently with the money freed up from Sonny Fai. guess time will tell. i just really hope we get crocker!
They're not using the money that he would be earning.

They have said they're keeping his salary and such as part of the cap for 09 as if he were still there.

Good on them too. Shows real character in the club.

I'd prefer Eastwood. He can hit but his alot more creative than Crocker and offers somthing in atack.

Take none TBH. Seriously. We've recruited well and that's good enough for me.

Seriously, Most of you guys saying Buy Crocker and stuff just want to win the premiership this year.

Don't rush and have some faith in the talent we already have.

BTW, Taking any player now would be stupid considering they haven't trained with the team and wouldn't know anyone, resulting in not knowing set plays and being confused and uncomfortable with the players around them.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, Taking any player now would be stupid considering they haven't trained with the team and wouldn't know anyone, resulting in not knowing set plays and being confused and uncomfortable with the players around them.
LOL! What would be stupid is having money left in the 2009 cap & not putting it to use! Its not like you can save it for next year. Exept for frontloading which i don't agree with. Because someone getting $400k this season & $200k next season. So it equals out to $300k a year over 2 years. Is not going to be that pumped for the second season.

Either go hard for Eastwood or Crocker or show some faith in the likes of Barba, Kite, Idris etc... and give them more for 09 & lock them into longer deals before everyone comes knocking!

K

kennyy

would be nice on the cheap, dont c it happening dogs r too smart atm

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! What would be stupid is having money left in the 2009 cap & not putting it to use! Its not like you can save it for next year. Exept for frontloading which i don't agree with. Because someone getting $400k this season & $200k next season. So it equals out to $300k a year over 2 years. Is not going to be that pumped for the second season.

Either go hard for Eastwood or Crocker or show some faith in the likes of Barba, Kite, Idris etc... and give them more for 09 & lock them into longer deals before everyone comes knocking!
That's one of the points I've been trying to get across, atleast SOMEONE gets it.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
-_- spend the money on crocker then ffs!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
we already signed idris didnt we for a couple seasons. barba hasnt shown enough for me to believe in him yet i think theres alot of hype and kite has good potential and could be worth banking on.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It doesnt say that Eastwood is going to the Warriors

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
This is what they said in the news papaer on the weekend. It was in reference to Michael Crocker
That would be an estimated guess mate.

NRL clubs don't go around telling tabloids how much they have left in their cap. That figure probably went around as rumour before the paper decided to print it.

Don't believe everything you read in the paper. I'm fairly confident that yes we are under the cap, but definitely not by that much. The current admin. will look to upgrade contracts of juniors based on this year's performances. That's why they are keeping some room there.

I'd rather upgrade 2 promising juniors, than sign one proven player, ultimately meaning those 2 juniors will leave for better money.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After losing Maitua and $BW already after securing all of our new signings, surely we would have at least 450k in space this season considering at least 700k came off the books with those two clowns leaving.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After losing Maitua and $BW already after securing all of our new signings, surely we would have at least 450k in space this season considering at least 700k came off the books with those two clowns leaving.
doubtful. we've bought a 4 or 5 established first graders to cover for those two.

maitua and sbws contract combined would be what.. 650/700kish?

kimmorley - wouldn't of signed for less then 220k
ennis - one of the top 5 hookers in the game at the moment. would be on 250K plus
morris - also you'd have to believe he would be on more then 200 thousand with how good he went last year
hannant - all the rage was about him last year. broke into state of origin. another signing that wouldn't of been cheap.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
doubtful. we've bought a 4 or 5 established first graders to cover for those two.

maitua and sbws contract combined would be what.. 650/700kish?

kimmorley - wouldn't of signed for less then 220k
ennis - one of the top 5 hookers in the game at the moment. would be on 250K plus
morris - also you'd have to believe he would be on more then 200 thousand with how good he went last year
hannant - all the rage was about him last year. broke into state of origin. another signing that wouldn't of been cheap.
All of that is seperate. All of those guys were signed before we lost Williams and Maitua. Therefore the money those players were signed with was already available.

So now that Williams and Maitua are no longer at the club, we get their 700k+ off the books for the 2009 season which we now have at least 450k of that available right now. That is what I was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.